B2O Paint Schemes for iRacing

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Re: Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes

Looks great so far man, nice work!

The number placement is always an issue. There is a layer in the schemes that shows you where all the mandatory iRacing stuff is overlayed be default which comes in handy during the skinning process.

Just out of curiosity, have you started work on the Z4 yet?

Ideally I want to get a few Ruf's, a few Z4's and a few Macca's in some Saturday Practice Pals Sessions, record them and use them for our YouTube Intro in 2015.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Looks great so far man, nice work!

The number placement is always an issue. There is a layer in the schemes that shows you where all the mandatory iRacing stuff is overlayed be default which comes in handy during the skinning process.

Just out of curiosity, have you started work on the Z4 yet?

Ideally I want to get a few Ruf's, a few Z4's and a few Macca's in some Saturday Practice Pals Sessions, record them and use them for our YouTube Intro in 2015.
Yes I know there is a layer... For some reason it was separate or not showing because I was paying attention to the hood number but didn't see the marker for the side numbers.

As for the Z4, yes I have, it's a lot tougher than the other ones but I would say its about 75% done, with this Porsche (I intend to have it rightly say Porsche across the back) I'd say is about 75% too (in a lot less time). Most of the tough work is done on the Porsche but the Z4 needs some gradient fixes.

I'll see what I can get done tonight and hopefully what I do only will require very minor tweaks from home. (I work on them at work, then at home check out any issues once it's on the 3D model and go from there)

I also want to take a look at the GT skin and see if it's like the RUF where it would be very simple to throw together, or if it's tougher. But I'll try and churn these two out.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

There's no real rush on this Kyle so no worries, I was merely curious.

Once done I'll ask some of some of our Practice Pals regulars if they'd mind donning a skin and joining in for close proximity practice sessions on Saturdays.

I want different race tracks in this intro so that will translate to a number of Saturday Sessions.

My guess would be an hour practice should give me more than enough content.

Also, I'll see if I can run my game at a higher resolution for these sessions.

Daunt

MLG Pro

There's no real rush on this Kyle so no worries, I was merely curious.

Once done I'll ask some of some of our Practice Pals regulars if they'd mind donning a skin and joining in for close proximity practice sessions on Saturdays.

I want different race tracks in this intro so that will translate to a number of Saturday Sessions.

My guess would be an hour practice should give me more than enough content.

Also, I'll see if I can run my game at a higher resolution for these sessions.
You only need to make it high-res just for the replay after the fact. If you want to do it a quicker way, you can simply load a good replay you have, then once it's loaded and everyone's skin is downloaded, go in and change them manually to our skin. This would be a much faster way of generating a few good clips at all the places you've raced already; Spa, VIR, Road America (a few good laps you can choose from before... the incident) etc. The clips need only be 5-10 sec max, from what I remember of that clip, its a bunch of very short, mixed clips. Need to take advantage of a bunch of camera angles.

I'd be happy to help if you need.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

It will be a mix of both live and replay footage ;)

It's also something I want to do as a Team as we've spent little to no seat time together which does not for a strong team make.

Consider it a social event.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Alright guys. Check... this... out...

screen3.jpg
screen5.jpg
screen6.jpg
screen4.jpg
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg

The beamer and the Ruf probably could use a few people to look it over and make sure its good. Other than that, they just need a happy car to put it on and some personalizations for each driver.

Last edited:

Noodleguitar

Awesome, they look very nice.
Would it be an idea to make the stripes above the BMW's headlights black? Or some other colour? Otherwise it's very red at the front.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Awesome, they look very nice.
Would it be an idea to make the stripes above the BMW's headlights black? Or some other colour? Otherwise it's very red at the front.
Its very read because it has such a huge front end (for obvious reasons) So it's not the same as the other two. By stripes, do you mean the air intakes / vents?

I will post the shemes up here so everyone can actually use them for themselves and put forward their opinions.

Noodleguitar

Its very read because it has such a huge front end (for obvious reasons) So it's not the same as the other two. By stripes, do you mean the air intakes / vents?
I mean the parts directly above the headlights, the "eyebrows", you can paint them.

Daunt

MLG Pro

I mean the parts directly above the headlights, the "eyebrows", you can paint them.
Ah! Yes this would be a good idea. I will try it out. Now that I said vents though, I forgot that I did not do what I did with the McLaren's vents. Any opinions?

DougT

Casual

One thing I noticed a bought your skins is how big they are 16.0 MB compered to 1.9 or so !! ?
But is still a nice skin and will wear it with pride :icon_cheesygrin:

Daunt

MLG Pro

Good to hear! Let me know what I can add to customize it for you. Avatar, nickname, etc. Then I can put the finishing touches on the Beamer.

About file size, I do not compress them which I'm sure has a lot to do with the size. They're also the highest res / color setting (don't want us looking pixely!) @ 32 bits / pixel. So that probably explains it. I've read you weren't supposed to compress them but I don't know what the usual targa file size has been. All of my paints have obviously floated around there.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Here's one take on an idea I really wanted to try out. Not even 25% done yet but you can get an idea of the scheme, colors, direction I'm going with it. Trying something different, a bit artsy but nothing near the Koons artsy.

Holden_b2o1.jpg

Will probably tone down the halftones, especially on the side (which I didn't show yet really) Trying to accentuate the natural features of the car and make it look even more sleek / aggressive.

If not for B2O then I will see this one to the end anyway because I really love the way it is coming out and love the color scheme.

little P

Super Mod

I love the RUF skin Daunt thankyou :) wearing it with pride!

Any chance of some customization to it? Only if you have time of course :)

little P

Super Mod

Hi Slider, look at post #52, the skin for the ruf paint is there :)

I'm assuming you mean where is the skin itself, however if you mean how do you apply custom skins in general let us know and we will go through it, but I don't want to tell you something you might already know :)

Daunt

MLG Pro

For customization, leave your name, country and a picture of your avatar here.

little P

Super Mod

For customization, leave your name, country and a picture of your avatar here.
Thankyou :)

Name: "little P"

PNG transparent version (might look better): 1.png

Last edited:

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86