Rainbow 6 Siege Free Weekend

Jerad

TS3 SA
As it's almost the only thing I've been playing for the past few months I thought I'd toss it out there that Siege has a free weekend this weekend (starting today maybe?) as well as all versions of the game are like 60% off this weekend. Except for the starter edition but please don't go near the starter edition.

More info here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/free-weekend/index.aspx

If anyone is interested hit me up on the discord as I will probably be playing most of the weekend.

Jerad

TS3 SA
Ya sure ID, I'd love to do this with you.

I remember all the good times we've had in Escape from Tarkov.

...oh wait :rolleyes:
We'll get there. 0.10 should be out in a month or two which promises to fix a lot of the game-breaking bugs and network issues.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
We'll get there. 0.10 should be out in a month or two which promises to fix a lot of the game-breaking bugs and network issues.
I don't think it's all that bad right now. Both Grimmz and Anthony Kongpan are playing/streaming it regularly and say it's improved a lot.

Jerad

TS3 SA
I did try playing a little a couple weeks ago and wasn't convinced. But we can give it a go. Let me know when you wana play and we can go die a bunch.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I have the LeMans 24hr this weekend so maybe we can look at doing it next weekend after my NUBG 4-some?

Deb

I tried it on the free trial for just a little bit yesterday. I think I would like it better than TF as it doesn't seem to have that same spinning around issue. But I think there is a lot to learn and I just started on a tutorial to see what it is like. I also think it would be much more fun in MP than SP, just like Conan Exiles.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I'm sorry, Deb. I said I would follow up with you last night and I didn't. Did you end up purchasing this, or nah, then... Unfortunately, the sale ended today on GMT time (duh, of course it did. I always forget that) so now the price is back up to $30 for the Standard Edition...

Deb

NP, I haven't bought it yet, but I am considering it, seems fun but so hard to say without playing it MP. I guess since it is already downloaded, I may as well buy it.

Jerad

TS3 SA
The game itself has a pretty steep learning curve but is a ton of fun once you start to get the hang of it.

Lots of strategy and team play involved where everyone has a part to play that is more than just "frag all the baddies."

Deb

They sent me a coupon to buy the advanced edition for $24.00, so I did. I'll try to figure it out, probably watch some videos on YouTube.

Jerad

TS3 SA
They sent me a coupon to buy the advanced edition for $24.00, so I did. I'll try to figure it out, probably watch some videos on YouTube.
There are some really good guides out there. King George has some really good (some outdated) map guides that teach you how to reinforce and setup sites and where to defend them as well as how to attack those sites. As well as some other general guides.

If you're feeling lost on maps a good way to practice them is doing terrorist hunts on them a bunch. Will also give you a chance to learn each characters guns and find what attachments you like for the guns.

Deb

There are some really good guides out there. King George has some really good (some outdated) map guides that teach you how to reinforce and setup sites and where to defend them as well as how to attack those sites. As well as some other general guides.

If you're feeling lost on maps a good way to practice them is doing terrorist hunts on them a bunch. Will also give you a chance to learn each characters guns and find what attachments you like for the guns.
Thanks Jerad!!!! I will check these out. I was thinking with endurance season winding down, I may have some time to learn a new game :)

Jerad

TS3 SA
I'm almost always available on discord if you wana play shoot me a message and we can hop into some games.

Jerad

TS3 SA
One more and we can all queue up as a full team for games! I picked up a 2nd troll account from the sale as well.

Deb

I am off Friday and Monday for Labor Day, so I will make time to read/watch some stuff to try to get up to speed. There is a lot to figure out. Love how you can move the camera around. . . well until the enemy sees it and shoots it :(

E

ElektroVodka

Might be handy to drop some u play usernames here :)

Mine's Elektrovodka (Yes very surprising i know)

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics