1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

****2018 Special Events (Endurance)****

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, Oct 12, 2017.

1. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Oh that i nice,one more Audi,great :)
    Not today tnx.I tried Audi,was on same pace as in Merc,my default car, but not every lap and I had some problems in hot weather so basically dont know to drive Audi that good as Merc

2. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Fixed Denis and Sam :D , we should havea really good turnout for next years events!

3. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

thx for putting me in.
    i also saw the 24h of silverstone and suzuka in there. in case these events take place i will be joining for sure with any car.
    @Nejtun

Nejtun likes this.
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

Updated with all the ones I'm interested in. Really looking forward to the endurance schedule next year!

Nejtun likes this.
  5. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

When you get message like this its nice feeling :)
    @Denis Savretic b2o is awesome

Nejtun likes this.
  6. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

Hi guys,

I'm new here, however not new to racing (member since 2011).. As the 2018 season approaches I am interested in taking a leap into endurance racing. Im not sure if this is the right thread to post under but a quick google search brought me to this page.

I am not the fastest, but have a level head and am pretty good at keeping a car off the walls.

Unfortunately with my work schedule I don't know until roughly a week or two before an event if I will be off or not. That being said I am willing to try and make arrangements to make a couple races this year.

Please let me know if I am in the right place and if there is an opening on the team. I would love to get to know some people and hopefully learn a few things.

Kenadian likes this.
  7. John Navara

John Navara Core

Kelley,

I would suggest checking this forum for the #practicepals league that is based on the Blancpain real world season and iRacing BSS schedule. We practice Monday and Wednesday nights and have a league race on Fridays. Things are kind of quite this week with Week #13 happening now.

John

Kenadian likes this.
  8. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

Thanks for the info John. I will check it out for sure!

9. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Hi @Kelley G and welcome,

check out some of the earlier post in this thread and see how people have shown their availability (you can just copy and paste one of those and fill in your own times and cars etc)

As John mentioned above we have a league for GT3 that runs weekly following the iRacing official track schedule which you can sign up for here if you like!
    Please also feel free to introduce yourself to our gaming community over on this thread .

The link in my signature shows a rough outline of the Endurances races we will be taking part in (dates and cars TBC) for 2018 , please have a look :)

10. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

@ Nejtun,

Thanks for the info, please see below. Hope to see you guys at practice pals and get to know some of you! Please see below.

January:

Roar before the 24 2.4 Hours Daytona Road Course
    Cars : Kia Optima Ford Mustang Global Mazda MX5

Cant commit

Daytona 24 Hour 24 hour Duration Daytona Road Night
    Cars : (likely) Ferrari GT3 Audi R8 Mercedes AMG , Ford GTE 2017 Ferrari GTE , C7 DP

Preferred - Mercedes AMG or Ford GTE

March:

Sebring 12 hour 12 hour Duration Sebring Day
    Cars: (likely) Ferrari GT3 Audi R8 Mercedes AMG , Ford GTE 2017 Ferrari GTE , C7 DP

Preferred - Mercedes AMG or Ford GTE

April:

Nurburgring 24 24 hours Duration Nurburgring Combined 24h Daytime
    Cars: Global Mazda MX5 Kia Optima Porsche GT3 Cup + 1 GT3/GTE car

Scared to commit...... GT3 or GTE

May:

Indy 500 200 Laps Indy Oval (solo event, not sure if possible to do this as a team)
    Car : Dallara DW12

June:

24-Hours of Le Mans Duration 24hour Circuit Lemans! Daytime
    Cars: Audi and Porsche LMP1? Ford GTE 2017 Ferrari GTE ?? 2x GT3??

Mercedes, Ford GTE or possible LMP1

6 Hours of the Glen Duration 6 Hours Watkins Glen International Boot Daytime
    Cars: (likely) Ferrari GT3 Audi R8 Mercedes AMG , Ford GTE 2017 Ferrari GTE , C7 DP

Preferred - Mercedes AMG, Ford GTE C7 DP

July:

24 Hours of Spa Duration 24 Hours Spa Franorchamps Endurance pits Daytime
    Cars: (likely) 5X GT3 cars (ford Excluded)

BMW***, Merc and Ferrari are both possibilities if need.

August:

500Km of Road America Duration 78 Laps Road America Daytime ( solo or team event )
    Cars: Audi 90 , Nissan GTP

September:

Petit Le Mans Duration 10 Hours Road Atlanta Daytime

Preferred - Mercedes AMG, Ford GTE or C7 DP

October:

Bathurst 1000 Duration 161 Laps Mount Panorama
    Cars: Holden and Ford V8 Supercars (2014)

All races are subject to date and if I can get the time off work. But these are the races I hope to make.

11. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

OK Kelley Got you down provisionally,

For everybody else the schedule for the 2018 Endurance Races should be released anytime. I will post it here and update the spreadsheets with the dates. We will start arranging teams and practices as soon as possible so keep an eye out for the announcements.

I may not be able to make Daytona as I have surgery over Christmas and New year and not sure if I will recover in time (will try my best and won't leave it until the last minute to make the decision!) But I will be good for all the others.

If anyone has their name down for any of the races and cannot make it, please let us know in good time if possible, it is not a problem if you have to do something else! It is however very helpful if we are able to adjust the teams well beforehand rather than just getting "no shows"

12. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Not long until the Daytona 24 hour folks! (with the roar before the 24 the week beforehand of course)

I guess we will start practicing in earnest and as a group just after Christmas with plenty of time for anyone who hasn't yet to put their names down on the spreadsheet. Speaking of which. please be careful when editing as the whole name list vanished last week but not a big deal as I restored a previous version (only a minor heart attack to go with it ;))

Need to know extra early if anyone is using a car we haven't run before as well please mates as Ken needs a bit of a heads up to do paints for a new car!

Kenadian likes this.
  13. Brainling

Brainling Core

Can't wait for Daytona this year. It's like my one year anniversary of taking iRacing seriously. Knowing how fast I am at Daytona in the GTE cars it's going to be a super fun race. One of the few places I've advanced enough to be close to the really fast guys. A few tenths instead of a few seconds.

14. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

My goal for this one is to not lose control in Turn 1 like I have every single time we've run Endurance here.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  15. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

@Nejtun I noticed I'm not listed on the Daytona 24 and I had committed to it previously:

Daytona 24 Hour 24 hour Duration Daytona Road Night
    Cars : (likely) Ferrari GT3 Audi R8 Mercedes AMG , Ford GTE 2017 Ferrari GTE , C7 DP

...am I missing something?

16. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

17. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Duke, I just missed you on that one ;) fixed !

Kenadian likes this.
  18. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Thanks Noel,
    Couple of changes for the line up, Bathurst is in Feb instead of October and it is GT3 + Porsche instead of V8s

Also an Addition of "Kings Royal" 410 sprint car race on July 7th -8th

I will move the people that put their names down so far for the Bathurst 1000 to the bathurst 12 hour and you can confirm/withdraw as you wish!

19. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

It's not the same race. This year they chose to do the Bathurst 12 Hour (woohoo!) which has lots of classes (from GT3s to Fiat 500s) instead of the V8 1000 km which is around 5.7 hours in length. Maybe the Bathurst 1000 is in its own series now, not sure.

20. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

yup, saw the different race type so if people were only interested in the V8s they can cancel no problem. just moved the names across for now that were interested in the Bathurst race whatever the length.

Also leaving the Le Mans 24 hour line up a bit open as I am sure a few people are hoping the LMP1 will be in on time for August.

The races should be in the correct positions with dates added (thanks Noel!) and some cars amended, Keep an eye on it folks, I am sure there will be some more changes ;)