2021 iRacing Special Events thru May - FYI

Brainling

Hardcore
Bathurst is my favorite, so no question I'll be at that one.

They haven't said yet, but my guess is that it'll be the VRS Sprint Series cars...so basically every GT3 on the service, with the M4 in place of the Z4 (which is now legacy I believe).

So:
Ford
McLaren
Mercedes
Audi
Ferrari
BMW M4
Lambo

My preference will likely be something mid engined because I think they are more balanced at Bathurst. We've run the Ferrari the last few years with some success, but the Lambo might be fun as it's new. Even though it's basically a shorter wheel base Audi it has some driving style differences.

Jes_971

Hardcore
I agree about the Lambo. I didn't even realize they added it to the service until last Friday. I'll be purchasing it and trying it out. I'm also in agreement about mid engine.

Reactions: Deb

Brainling

Hardcore
I'd like to run the P2 at Sebring, but if we don't get a P2 team together, the Vette or Porsche are my next choice.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
iRacing has updated the iRacing Special Events page with more events:

Road:
6 Hours of the Glen (Team Event): June 18-24, 2021 | Dallara P217, Corvette C8R GTE, Porsche RSR GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE, BMW M8 GTE, Lamboghini Huracán GT3 EVO, BMW M4 GT3 Prototype*

HockenheimRing Grand Prix: July 10-13 2021 | Dallara iR-01

24 Hours of Spa (Team Event): July 23-25, 2021 | Ford GT GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, BMW M4 GT3 Prototype*, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO

Bathurst 1000 (Team Event): September 17-19, 2021 | Holden ZB Commodore, Ford Mustang GT

Petit Le Mans (Team Event): October 1-3, 2021 | Dallara P217, Corvette C8R GTE, Porsche RSR GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE, BMW M8 GTE, Lamboghini Huracán GT3 EVO, BMW M4 GT3 Prototype*

Suzuka 10 Hour (Team Event): November 5-7, 2021 | Ford GT GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, BMW M4 GT3 Prototype*, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO

Oval:
North Wilklesboro Throwback Cup: April 11, 2021 | 1987 NASCAR Cup

Indy 500 (Fixed): May 14-16, 2021 | Dallara IR-18 Indycar

Indy 500: May 21-23, 2021 | Dallara IR-18 Indycar

Coke 600 @ Charlotte Motor Speedway: May 26-28 | NASCAR Cup Series (A-cars**)

Darlington 500: September 1-3, 2021 | NASCAR Cup Series (A-cars**)

Phoenix Finale: November 3-5, 2021 | NASCAR Cup Series (A-cars**)

Winter Derby @ Five Flags Speedway: November 20, 2021 | Super Late Model

Dirt Road:
Crandon Pro 4 Championships: October 16, 2021 | Pro 4 Stadium Truck

Dirt Oval:
Knoxville Nationals: August 21, 2021 | World of Outlaw 410 Sprint Car

Chili Bowl Nationals @ Tulsa Expo Center: December 18, 2021 | Dirt Midget

*the BMW M4 GT3 Prototype is NOT a "prototype-class" car, it just an iRacing pre-production model of a GT3/GTD-spec car set to debut later in the 2021 season.

**An iRacing "A"-Oval license is not required to run the "A-cars" in these races.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Interesting note about the 2021 season, there are NO races scheduled using the LMP-1's or Ford GT GTE, or races featured from the 2021 FIA-WEC schedule; No 6-hours of Spa, 6-hours of Monza, or 24-hours of Le Mans. I'm not sure how much of this is due to me pronouncing the LMP-1 class dead upon the P217's release, and how much is due to rFactor 2 receiving the official license for the 2021 virtual 24-hours of Le Mans...:p

Either way, no events, series is dead. RIP iRacing LMP-1/Ford GTE

F

Brainling

Hardcore
I did the LeMans sprint race in ESS last week and there were plenty of LMP1's. In fact as many as LMP2's in my split. So I don't think it's completely dead yet.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Going along with the above post and the loss of WEC-style special events, it appears that iRacing is going all in on IMSA branding. This appears to be the end of what has kind of been coming for a while, and, for me personally, I'm excited. I know loosing the windshield banner for some may be a bummer (@Kenadian), but I do like the concept of series uniformity (something that was kind of lost when iRacing started using Decal Layers to allow custom number boards), and I LOVE the addition of class-specific position boards. And the best part is that they've made it series specific, so if you're running the GT3 series, ESS series, or in a league, you are not effected by this change.

- For the IMSA Racing Series, all included cars now load into the event with some IMSA-specific modifications.
- - The following vehicles are effected, and ONLY effected during IMSA Racing Series events:
- - - BMW M4 GT3
- - - BMW M8 GTE
- - - Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE
- - - Dallara P217
- - - Ferrari 488 GTE
- - - Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO
- - - Porsche 911 RSR
- - These cars have IMSA branding and number positions. This includes the windshield banner, number boards, etc.
- - These cars have white numbers in the number boards, and a rear number that can be color-changed in the paint shop.
- - Each car has Michelin tires except for the Lamborghini and the Ferrari, which have no tire branding.
- - Each car has IMSA leaderboards. These digital displays show the car’s position in its class. The digits on each display are the same color as it’s car class (red for GTLM, etc.).
- - For cars that have round position lights on the sides, they remain, but will not function by design.

Jes_971

Hardcore
In regards to 24h of Le Mans, that sucks big donkey balls. I really enjoyed taking part in that event. I guess there is the possibility of a hosted option to still enjoy.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads