1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O Community Gameday November 2017

Discussion in 'Gaming General & Off Topic' started by Duke, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Which day will you be available?

1. Nov 11, 2017

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nov 18, 2017

50.0%
  3. Nov 25, 2017

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Hello all,

It's been ages since our last Band of Others Community Gameday and as you can see, the wait ain't over yet.

With summer upon us and many having families, now is not the best time to plan a Community event as everyone is out enjoying the sun.

This is why we're aiming for November, iRacing is doing nothing that month and everybody is a hobbit saving up for Christmas Presents.

As you can see there is a poll asking which weekend is best for you; you are also afforded 2 votes.

All other details as follows:

What: Band of Others Community Gameday.
    When: Starting 2 PM EST Saturday Nov 2017 (please vote).
    Game: Team Fortress 2 (free to play).

For a terrific idea of the fun we have in one of these events please refer to the following highlight video courtesy of @Cpl. Punishment.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  2. little P

little P Super Mod

I'll be there. I can do any of those dates so voted for the first two :)

3. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

I should be able to make any of these dates as wel.
    Just hope i have enough time to get it downloaded :)

4. Duke

@Quicksilver, you and I will need to get together and figure out the Server :)

5. ElektroVodka

@Wapwap is the TF2 server pro here. The only thing we need to make sure is that he doesn't murder the fun like last year.
    Anyone remember the disabled spraypaints? xD

Noodleguitar and little P like this.
  6. Wapwap

Wapwap Staff Member Admin

No spraypaints for you @ElektroVodka. That's right, just for you.

Voted for the first two. I'll make sure to have the server ready again by then. If it's getting close, we should also have little thought about the gamemodes and maps we want to play.

ElektroVodka likes this.
  7. little P

little P Super Mod

Does anyone have the clip of Duke re: the disabled spraypaints? Still makes me laugh.

I like the push the cart one the best I think, laughed so hard my kidneys nearly fell out of my nose.

8. Duke

November is here and judging by the vote we're either a week away from this fate filled day or two weeks away.

Nov 4th and 11th are in a dead heat, which one works better for you?

9. little P

little P Super Mod

11th is best for me now.

10. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I'll have to download the game but either day works for me. I'm wondering whether or not I should play the game before we play. Having no idea could add to the fun on my end or I could learn it and just drink some wobbly pops during. Looking forward to it!

11. Duke

You don't need to know much to get into this game. Typical WASD, jump and shoot mechanics of all FPS.

Being tipsy just makes it all that much more fun.

Jes_971 and little P like this.
  12. little P

little P Super Mod

I knew almost nothing of the game mechanics when we did our community game day in the video, hence why I was running around healing spies of the other team, and wondering why I was chasing myself around (it was a spy cloaked as me... doh). So playing it before is definitely not a requirement and like you say kind of added to the fun of it for me. Wobbly pops on the other hand should definitely be a requirement ;)

Jes_971 and Duke like this.
  13. ShadniX

ShadniX Casual

11th for me.

14. ElektroVodka

Same here.

15. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

The 11th seems to be a good fit for most people, is this set in stone? I voted for the 18th. I will still be able to make it on the 11th though but I might be a bit late as I have guests here on the 10th/11th.

I think we also miss deb for the 11th. As only a few people have expressed a preference on this thread I am guessing (hoping) that everyone else will turn up and have no problem with it being ANY weekend in November.

16. Duke

I think a good idea at this point is to pencil in the 11th and ask people when you're on TS if they would be ok with later in the Month so more can attend.

In saying that though, the two last weekends in November got the least amount of votes.

Nejtun likes this.
  17. Deb

Deb Moderator

Yeah, I have to be out of town on the 11th and 12th, something I have to do with my family and can't reschedule. I voted for the 25th since it is Thanksgiving weekend and I know I will be either at home or at the lakehouse over the long weekend with all of the family in and out so probably be ready to hide from family by Saturday :p (just kidding, sort of :)).

18. little P

little P Super Mod

I have no problem with it being later in the month, the more the merrier so I'm happy to adjust to get the maximum amount of people together :)

Duke likes this.
  19. Duke

Same here.

20. ShadniX

ShadniX Casual

Any Saturday this month works for me.