1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

ATS state DLC news

Discussion in 'Simulation Gaming' started by Shilka, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Exactly one year after the release of ATS, we have some state DLC news, as SCS confirmed the next new state will be; New Mexico!

Here's some sneak peek screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm very happy to finally see some news on new states. No promises or time frames but happy birthday ATS anyway. I hope we'll be getting more info soon (tm).

Read the full article at SCSblog .

Duke likes this.
  2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Thanks for the update Shilka.

Any news on when (or if) we'll see more Truck manufacturers officially licensed and added to the game?

3. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

Oh boi!

They're adding more desert!!

I can't wait for that change of pace!!!

I like how they found all three places in New Mexico with green in there for the pictures to make it LOOK like New Mexico isn't just more desert... but unless they make it unrealistic... its just more desert..

Kinger, Duke and Brainling like this.
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

There goes my hope for Oregon being the next state. Yay more desert. I'll stick with ETS for now I guess.

5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

lol my thoughts exactly.

My guess is that if they're forced to render landscape the FPS would slow to a crawl.

...much like the pace of further development.

6. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Well, a year ago we knew that it was going to be either Utah (northeastern direction) or New Mexico (eastern direction), so desert was kind of to be expected. If my gut feeling is any good I'd expect them much sooner to work along the east-west line then the north-south direction in order to reach the whole cross country trip availability at some time, as that is what most players would be looking for in ATS eventually. Wouldn't call the development a crawl, the whole rescale added 75% more map within 6 months, and if I'm honest they did a good job on the rescale.

As you, I am curious how quick state development will go from now on, at least the teamsize got up to 40 people now (in stead of 5 at the start), and it seems they are still looking to hire at least double that amount... teams are still devided 50-50 over ATS and ETS, so also curious what else they have in store for ETS...

7. Shilka

Shilka Moderator