B2O iRacing 24 Hours of Le Mans 2017

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
We'll see how it pans out, @Deb, but we're not forcing every driver to do the same amount of driving. Minimum drive time for this event will be around 2 hours. If there are two other drivers on a team that want to do 7-8 hours, than the remaining 8 hours can be divided between two other people however they want. A 5-6 man team limits each driver to an average 4 hours, and some people have been dissapointed in the time they were able to drive. Its easier to start teams with people who want to drive a lot, and then flesh out the teams with drivers who prefer fewer stints!

Nejtun

@John Navara I do not actually have any of the B2O team paints for any of those cars. (we are using the red and black livery this year) I believe @Duke should have the Aston without names on it which I will ask him to attach to the front post under the car and team bane section.
I do not believe there is one yet for the HPD, Ford or Corvette! but as soon as they are available the front page will be updated :)

Deb

We'll see how it pans out, @Deb, but we're not forcing every driver to do the same amount of driving. Minimum drive time for this event will be around 2 hours. If there are two other drivers on a team that want to do 7-8 hours, than the remaining 8 hours can be divided between two other people however they want. A 5-6 man team limits each driver to an average 4 hours, and some people have been dissapointed in the time they were able to drive. Its easier to start teams with people who want to drive a lot, and then flesh out the teams with drivers who prefer fewer stints!
Okay, cool!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
There is no HPD skin currently so if there's interest in driving it I'll need as much lead time to make it as possible.

There is also no Corvette Livery for Endurance at this time so as above, I'll need the most notice possible to put one together. Neither car has been done at this time given lack of interest in driving them historically.

Aston and Fraud both have Endurance Liveries that I'll dig up and link to shortly.

EDIT: Actually, the fraud is on Trading Paints which is where I'll upload the Aston to soon.

Nejtun

Aston and Fraud both have Endurance Liveries that I'll dig up and link to shortly.

EDIT: Actually, the fraud is on Trading Paints which is where I'll upload the Aston to soon.
Thanks Ken, I think the Ford is the GT3 version on trading paints? the rear spoiler and mirrors are different, even though it doesn't look bad (bit moved to the side) you cannot directly add it from trading paints to your car as it will only apply it to your GT3 version.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Thanks Ken, I think the Ford is the GT3 version on trading paints? the rear spoiler and mirrors are different, even though it doesn't look bad (bit moved to the side) you cannot directly add it from trading paints to your car as it will only apply it to your GT3 version.
I'll edit it as we near the event.

For now I just need an idea of what more is left to do so I can tackle all at the same time.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@Duke

GT classes are open tyre, but Michelin is by far the most popular/successful. There is an "AM" Aston Martin team that runs Dunlop instead, but I'm pretty sure the iRacing GT1 cars have pre-branded tyres anyways. IRL, they have the Michelin text logo on the front bumber, in front if the wheels, and the Michelin Man on the rear-quarter or rear bumper. Whichever puts it on the side behind the rear wheels (Except Corvette, who have the Michelin man up front and only have the text logo behind the front wheel).

GT1's need a green "PRO" sticker above the number on each side, and on the right side of the rear bumper and the LEFT* side of the hood, usually towards the top.

GT2's need the same logos, but orange and "AM".

A blue "24H LeMans [date underneath in French] DD-DD JUIN 20YY" needs to be added to the top of the number plates.

WEC log needs to be added to the bottom of number plates. (USUALLY, but not ALWAYS on the hood!)

Aston Martin uses Gulf OR Total oil products. PRO team is sponsored by Gulf, but Total is kind of a B2O theme. Either way, just let me know which way you go.

Corvette uses Mobil 1 oil products.

Ford uses Castrol oil products.

Logos for the above can go anywhere on the front/rear bumper, usually between the Michelin logo's, but sometimes below them.

I think iRacing takes care of some of these logos, but I'm not sure which.

Last edited:
I don't mean to create any more work for anyone in regards to the B2O paints. I just like having them whenever I'm racing.

John

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
i just saw this and i tought it was interesting because no other event has this
https://gyazo.com/c11aea26e4e3378eb04ee7ea84063bd2

(ALL CARS SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

maybe we are getting a porsche in there, or a last minute ferrari surprise :)
This will be a "Week 13 Event", just like Sebring, and while I don't expect a big change to the tyre or physics model (not in the middle of a Pro season), there is no doubt we could see an additional car(s). That would be a clusterfuck...

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Do we start putting up Testing Sessions this week for the event?

This is a perfect week to do it given Blancpain visits Motegi this week.

Brainling

Hardcore
Aston as my first choice, Ford GT as my second. Larger group is better for me as I have to be a parent at various times during our 24 hour events.

e: On the really, really off chance the Porsche gets added, or the 488 GTE is released and added, either of those would become my 1st choice...but that seems long-shotty.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'm not sure if I added my preference as far as commitment goes but it's the same for every single event.

Since I Live Stream the entirety of the event my Team runs, I'm up for the start, present most of the race and up for the end.

...however I'm rarely lucid for the end of the event, in fact, midnight or more preferable, 11 PM PST is when I want to be out of the car for good.

I can commit to 3 or 4 stints for the event however I'm always willing to give a stint away if someone feels they want more seat time.

I will not drive any less than 2 stints and no more than 6 at the absolute most.

In a perfect world I'd have 2 early stints and 2 evening stints.

Nejtun

Do we start putting up Testing Sessions this week for the event?

This is a perfect week to do it given Blancpain visits Motegi this week.
I'm easy on this, I am not sure everyone has motegi but it is still a fun track and its at night :D, always up for some extra practice stints at Le Mans sooner rather than later though.

If you do go with this then don't forget the race is later afternoon, acording to Robin Estertsons post on the forums

Noodleguitar

I've tested the Ford yesterday. I'm not a fan of the looks or sound but with a baseline adjusted for straightline speed it was pretty straightforward to drive. And it does 300 km/h on the straight :O

Count me in with equal preference for both the Aston / Ford. I think I like the Aston slightly better to drive but it might be easier to get into top split with the Ford.

HPD could be fun too but after what we saw at Nürburgring in split 3 I'm a big frightened to go for the most popular class.

Edit: preferred drive times:
Saturday: 13:00 - 00:00 GMT
Sunday: 08:00 - 13:00 GMT
Can be available outside of these times as well if necessary.

I'll have 29 stints minimum, thanks :p. Kidding, but as you probably know I like the long driving times, triple stints shouldn't be a problem at Le Mans.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics