1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O iRacing 24 Hours of Le Mans 2017

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, May 6, 2017.

1. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Le-Mans-Banner.png

Here we go gang!

Time for our 4th endurance race of the year and the 3rd at 24 hours!

June 10th and 11th is the date so make sure you have the weekend off ;)

Hopefully as many people can make this as possible and make this as great and event as Daytona, Sebring and Nurburgring was for all of us.

Quick run down of this event:
    Turns: 33
    Length: 13.629 km / 8.469 miles
    Pit Speed Limit: 60 kph / 37 mph -- (Pitlane: 511 meters / 1676 feet - Drive Through: 31 seconds)
    Starts: Rolling
    Time of Day: Late Afternoon
    Weather: Default (Temperature: 78┬░ F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)
    Field size: 60 Cars
    Race length: 24 Hours (1440 min.)
    Le_Mans_Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.png

Four car choices for this one so please let me know below as soon as you can which you want to drive as it would be nice to have teams fully sorted out 2 weeks beforehand (still 4 weeks to go)

HPD ARX-01c
    HPD.jpg

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
    aston.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1
    vette.jpg

Ford GT
    Ford GT.jpg

All of these cars are great to drive, but all are going to need practice to keep the car on track for 12 lap (or so) stints. I am sure we can get a few different cars in the same stint but I will leave that to someone with brains to work out.

As for being in top split, the Ford is the easiest to get in followed by GT1. The HPD will be VERY popular as it is the fastest car so expect there to be one or two (or ten) HPD only splits!

***********************************IMPORTANT NOTE**********************************
    On the day of the race ONLY the nominated driver needs to sign up for the race to get in the split that they want to be in. NOBODY else needs to sign up before 13:00 GMT , you will not miss the race. you have 30 minutes of warm-up to get signed up and right up until it is your turn to drive. The person who has signed up will tell everyone else over teamspeak when the splits are finalised and sign-up is available!

To sign up when the time is right you need only click "team sessions" and click on the team you are on ( with the correct race start time next to it if someone has been using the team in a practice session before hand ) , just not before you are told it is good to do so (after 13:00 GMT)
    *******************************************************************************************
    Please everyone take time to read this post by Marc as it answers a lot of questions that are likely to come up and outlines some important points for endurance

Endurance tips
    http://bandofothersgaming.com/forum...ing-programs-and-information.3088/#post-35221

Driver List:
    • HPD ARX-01c
    Paint FIle​
    • Marc Gammack Available whole event
      Luke Harris Available whole event
      Nejtun Cameron Available whole event
    • Matt Holmes Start until 9am GMT Sunday
    • Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
    Paint FIle​
    • Ken Lindburg Start of race until 06:00 GMT Sunday . Minimum 2 stints max 6 stints
      Deb Bennett 4-6 hours driving, preferably single stints
      Jes Coleman Start - 01:00 GMT and 05:00 GMT - event end. Single stints
      John Navara Undecided
      Bedo Magardichian 3-4 hours time of day TBA
      Reid Westphal 2 hours morning or afternoon
    • Philip Wyatt Times TBA
    • Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1
    Paint FIle​
    • Drivers TBA
    • Ford GT
    Paint FIle​

• Noel Luneburg 13:00 - 00:00 GMT Sunday: 08:00 - 13:00 GMT (preferred times)
      Pancake Morrow 23:00 GMT - 11:00 GMT
      Sam Roselaar Start until Midnight GMT and 08:00 GMT until finish.

Stint and Fuel information to follow.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 7:19 AM
  2. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

yes! it's happening! i was looking forward to the next endurance event for so long
    i'm running this 100% :)
    first choice Corvette
    2nd aston martin
    3d ford

Nejtun likes this.
  3. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I would be interested in joining in if you guys would have me. I thought about FlightSimCon that weekend but it's too close to my daughter's graduation the week before so I opted out of getting plane and hotel tickets.

I did some driving last night at LeMans in the HPD. There were some very competitive racers in the hosted session. I was about 20 second behind the fastest HPD. First time on the track and fairly newbie to the iRacing scene.

Aston Martin - 1st
    Corvette - 2nd
    Ford - 3rd

John

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Nejtun likes this.
  4. Kinger

Kinger Casual

Stupid family vacation........won't be able to participate in yet another one of these.

5. Deb

Deb Moderator

I think I'm in, preference for Aston, second choice Ford. I believe Bedo and Reid both want to drive as well and possibly Ed. Have a great set from Wyatt in the Aston and will be doing a session with him this week! The set is in the Teamspeak folder if anyone wants to give it a try.

Nejtun likes this.
  6. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

GT1 first pick (nonplussed either way), GT2 second.

Nejtun likes this.
  7. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Aston :)

Nejtun likes this.
  8. John Navara

John Navara Casual

You need to share the paints. I want to get some laps in at LeMans and will definitely wear the team colors on my car.

John

9. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Room for every B2O Driver that wants in on this one John :D

You will need to choose the car you are happy with, If you want to drive the HPD then that's cool but bear in mind 20 seconds back will have you tripping over the fast Fords and the slower GT1 cars! saying that though there are 5 weeks to get right up to pace if that's what you want to be in

10. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

we have a paint for the Aston ( without names on I think?) and one for the Ford probably. Haven't seen the red and black team paint for the Corvette or HPD before unless someone can point me in the right direction please :)

I will add them to the OP.

11. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I am not saying I favor the HPD, just that there were more HPD's than anything last night. I think there was 1 Ford and a couple of Corvettes and AM's.

John

12. Zac_Sonic

Also guys, as soon as you can, please post your availibility or, if you'll be there for the full event, preferred drive times so that once we have a solid count, we can start scheduling teams. I would recommend teams of 3-4 drivers at max, per car.

I will be availibile for the full event!

Also, thanks Nejtun for getting this going! ;)

13. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

available full event, prefered times any BUT (2 AM - 10 AM) amsterdam time (GMT+2)

14. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Aston
    Available 7am-10pm est, 4am-10am est next day.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  15. Zac_Sonic

I feel like you're over emphasizing your availability... its almost as if you are compensating because someone misread it the last time....:rolleyes:

Jes_971, Noodleguitar and Nejtun like this.
  16. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Got you Jes , though I have the feeling you mean 7pm eastern? as 7 am is 2 and a half hours before teh event starts :p , let me know if it is wrong :)

Also if you guys can be kind enough to put GMT or EST in your availability slot it stops my head exploding trying to work out numbers as I have enough trouble counting to ten as it is ! ;)

17. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

you got my times wrong, i prefer any time BUT midnight to 8 am GMT

key word there ;)

18. Deb

Deb Moderator

I think I would prefer to be on a larger team, like 5 - 6 drivers, driving 6- 8 hours may be difficult for me that weekend, but we probably have other drivers in the same situation.

19. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Sam Roselaar fixed your times ;)

@Deb don't worry, please get everyone that you have asked to drive signed up asap and we can fix teams to suit everyone :)

20. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I agree with Deb as well. A larger group for me as well.

My daughter has a softball tournament during the day Saturday, but I would be available after 6:00pm CDT (0000z) and anytime Sunday.

John