1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O iRacing 24 Hours of Spa - July 22, 2017

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Brainling, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I'll host a session this Wednesday night at 8 PM EST for Practice.

SavreticD likes this.
  2. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Glad you like it.I tried on Spa but it was colder and I was really fast but most important I felt great in car.I will give you his source set because I did change few things for Spa and for me.Not much but I did.That set become baseline for me,Im just changing some things per tracks and I did won VLN with that but second race,not first.
    If you tried on Suzuka I hope you did reduce ride hides because practice was 60L and set is 120L.
    Here is his set untouched if you want,maybe you will like it like I do.

Attached Files:

3. Duke

I haven't tried the set yet but will do so Wednesday after turning some laps and getting acclimated to the track on a modified baseline set I typically use.

I haven't been in the Merc for several weeks now and feel I need some basis for comparison if I'm to speak somewhat intelligently on what I need the car to do with the current setup.

4. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

OK I will try in 24H weather and let you know,in colder it was great but who knows in default,will see but im sure we will need to change just thing or two and good to go

5. Brainling

Brainling Core

Started my job Monday, so I've been busy, but I'm back and practicing. Trying to cram as much practice in as possible. Have we decided we're running the Merc?

6. Duke

The Merc certainly makes the most sense from a survivability standpoint.

7. Brainling

Brainling Core

Makes sense to me. Merc practice it is.

8. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

I dont even know how to drive Mclaren :)

9. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I'm a bit busy this week so I'll be doing most practice next week. If you have a lap time and fuel usage let me know, then I can make a fuel chart. Last year's one is still up for the Mercedes which might be close.

10. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

We will let you know about fuel usage and laptimes in this weather.I tried just in cold and that is not valid for us.Tnx for chart etc.
    Also wanted to ask,I will race in 3 days in 2.4h Spa,I said team is BandOfOthers,you did give me admin rights didnt you?I can sign up with our team?

11. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I'm not sure for next weekend yet. My son has basketball in Minneapolis but my wife might be taking him. I'm doing the South Dakota tournament this weekend.

1st choice: Merc
    2nd choice: McLaren

John

12. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Guys tomorrow I want to sign up with B2O endurance team for 2.4H Spa,is that ok?Does anybody want that?I know 3 of us form B2O are racing so just for you to know that I would like to do that if its ok with you 2(Jes and John)?

13. John Navara

John Navara Casual

I am unable to do it now. I signed up as my own team originally as I have no access to B2O team permissions. I might get online for practice but have to leave in the morning before the race starts.

John

14. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Im sorry to hear you will not be there,Ok tnx,I will sign up then with our team.
    Deb....new info about wheel?? :(

15. Deb

Deb Moderator

Very frustrating, I lost all the FFB and the wheel just kept spinning :( I rebooted and tested it and it seems to be fine. Not sure what happened. There was a Windows update so maybe that had something to do with it. I'll see if I need to update my drivers when I get on later today. If it happens again, I'll order a new one. Maybe time to upgrade to DD :)

Kinger, Skid_Marc_ and SavreticD like this.
  16. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Well P2 for me :) First was Marceno,pro driver so no way to be P1 but im happy.
    Also forget harder springs on the rear,its was so hard to drive after some time in race.Its ok on the start but after no way.Or more wing but I think we should be around 4.
    Double stinting tires I think I cant,its very hard.Guy in front tried,after pits he was 20 seconds front of me and I catche him on half of the stint so...
    Weather was same as it will be in 24h race

Ok Deb if its working now maybe it was just...you know...something :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Skid_Marc_ and Noodleguitar like this.
  17. Deb

Deb Moderator

I uninstalled and reinstalled my thrustmaster drivers this afternoon and it seems to be working fine. Who knows :confused:

Congrats on the podium finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I went and saw Baby Driver earlier today. Some great car chase scenes!!!!!! Worth the time :)

SavreticD and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  18. Bedo

Bedo Casual

I did a full fuel run yesterday with the veinlaiden setup and toward the end, the extra rake makes it kind of squirmy. Taking the rake down to 10-12 mm massively improves the situation, but the setup understeers.

However, taking down the wing from 3 to 2 with a higher diff preload cures the understeer. Just not sure if you guys are willing to drive a low wing.

19. Deb

Deb Moderator

I did a run yesterday with the last setup you sent me Saturday and was able to knock off 2 secs. Not sure if that was wing at 2 or 3. Also, getting the line better thanks to Dennis's instructions, so that helped too!

SavreticD likes this.
  20. John Navara

John Navara Casual

#practicepals at Spa tonight?

John