Howdy! Alaric, a new member.

Alaric

Casual
Hi everyone, I just want to say hello to all the members and introduce myself.
I started play Iracing last year. I am learning a lot but i hope to learn more from you guys.
I was introduced by Jeff Vannijlen. He did a very nice robo paint job on the renault 2.0.
I live in the Netherlands and my age is somewhere in the 40's.
I love to watch Moto Gp and of course F1(Max Verspappen) but have more fun watching F2/GP2 because of the numerous overtake actions that you will never see in the F1 unless it's a wet race in Brasil:)
I also love playing the guitar!

I hope to see some of you in the Learning sessions and maybe in the League races.
Greetings,
Alaric

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Oh awesome, welcome Aleric great to have you with us. There's a number of us in that age group as well (I'm just barely hanging on at this point) so you'll be rubbing shoulders with other adults.

Having said that, being an adult and acting like one are two different things so...

We have a fun first approach but definitely take racing seriously enough to help each other improve. League is also a lot of fun and although not immune to incidents is setup well where incidents really hurt so people are far more careful than they are in official.

League represents some of the best racing I've ever had since joining the iRacing service.

BTW, Jeff is OP as hell and I have no idea how he gets that turtle of a BMW around the track as quick and consistent as he does, it's amazing!

Shilka

Hardcore
Hi Alaric :)

I'm a Dutch guy somewhere in his 40's myself too! (You never can have enough of those, right?)
I haven't played iRacing in a while anymore though, I'm more into truck driving these days... so if you play anything else next to iRacing, don't hesitate to mention it around here :)

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and to B2O, I'm sure the iRacing bunch are ready to give you a warm welcome as well as some overtaking action (keep an eye on that Duke guy, he has a tendency to scrape your car and blame you for it ;) )
Feel free to look around, and never hesitate to post :)

Alaric

Casual
Thanks for the warm welcome all!
I do race assetto corsa but not truck driving. I saw some revieuws, pretty difficult!
Maybe in the future i will try this.
I'll see you on the track.

Alaric

Casual
Welcome Alaric! What kind of guitar do you play?
I play mostly on my Fender strat, but i also play often on my Herritage(Les Paul) . I have a Fender Deluxe Amp, and a Marshall JCM 50 Watt Jubilee. Also i love to play on my classical guitar, a Alhambra 5p cw e2. I play mostly old rock, blues, little bit of classical. I always say: I play music that's good so can be everything, accept jazz, quite difficult. Do you play and what are you using? Amps? Style? Greetings, Shredder(I wish).

E

ElektroVodka

Yay! Another one from our side of the pond!

Welcome to B2O Alaric! Doe gerust alsof je thuis bent :)

Noodleguitar

I play mostly on my Fender strat, but i also play often on my Herritage(Les Paul) . I have a Fender Deluxe Amp, and a Marshall JCM 50 Watt Jubilee. Also i love to play on my classical guitar, a Alhambra 5p cw e2. I play mostly old rock, blues, little bit of classical. I always say: I play music that's good so can be everything, accept jazz, quite difficult. Do you play and what are you using? Amps? Style? Greetings, Shredder(I wish).
Cool to hear, and nice guitars! I play mostly electric and have an Ibanez Prestige which is awesome for stuff like Steve Vai, John Petrucci etc. (although I can't play nowhere near as good as them). Mostly though I play on my Gibson Les Paul Robot guitar which I use for Hotel California and Maggot Brain for example. I'm not a fan of Nylon-stringed classical guitars. I do regularly grab a Western guitar (Takamine) to play stuff I think sounds nice (like Small Things or Kaki King. One of my dreams is to be able to play Woke up dreamin' at some point.

I never invested in a good amp, so I'm using a Roland Cube 30 with a Boss ME-50 multi-effects pedal.

I'm also not a fan of playing jazz :p. Never could remember the different chords before I went back to Rock/Blues/Metal.

Alaric

Casual
Cool to hear, and nice guitars! I play mostly electric and have an Ibanez Prestige which is awesome for stuff like Steve Vai, John Petrucci etc. (although I can't play nowhere near as good as them). Mostly though I play on my Gibson Les Paul Robot guitar which I use for Hotel California and Maggot Brain for example. I'm not a fan of Nylon-stringed classical guitars. I do regularly grab a Western guitar (Takamine) to play stuff I think sounds nice (like Small Things or Kaki King. One of my dreams is to be able to play Woke up dreamin' at some point.

I never invested in a good amp, so I'm using a Roland Cube 30 with a Boss ME-50 multi-effects pedal.

I'm also not a fan of playing jazz :p. Never could remember the different chords before I went back to Rock/Blues/Metal.
Yeah, john Petrucci, I wish i could play like him, very tasteful and good staccato when he plays fast!
And yeah, wont we all be able to play as Bonnamassa(if woke up dreaming song is his original?)?
Yeah, i like your style!
See ya arround.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars