Post your rig!

Big_J_29

Casual
The "Exit Car" button, in the top left, won't reset you if you're on the race track? Seems like a missed opportunity if it doesn't, since hitting Esc-key will do both...
Just realized the problem he is having, the get out of car/ reset button does indeed work, you have to hold it down, in this case that means touch it and hold for a second, works just fine.

Big_J_29

Casual
I think I am going to have to try this, just need a mount.
This is all I am doing for the moment, wife picked up that stand at the Dollar store one day thinking it would be useful at some point and I am just using a C Clamp to hold it, do not want to do anything permanent since I have decided to go ahead and build a Rig. It is real sturdy because the desk actually supports the back of the pad.

Deb

Cool! I saw some on Amazon that I think might work. Don't know how much you want to spend on a rig, but I have two of rigs from Simetik (link below), they are extremely reasonable from a price stand point, great quality, pretty easy to put together and are delivered surprisingly quick. They do have seats available, but to me the Sparco seat is more comfortable.

https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
28164635_198639397552127_3900505698410259476_o.jpg
28337459_198634907552576_8728138784753258629_o.jpg

Finally got mine where I want it for now, Looking into a Mouse and Keyboard tray and something to hold the Vive while I'm not using it. Rig is an 8020 by 4playracing on ebay. Love it so far, really want to get a comfier seat but this knock off Sparco R100 works in the meantime.

Deb

I just ordered the accuforce V2 and HE Pro Pedals, will keep you guys updated. Looking forward to the command center!
That's awesome Davey! Have had a little trouble with the paddle shifters on the V2, but replaced the spring and hopefully that is over with now. Otherwise, the wheel is great. I also have the HE Pro Pedals and probably the best money ever spent on sim equipment. Great feel, relatively easy to install and great quality!

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
Awesome! Looks like we're running the same setup :p
Pedals should be here Wednesday or Thursday, no word on the Accuforce yet. There's a 2-3 week lead time on their website, Hopefully not the case but we'll see. Pedals are more important to get first anyways.

Can't see myself going with motion just yet, I need an excuse to get me down to Naids.

Deb

Awesome! Looks like we're running the same setup :p
Pedals should be here Wednesday or Thursday, no word on the Accuforce yet. There's a 2-3 week lead time on their website, Hopefully not the case but we'll see. Pedals are more important to get first anyways.

Can't see myself going with motion just yet, I need an excuse to get me down to Naids.

Yeah, I'd like to get back to Naid's too, haven't been in awhile. Bedo said the other day he thinks he might have moved to a different location but not sure.

Slider

Hardcore
The best seat in the house :D Since I upgraded to V3, carper isn't strong enough and I just roll away in the chair. Next upgrade is a proper rig to put triples and peripherals on.

Reactions: Deb

Kelley G

Casual
Been meaning to post in here for a while but the rig has never been "finished". So here is the old rig followed by the new one.

The first rig was a playseat evo with fanatec V2.5 base, V3 pedals and a homemade triple monitor set up. The centre post naturaly drove me nuts. The stairs were still usable however cramped. I took a tumble down them once (no major issues other then bruised tailbone for a week) and that was the point at which i decided on a complete overhaul.

The new rig is 100% homemade.

Used a 3/4" MDF base (covered in workout mat) to bolt all the 2x4 and 1x4's to secure it together. These were wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl.

The aluminum pieces are actually 2" PVC pipe wrapped in aluminum vinyl and are there to provide stability. Part of the way through the build I decided I wanted to mount a HOTAS and joystick for flight sims so drawing inspiration from @John Navara 's 80/20 design I found out that VESA Mounts worked wonderful to allow adjustability.

The seat is from a 2003 BMW 3 series (I love my cars seats so I picked a spare one up used)

In the process of the build I upgraded to an i7-7700 card as I found a good deal on a used one which was also needed to run the oculus.

For those of you keeping score, during the 12 hours of Sebring you could hear saws and drills through my mic. That was the beginning of the build. I had a lot of help from my father along the way, including CAD drawings and extra hands every step of the way. Overall very happy with the end result. It is very sturdy, and i am getting quite used to VR. A little cable management and hopefully I will be done building for a long while.

Attachments

Kitlope

Hardcore
Let me guess, the little dome lights beside the stairs were installed after the tumble? They look like lights anyway.

Very nice rig. :)

Kelley G

Casual
The dome lights have actually been there a lot longer then the rig. Was a DIY I saw on one of those life hacks videos.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Six cores! *PogChamp* I love that you can now get six cores at a consumer level! Hope not all works for you! Should be a very noticeable upgrade! Good luck and enjoy, Shilka!

little P

Super Mod
After 5 years said bye to the gtx660 and upgraded to an i5 8400 6 core with gtx 1070;

Like I said before congratulations mate, looks like a monster rig, you held out really well and I think you upgraded at a perfect time to be honest. Hopefully you'll be seeing games at Ultra level now, and glad to see you have joined the RGB movement too lol :)

PC's that double as club lights at night pwn :D

Noodleguitar

I have been looking around for an upgrade for a while and since my Alienware Alpha died (I sent it back to the factory for warranty repairs), I thought this might be a good time to do so. I went with a pre-built PC because I don't have a lot of free time at the moment and I'd rather not wait around for components and to build the thing. Also, from what I've heard this is not a bad time price-wise to opt for a pre-built PC.

Specs:
Case: NZXT H500
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P
Memory: 2x8 GB Crucial DDR4
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
GPU: Inno3D Nvidia RTX 2070
Storage: 480 GB SSD

Yes yes, I know, the 2070 is not really better than the GTX 1080. But the prices are also very similar, and I'm hoping the 2070 will gain more of its hyped usefulness in the future. And of course, machine learning :)

20181201_201635.jpg

20181201_201653.jpg

20181201_201743.jpg

I ordered it from a local company which had some decent reviews. Upon delivery I heard a painful rattling sound when I tilted the case. It turns out there were 3 loose screws inside the case (see pictures)! And oh look.. three open screw holes in the motherboard. That is very sloppy and unprofessional if you ask me. It will probably be fine but at least I'll have something to add to my review on their site. The cable managements looks nice and tidy, so that was at least done properly.

I guess I'm going to have to try to get access to the open holes in the motherboard to secure the missing screws, but first I'm going to see if it works well without me messing around in it.

Also, in the last picture, you can see the silver cable of the CPU fan in the rear. It seems to be (almost) touching one of the copper pipes of the heat sink. Aren't they supposed to get really warm, possibly wire-melting temperatures?

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads