1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

A more satisfying way of playing PUBG

Discussion in 'First & Third Person Shooters' started by Duke, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

So last night @Jeeve79 and I were Duo'ing PUBG and it wasn't the best night for us. I can't speak for Jeff's success but last night I was horribly unlucky with loot.

...also I was playing like utter shit.

In saying that though I think last night was some of the most fun I've had in PUBG to date because our play style was far more interesting than how we normally play.

Instead of the passive, long game mode we usually engaged immediately, shot on sight and rushed. We got schooled more times than not but we didn't waste 20 minutes going long game and being surprised.

If you guys are into it I'd love it if we could play far more aggressively in our matches now and then. It's just more fun and the increased action makes for noticeable improvements in how effective you are in battle IMHO.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  2. Maverick

Maverick Casual

Hey Duke,

I'am relatively new to PUBG but I'd love to play with you guys, no matter how you play.

And what you write makes sense .... if you always go for the long game, have no contact for 20 minutes, never engage in firefights, you'll never learn how to get good at them.

Duke likes this.
  3. Kinger

Kinger Core

I thought that was the whole point of landing at school on the map anyway :). Immediate action!

Duke likes this.
  4. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

There is "aggressive", more comonly known in PUBG as "hunting", where you go after quick loot and then go after other players for their (hopefully better) loot, and then there is dropping at school, AKA suicide, @Kinger! :p

Noodleguitar and Duke like this.
  5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

You are more than welcome to play with us anytime :)

We typically play Tuesdays and Thursday nights at 8 PM EST and some Saturdays.

6. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I don't mind dropping in some more action-likely places, as long as we stick together at the start and help each other if necessary. We won't survive in early game squads if we're all in a different part of town or not looking at the minimap. I agree with @Skid_Marc_ that School is generally suicide because the servers can't 100 people on normal days.

Edit: Hunting for crates is also quite entertaining if we have transport, and will definitely increase the chances of contact.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  7. Jeeve79

Jeeve79 TS3 SA

ok guys i have rewatched some fun games on Dukes stream a bit to see where i could have played better or get that 4th guy down instead of dying myself. Here are some tips to keep in mind.

* 15 bandages max is plenty, unless u plan on staying outside the 1st circle.
    * at 75 percent HP, early game, use red bull instead of painkiller if u have both
    * Take your time to spot enemies. Actually look, dont glance.
    * If u get misinformation about a direction, or it makes no sense, go with your gut feeling, start spotting and check map and player positions.
    * Calling out directions to people who are in another position can be very distracting. If u also call out distance they have a better idea, or just say the direction relative to them. My N , NE for u, 300 m. All extra decription as fast and accurate as possible will also help off coarse.

8. Jeeve79

Jeeve79 TS3 SA

I also prefer to play for loot crates. If u do it a lot, u will get a lot of action. :)

9. little P

little P Super Mod

Last few times I've played (normally with Wapwap and Noodleguitar) we have been more aggressive and it's really been paying off both in terms of placement at the end of the round and for sheer fun... Sneaking around and not engaging until the last throws of the round certainly has its merits but I must admit I'm enjoying pubg way more now I'm getting 6 or 7 kills a round rather than 20 mins of sneaking and 0-1 kills. There's been a lot more hilarious moments because of the increase in hostile engagement. Yesterday I got my first vehicle kill when we lit up a passing jeep together, seeing it explode as it flew past and carry on rolling down the road in flames was very satisfying. And running people down in a buggy whilst being guided by Noodleguitar rally co-driver style takes me right back to the days of carmageddon :p Good times.

Also I took Duke's advice (there's a first time for everything) and lowered everything but textures to the lowest setting and man does it make a difference in firefights. Thanks d00k <3

Skid_Marc_ and Noodleguitar like this.