1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

American Truck Simulator Oregon DLC

Discussion in 'Simulation Gaming' started by Shilka, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

In a for SCS pretty unusual teaser, they have released some screenshots without any description.
    My guess is for those that wish ATS to get away from the desert, this looks promising... What's your guess?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Noodleguitar, Skid_Marc_ and Duke like this.
  2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Showing ocean would most certainly give this away but given the current map, the mountains, the logging roads and timber my guess is Washington and Oregon.

They really are beautiful screenshots regardless of where they are.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Do you think that the second picture is where the Deschutes river meets the Colombia river? I see similarity in mountain shapes, tree presence and guard rail type;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

I think I found the bridge in the first picture, The railroad bridge along Colombia river at Arlington?;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.google.nl/maps/...

Very convinced this is Oregon :D Took me a few hours of google maps surfing though...

5. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

And I think the 6th picture might be based on the International paper mill in Springfield, Oregon. Note the same main smokestack, smaller smoke stacks and main building orientation, same larger grey silo, smaller brown silo's, long slender silo, and especially the view from the road which has the same curve, guardrail/path/fence/bushes combo. Even the pine tree on the right is there.;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Duke

Wow terrific sleuthing there my good man Watson :)

This picture just seemed like something I'd expect to see along the i5 but it was the reason I thought of Washington as this is what BC looks like and Washington is on our Southern Border:

02.jpg

In saying that I didn't spend a lot of time paying attention in Oregon as it was more a case of "get there, get back" with Oregon. The only thing I really did there was stop to do some ATV riding on sand dunes in Southern Oregon and then detour to drive up the Coast for a bit.

If it were Oregon I'd guess Northern as Southern is a bit dryer iirc.

Fingers crossed it's both as I'd love to see them work Eastward from that point on as I'd love to see both sides of the Rockies and the diversity offered in other States such as Idaho and Montana.

7. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

During the rescale, SCS mentioned their wish for having two map teams work simultaneously on ATS expansions;
    Since we just had New Mexico released, and this upcoming one clearly being Oregon, it is most likely that their wish has come true, so I expect any next development to be both Northwards as well as Eastwards. Of Course Texas could be next, but don't let that fool you into thinking that the North side is not under development. There definitely is work being done on several fronts simultaneously :)

Duke likes this.
  8. Duke

Hopefully this would translate to the next map expansions after Oregon and Texas being Washington and Idaho.

Although a part of me remains cautiously optimistic that they're working on Oregon and Washington at the same time.

Shilka likes this.
  9. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Officially confirmed by SCS; it indeed is Oregon :D

And what a beautiful change of scenery it indeed is :)
    I'm also spotting quite a renewal of the wood industry assets, some new industry, new (very cool looking) trailer, more offroading; I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ElektroVodka and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  10. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

Wow with each of their updates you can see the level of detail improve.

The shipyard image (the one with the 2 skids with steel plates on them) looks very real.

Shilka likes this.
  11. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

If you like the shipyard, SCS released some more pictures of this asset;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  12. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

SCS has released a couple more screenshots of the upcoming Oregon DLC, this time the part of the scenic road 101, the coastal road continuing Northwards from California;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a small added bonus SCS mentioned 'Washington State DLC' for the first time in their blog post, so who knows, I might have to make a new DLC topic once again soon...

Duke likes this.
  13. Duke

Wow that's fantastic news and exactly what I was hoping for.

Here's hoping SCS continues this trend working Eastward one state at a time. If they keep going at this pace we may see the entire Rockies mapped out in the next year or two. I really hope they do the Rockies justice and give us cramped narrow areas with very steep grades.