1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

6 Hours of the Glen - August 5th & 6th

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Brainling, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Brainling

Brainling Core

Hard to imagine we're talking about doing this crazy stuff again, but the 6 hours of the Glen is in two weeks. It's a six hour race and most people agree two person teams is the best way to go, though obviously people can form whatever teams they want.

Obviously this is a much smaller event than our normal 12 and 24 hour races, so don't feel bad if you're just burned out and don't care to participate. I also wouldn't expect quite the frantic pace of preparation you see before the really big events. I expect this will be a bit more low key overall.

I'll fill this in with more information later today I just wanted to get the conversation started and the team match making happening. I'll update as people commit to specific cars.

Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
    • Ken Lindberg

Ferrari 488 GTE

• Matt Holmes
    • Ken Lindberg (2nd choice)
    • Deb Bennett (2nd choice, Sunday only)
    • Jes Coleman (2nd choice, Sunday only)

Ford GT GTE
    • Jes Coleman

Mercedes AMG GT3

• Ken Lindberg (2nd choice)
    • Denis Savretic (2nd choice)
    • Deb Bennett (Sunday only)

Audi R8 GT3

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

For this event I'll run either the C7, 488 or AMG with the C7 DP being my first choice.

I need vindication on this race as we got screwed on a possible podium last time around due to a very careless Merc.

3. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Not a big fan of Watkins Glen, but this is usually a nice race. I'm not fully committing yet but if I participate it will probably be a solo drive.

Car is a difficult question for me, I didn't know the GTEs would be in it. The C7 was fun to drive but I also love the Ferrari. I'm guessing the order of popularity will be: GTE --> C7 --> GT3, just because many of the GT3s might have swapped to GTE.

4. Brainling

Brainling Core

You probably already know this but for anyone who doesn't: You'll get DQ'ed doing Watkin's solo. It requires one driver swap to be certified.

5. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I'm in for sure. I'll have softball again most of Saturday before 6:00pm CDT (0000z). What is strange is it looks like there might be 4 different start times. Is that correct? http://www.iracing.com/specialevents/ Does anyone know if it's Boot (with the bus stop) or Classic Boot?

I'll update my car choices after taking a few laps on the track tonight.

John

6. Deb

Deb Moderator

Is it only on Saturday or is there one on Sunday? I could do Sunday, but can't do Saturday. My first choice would be the AMG and second would be the Ferrari.

7. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I verified on the iRacing forums. 4 different races. I could do Friday early or any time Sunday.

This makes scheduling interesting this time. :)

John

8. John Navara

John Navara Casual

Here is what I am seeing with the start times:

Saturday 02:00GMT - Friday 10:00pm EDT
    Saturday 13:00GMT - Saturday 9:00am EDT
    Saturday 17:00GMT - Saturday 1:00pm EDT
    Sunday 14:00GMT - Sunday 10:00am EDT

John

Jes_971 likes this.
  9. Duke

I'll probably stick to the Saturday morning schedule as normal. Any other day and I'm committed to streaming throughout the weekend which is far less than appealing to me.

Oh and just an FYI, my last name is spelled erg not urg; Lindberg not Lindburg.

10. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

We've generally picked the Saturday 13:00 GMT time slot as the race choice, not only because it starts at the same time as the 24 hour races but also because the community has mostly agreed that this is competitive time slot. That means the other time slots will be diluted in number of cars and possibly even competition.

11. Brainling

Brainling Core

I had it as e, then read another thread where it was a u and went with that :|

12. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I'll be running the Ford GTE. I plan on running the Sat. 1300gmt and possibly a Sun. timeslot. Ford for Sat. and (possibly) Ferrari for Sun.

13. Duke

It's been misspelled a lot and I've never corrected it or felt the desire to speak up tbh.

The only reason I said anything this time around is my name is misspelled 3 times in the same post lol.

14. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

I will race Glen,2 drivers is ok for 6h so if anybody want to run with me is more than welcome.Guys question!When are practice pals what are you doing when is no big event on sight?

15. Duke

We follow the Blancpain Schedule in iRacing normally.

I know there's some interest in IMSA this Season as well (new toys) so I'm sure we'll have people driving either or both.

#PP runs Mon, Wed at 8 PM EST and Fri (League) @ 7:30 PM EST.

16. Brainling

Brainling Core

What cars are you most interested in driving at The Glen Denis? I'll put your name down and we'll figure out teams as the event get's closer.

17. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Tnx Ken for explaination!
    I would like to drive Ferrari.Its new car so...Also Merc is option but Ferrari is first choice.
    I will be running VLN on weekend,first race and I will be on TS so if anybody drive that join me on TS :)

18. Brainling

Brainling Core

I updated the op with all the driver car combos I've seen so far.

19. Deb

Deb Moderator

I would be interested in the Sunday race, AMG or Ferrari, either one.

Also, is anyone running VLN this Saturday? I could do a stint or two if the later stints, couldn't do earlier ones.

Jes_971 likes this.
  20. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Ferrari si not in VLN Deb.Audi,Merc,Porsche and Mazda.I think Bmw also.Maybe you are talking about Glen sry

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017