1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O iRacing 12 Hours of Sebring Team Discussion

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

C& sebring.jpg
    Sebring 12 Hour time again mates :)

Hopefully Ken or Marc will do one of their high quality threads to get us going again.

iRacing are showing the dates currently at March 11-12 and two time slots, I would guess the main one will be a 13:00 GMT launch which will go through to around 2am Sunday. No idea as yet when the second one is as it could start very early Saturday morning to cater for Australian drivers or start on Sunday to help out the US drivers.

I'd like to get the ball rolling just so we can know who is going to drive and what car they want to drive in so we can at least get teams organised as soon as possible, please reply if you plan to drive with your name in iRacing, and your preferred car. Time slots can be added later as soon as we know the official second slot time.

Cars available for this event are:
    • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
    • BMW Z4 GT3
    • Mercedes AMG GT3
    • Audi R8 LMS

I will try to keep this updated with names of drivers so when the main thread goes up the information is to hand.

I would imagine that 2 or 3 drivers per team would be a good idea here so if you are driving with someone already please let us know so it is easier to put people who have no teammate with each other.

Mercedes AMG GT3:
    Jes Coleman
    Ken Lindberg
    Noel Luneburg (3rd choice)
    Sam Roselaar (1st choice)

Audi R8 LMS:
    Marc Gammack (2nd choice0
    Noel Luneburg (2nd choice)

Corvette C7 DP:
    Nejtun Cameron
    Marc Gammack (1st choice)
    Noel Luneburg (1st choice)
    Sam Roselaar (2nd choice)
    Ken Lindberg

The official schedule came out in december for these endurance events and this race only has 4 car slots filled, dunno if iRacing are planning on chucking another car class in but if they should put a third class in such as the Porsche then I shall update the list.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

There is no reason to ever wait on Ken, Noël or I to make these posts. If you have any questions, just copy them from previous "B2O iRacing [event] Team Discussion" posts. The only thing I'd edit is the overzelous "COrvette" and then just try to be consistent in naming threads alike.

I think I worked it out with work where I can get up at 1am, work 2-7am, and then just take a 7 hour hit on the day. Shouldn't be too bad. That does mean, fwiw, that I probably won't be around to register a team and while I should be, I wouldn't count on me being there for the first stint either. Other than that, I should be good to go.

I would be down for the C7 or the Audi. Not interested in trying to drive around Sebring with a mountain on the hood. Better the Audi where the hood just falls off, or the C7 where everything gets repaired... eventually...

3. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

The big "O" is just because the Corvette does not know 'subtle', and also I don't seem to have an edit button for my original post.... am I just being blind?

Kinger and Zac_Sonic like this.
  4. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

It disappears after some time.

I would be up for a spot in the C7 or in an Audi/Mercedes as my second choice. I'm just going to assume the pits stops are working fine now :). The C7 was a lot of fun to drive around there.

Ideally I'd prefer a 2-man team. I feel 6 hours driving minimum is worth the practice etc. for such an event.

Getting everyone into the same split will probably be impossible but we'll have to see about that later.

Nejtun likes this.
  5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I'd be up for either the C7 or the Merc.

As for the Edit Button disappearing, that is by design unless you are a Staff Member.

Another Website I own had a lot of discussions appear broken because one disgruntled Member returned after a long absence and deleted all his posts.

Nejtun likes this.
  6. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

No biggie ;) If one of you guys can keep an eye on people nominating cars and just edit the OP as needed, thanks :)

7. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

YES, i am not too late this time. thanks to nejtun ;)

i'd love to drive a merc (first pick) or C7 (second pick)
    i'm fine with me filling in on whatever team needs it

preferably 2 man team. (3 fine aswell)
    my irating is now 2k and i'll try to raise it to 2,5k

if iracing adds porche i will 110% sure drive that. solo if i have to xD

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Zac_Sonic likes this.
  8. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Put me down for the Merc and preferably a two man team.

Nejtun likes this.
  9. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Currently, the weather showing for this race is afternoon and will more than likely be default, for whatever car you have chosen it is never too early to start turning laps whenever you get a bit of spare time. Don't leave it until the last minute!

No need to wait for a set up to turn up here either, iRacing medium downforce default is a good place to start, as soon as somebody comes up with something fast and/or stable then feel free to post it and everyone can try it out.

Below are some benchmark times so you have some idea where you should be, I will put the World record times and my times in the race so if you can get in between the two you are good to go (unknown weather)

if you are slower than my times then you need to go faster lol :D

C7 Daytona Prototype: WR 1:51.8 Me 1:55.6
    Audi R8 LMS : WR 1:58.3 Me 2:00.8
    Mercedes AMG GT3 WR 158:0 Me -:--

Forget the BMW , you will get owned.

10. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

i kinda wanna know who my teammate is and what car we're driving before i start driving seriously :p

but whenever i have some spare time i'll be sure to beat your time :p

Nejtun likes this.
  11. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I'm your Huckleberry.

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  12. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

next topic: what car are we driving :p

i'm still gonna need noël to make us a neat race plan like he always does <3

btw i'm reeling in likes like never before. maybe soon i won't be a "casual" anymore xD

13. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I only own the Merc. :)

14. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

yeah same, i'm wondering if the DP really is that fun to drive on this track. i wouldn't really mind buying it. but the merc is fine :)

when are we going to be practicing with the team? can anyone give me the hours on when practice pals is?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  15. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Hey Sam and Jes if you want to drive the Merc over the DP that is not going to be a problem, the teams are going to be small and I think there are going ot be many more people putting their names down for this even if Daytona was anything to go by.

The week before sebring week, both IMSA and GT3 are at Sebring for the official series, (same thing happened at Daytona) and we made the most of that week with using it for practice pals and I think almost all of us did an IMSA race together at one point.

Other than that there will be a load of hosted sessions up in the next few weeks I should imagine so take advantage of those when you can.

16. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

so there won't be any team sessions before that last week? ;(

so Jes if we're gonna team, wanna practice together sometime?

17. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

There might be Sam, but for two weeks leading up to it there will DEFINITELY be team sessions :D,
    I am sure we can organise ourselves for something before that

18. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

i don't have 50 cents to host a session though :p
    i'm a broke ass dutchman, i spent all my money on stroopwafles and pancakes xD

jk i'm sure we'll figure it out :)

Noodleguitar likes this.
  19. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

For the C7:

I have done a few laps now with the correct weather, if you are going to solo tet then for consistency I was using all default weather with 20% track usage.

Don't forget you have control over the front and rear ARBs and brake bias and traction control from inside the car, I have set the power steering down to the least support (1) so if it is too much for you then turn down your force feedback.

Turning the power steering down and cranking up your forcefeedback just makes the wheel feel heavy and dead. I personally like the power steering up high (3) but having it set with minimum support and adjust my forcefeedback so I can turn the wheel with my weedy arms is a far better compromise!

the car has ok mechanical grip and decent aero but that doesnt mean it cant be improved, please share if you come up with something that works over a long run and doesn't shred the tyres.

Attached Files:

20. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

So far driver wise we have:

Mercedes AMG GT3:
    Jes Coleman
    Ken Lindburg
    Noel Luneburg (3rd choice)
    Sam Roselaar (1st choice)

Audi R8 LMS:
    Marc Gammack (2nd choice0
    Noel Luneburg (2nd choice)