1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O Conan Exiles Server

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Duke, Feb 21, 2017.

?

Do we rent our own Conan Exiles Server?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Not so much anymore. At the end it was only Nejt and I and since we've been all over the map we've been waiting for new content.

Going through a few of the Dungeon levels would be fun but you really need a decent size group at high levels to get through them. I'm wiling to jump into it though if people are interested, it's still a great game as far as early access goes.

2. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

I uninstalled for now, as I was playing other games and didn't feel like downloading 3 gigs of updates every 2 days for each little tweak they make. Had a lot of fun in it for sure, but I guess I'll be waiting for a while before I jump back in.

3. Duke

So should I get rid of the Server then guys? It really makes no sense for me to keep paying into it if we all agree time is needed for the game to develop further.

4. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Makes sense to me, your call of course

5. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

I say let it go for now as well, I will try to keep an eye on progress as the year goes along.

6. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I would say let it go for now. I really enjoyed the game but would like more content to look forward to.

7. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

Ah bummer :(
    How long is it going to be up for?

Oh and it needs an update :p

8. Duke

I think I missed the cancellation cut off point so I'll probably renew for this month and cancel.

9. Duke

The B2O Conan Exiles Server has been cancelled and as such will go offline as of July 25th.

We'll keep an eye on this title as it develops. If they can add a little more variety and add to the map size it may be worth looking into again.

10. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

Anyone interested in playing this again? I picked it up in the sale and the update looked interesting to me...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...rozen-north-hands-on-bigger-badder-and-colder

So far I'm really liking it :) Have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun trying to figure stuff out. I've decided I'm not going to look at wiki pages, guides or videos. Just going to try and figure stuff out that way I will have some nice surprises in store hopefully!

11. Duke

Servers back online and running our previous config that worked quite nicely.

Nightime is only 5 minutes in length and all new players spawn in the world at 9 AM. Their time of day will sync with the server on the next day cycle meaning no new players will spawn in the dark.

Also players do not remain in the world when offline.

Server is called Band of Others Conan Exiles RPG PVE

12. Cpl. Punishment

Thanks mate :)

Happy to donate if you would like with the server running costs!

13. Cpl. Punishment

Hmm, can't seem to find it.

14. Cpl. Punishment

15. Duke

16. Cpl. Punishment

Thanks man don't stress aboot it, I wish I could help but I'm useless with all that stuff, sorryo_O

17. Duke

Ya sorry P, I'll have to work on it after the stream this afternoon. I really have no idea why it's not working because I connected this morning and it was fine?

The only other thing I can suggest is click the box "Invalid Servers" in the Server Search. I've updated with the mod listed in the control panel but don't know what that did? This was the issue previously as well, the Server CP would list mods but not tell you if they were installed or if they needed to be.

18. Cpl. Punishment

np, I tried every option but it's still not showing up. I'll just play single player for now and maybe update us when it might be working, thanks bud.

19. Duke

It appears to be up now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jes_971 likes this.
  20. Duke

So whatever you do don't run Battleye as apparently it's every bit as shitty as it's always been.

It often leads to continual server disconnects and is a documented issue with CE. I've since disabled it on the Server and have tested it tonight and so far it seems stable.