B2O Conan Exiles Server now live

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hello exiles,

After a brief hiatus Conan Exiles returns to Band of Others in the form of a 20 Player PVE RPG style format.

You should be able to find the Server via ingame Browser for Band of Others PVE RPG. Sometimes it takes the game a while to actually populate the Server name so Direct Connect may be a faster option as below:

Direct Connect via IP 208.167.251.90:24010

I'm currently still tweaking the Server Config. at this time so please check Teamspeak as restarts over the short term may be required.

As usual some of us will setup a small camp at "Stick Shangri La" (Map location screenshot coming).

This area is a great early game levelling and gearing jump point for all areas Northward.

Custom Server Settings

Host Server:
  1. EnablePurge=False
  2. PVPEnabled=False
Ingame Admin (Server Settings):
  1. Purge disabled (automatically updates Host Server config)
  2. Dawn/Dusk/Day/Night: Default values used with additional time increase of 50%. Near perfect balance for gameplay and streaming. Additionally, dusk gives enough warning to allow for player safety (if required) during night hours.
  3. Player XP Time Multiplier: 1.0 -> 0.1 This is a power leveling exploit that allows all users to passively level without doing anything other than idling in Server.

See you in the Wasteland exiles!

Last edited:

little P

Super Mod
I miss old stick shangri la. We will always have the "let's try and capture the spider boss and kill it" moment though...

I wouldn't mind giving this another go actually, I'll try and join in as and when I can :) Thanks for putting the server up dude

little P

Super Mod
Me and Wappy will be joining the server in a few hours, if anyone wants to join us we'll be in teamspeak :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
A few updates all of which are reflected in the OP:

PVPEnabled should now be False. Hopefully you should no longer receive damage or status effects from other players. Can someone please confirm whether or not this is working as intended?

Also, drastically reduced Player XP Time Multiplier from 1.0 to 0.1. Currently this is a power leveling exploit where one can gain many levels by simply remaining idle in Server.

To offset this change we can test raising XP Multipliers in Kill, Harvesting and Crafting. This will encourage people to actually play the game rather than just sit idle in it.

Currently I've upped XP Multipliers in Kill, Harvesting and Crafting from 1.0 to 1.2.

Please let me know if you like the changes.

Lastly, for those who want 1st person combat, you need to enable it in your Gameplay Settings. I tried it tonight and it works as previously.

Apologies I wasn't around tonight, I'm pretty sick right now and likely won't be around Tuesday night as well.

Last edited:

little P

Super Mod
Yeah I saw that, to be honest I felt some... how can I say this... "tension" with the three of us in there.

I mean, the fact that Wapwap had scrawled on the wall above my head when I was asleep "DER IS ONLY ROOM ENUFF FO WON MAN IN DIS HOWSE" written entirely in his own excrement (some of which had mysteriously found it's way into my boots as I found out when putting them on this morning) was enough to convince me that I needed to move out. So I spent some time getting some materials together and have built myself a humble, modest abode in the camp. Only thing left to do is to decide whether to put a single or double bed in it. I'm not saying anything, but I built it close by, and if Inbreddia (and/or any of your sisters) feel the need to get away from ol' shit stain shakespeare over there then my door is always unlocked... *insert winking here*

And to Wapwap, if the the thatched roof is a rockin', don't come a knockin'

Deb

I am
A few updates all of which are reflected in the OP:

PVPEnabled should now be False. Hopefully you should no longer receive damage or status effects from other players. Can someone please confirm whether or not this is working as intended?

Also, drastically reduced Player XP Time Multiplier from 1.0 to 0.1. Currently this is a power leveling exploit where one can gain many levels by simply remaining idle in Server.

To offset this change we can test raising XP Multipliers in Kill, Harvesting and Crafting. This will encourage people to actually play the game rather than just sit idle in it.

Currently I've upped XP Multipliers in Kill, Harvesting and Crafting from 1.0 to 1.2.

Please let me know if you like the changes.

Lastly, for those who want 1st person combat, you need to enable it in your Gameplay Settings. I tried it tonight and it works as previously.

Apologies I wasn't around tonight, I'm pretty sick right now and likely won't be around Tuesday night as well.
:( I hope you get to feeling better. And thanks for putting this together!!!!!! Ogami, Java and I were playing last night and still looked like we were taking damage, but maybe it hadn't taken effect yet. @Ogami alleges that I pushed him off the cliff into the spider boss cavern, but you know I would never do such a thing. ;)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hmmn that doesn't make any sense.

I'll have to look further into this because I've redundant settings that should have disabled PVP.

Deb

FYI for all, the Testlive server for Conan Exiles is now available on Steam if anyone wants to download it to check out the new mounts. Not sure if I will since it is a big download.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
FYI for all, the Testlive server for Conan Exiles is now available on Steam if anyone wants to download it to check out the new mounts. Not sure if I will since it is a big download.
According to a Tweet by Funcom, we may see mounts ingame as early as this weekend.

"We're currently aiming to release mounts, mounted combat, the Riders of Hyboria Pack, and much more, on Thursday, December 5th. The plan is to release this on all platforms on the same date."

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I believe the latest update, mounts et al., was released a few hours ago.

Unfortunately the Server lists updates as "mods" with no distinction as to what they are.

So, since no one was on, I just either updated or re-installed the last patch.

Either way, please let me know if you're able to connect today, if not I'll try to reapply the update.

Thanks.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17