Spintires Mud Runner - nice little surprise!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I like taking the Jeep and unlocking the map. It's the best way to discover everything while getting yourself into places that have no right being places.

I got stuck between 5 trees once for 10 full minutes at night. The more I tried to maneuver the worse it actually got lol.

SpinTires looks like it shouldn't be fun but it really is but again IMHO you need to be playing online with friends to get the most out of it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
ah ok so its coop, but not multiplayer. what a pitty.
I just don't think this game is setup for MP. Not only that but it could be griefed so easily that MP just isn't feasible given the game mechanics.

Plus it's a physics simulation (essentially) so I can't imagine servers being able to handle all the data from client to server to client.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
So wait, I'm confused. 20 seconds into that video and it shows First Person: Cockpit... Could that mean they stepped it up in priority?

I also like how that trailer basically just summed up @Duke in SpinTires, like spot-on;
A lonely little SUV, stranded in the middle of a river, prisoner to the current's power... Until along comes a friend with a crane to catch him, and another to tow his dumb-ass out of the water!:D

Shilka

Hardcore
So far I've only seen first person on the UAZ, but yeah, cockpit view is expected for first release, but not sure it's done for all vehicles, and, as you can see in the video, there's no real functional instrument panel but a flat insert, no functional mirrors, and I doubt you can stick your head out of the window either.
But, hell yeah, been waiting for anything close to cockpit view for years, so I'm excited to try it out :D I'm sure I'll be setting myself some 'finish map in first person view only' goals as well, hehehe.

Shilka

Hardcore
Not sure how much justice that trailer does the game, as in reality you'll spend 80% of the time being happy you'll get up to one meter per second XD

little P

Super Mod
Not sure how much justice that trailer does the game, as in reality you'll spend 80% of the time being happy you'll get up to one meter per second XD
It did look like a whole lot of B2O gameplay footage to be honest what with the drowning, being swept away by a river, flying off cliffs etc.

I can't help feel though that the trailer is a misrepresentation of the game though.

I can imagine some people will be disappointed if they buy the game based on the trailer alone...

E

ElektroVodka

Hmm, how many of us were involved in the making of this trailer :D
Can't wait to see what P's got for us this time.

Nejtun

if it releases when they say it will i shall be jumping on this for sure , I will still be in TS around PP time though

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics