1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O iRacing 24H of Nürburgring Team Discussion

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Sam Roselaar, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

It's time for yet another 24h of racing :)

Maybe someone will make a higher quality thread if desired, i'm just here to get things started. I'm not usually the one to start a thread so feel free to take over xD

As of now iRacing is hosting just 1 timeslot on April 22nd, Saturday 13:00 GMT / 9AM EDT.
    4 different classes, consisting of just 1 car each, will be participating in the race:

-FUEL STINT SCHEDULE

Please check the times to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Note that the "Pit-in Time" is the time you're stint in the car STARTS!! Please be in TS at least half an hour to an hour before the start of your stint, in case anything changes!
    Includes tabs for:
    • B2O Endurance - Driver/Fuel Schedule for team 1
    • B2O Endurance 2 - Driver/Fuel Schedule for team 2
    • Race Highlights - Space to keep track of your highlights throughout the race! Please feel free to use the crap out of this!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Audi R8 LMS

-Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (replacing the 2016 RUF C-Spec)

Team Name: Band of Others Endurance

1st team:

Noël Luneburg (Full Event)
    Sam Roselaar (Full Event)
    Zac_Sonic (Full Event)
    Angelo "incndry" (Wheel??????????????)

Livery Downloads:

B2O-Endurance-Nurb-2017-PS-Rear.jpg B2O-Endurance-Nurb-2017-PS-Front.jpg B2O-Endurance-Nurb-2017-DS-Front.jpg

Team Name: Band of Others Endurance 2

2nd team:

Matt Holmes (11a-3p EST, 7p-end EST)
    Debra Bennett (Not first, Single Stints, no 11pm-7am EST if possible)
    Ken Lindberg (Full Event)
    Bedo (8a-10a EST, 10p-End, prefer double stints)
    Jes Colman (8a-10a EST, 4p-8p EST)
    Theo

-Kia Optima

-Global Mazda MX-5 Cup

note that there's no Merc ;(

General / session information:
    Starts: Rolling
    Time of Day: Morning
    Weather: Default (Temperature: 78° F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)
    Field size: 60 cars
    Race length: 24 Hours (1440 min.)
    Warm-Up: 30 minutes
    Qualifying: Solo (the week before the event)

License Requirements: D 4.0 and above
    Incident Limit: None
    iRating in effect: No
    Safety Rating in effect: Yes (individual rating)
    Fast Repairs: None

Splits Info:
    Splits will be set by iRating. So especially since the vast majority of people will be driving the Porsche we're going to need at least 1 high iRating "team leader" for each team to carry us out of the Porsche only bottom splits.

I assume teams will be 3-6 big depending on how many people will drive this. So lets do what we usually do: prepare for 24H of fun :)

Some of us, including me, may already have several hours of practice done because of VLN. I just wanted to know if anyone else is driving the Porsche seeing as how to my knowledge B2O usually drives GT3 (i may be wrong :p) so Ken adviced me to make a thread myself.

So, back to the point, who wants to drive this and with what car?

I will keep this thread updated if necessary. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
    Duke, Noodleguitar and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  2. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

For absolutely sure driving the Porsche.

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  3. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'd love to drive the Porsche as well. I could also be talked in to driving the Audi if the Porsche fills up, but it would be my second choice.

4. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

hopefully i'm getting the names right :p

already we have at least 1 Porsche team so that's great! hopefully we'll have many more entries :)

5. Brainling

Brainling Core

Just change it to Matt Holmes. I hate that my iRacing name is like my full legal name....but it was better than Matthew Holmes2, which is what it was originally.

6. Deb

Deb Moderator

I would like to drive the Porsche as well. I can see if any of the folks on the Fusion team want to drive with B2O, I don't know if we will have enough for 24HR.

7. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

@Brainling i think you can get it changed for free if you just email iRacing support that's what i did when i had my mother's name because it was her credit card i bought the game with xD

also a message to people who are unfamiliar with either the porsche or the nürburgring. i highly recommend starting early with practicing since both are ridiculously difficult to master. way more difficult than GT3.
    according to VRS i have about 100 hours of driving time on the ring (in comparison to my 60 hours for sebring even though i started early) and i still think i can improve alot, in speed but also in safe/consistent driving.

i don't think starting 1 week before will do the trick, just my opinion pls don't bully me :p

Jes_971 likes this.
  8. Deb

Deb Moderator

Also, Rens Broekman has a great video in the Porsche on the Industry config for VRS. You can see how early the braking/turn-in points are. He said they should have one up for the 24HR config in the next day or two.

Jes_971 and Brainling like this.
  9. Brainling

Brainling Core

I just paid for a year of VRS. Such a great service. I used their "Learn the track" tool, which syncs up a video of the driver running the track with input telemetry, including speed, wheel angle, brake, gas, etc. Just watching Ren's do Road America one time helped me cut 1.5s off my time and is what allowed me to be somewhat competitive in the league race Friday. I held the lead draft way, way longer than I expected, or would have been able to before that work with VRS. That tool alone is wroth the price of entry for me. I'm going to try and start using some more of the advanced analysis tools to help structure my practice a little more instead of just blindly running laps, hoping for time.

Kinger and Noodleguitar like this.
  10. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Count me in for the Porsche (ideally a team with a smallish number of drivers, so far it looks like 2 Porsche teams might be possible).

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  11. Brainling

Brainling Core

The Porsche class is going to be hilariously packed this year. I bet some lower splits end up 100% Porsche, or damn near.

Also going to be interesting to see how the Audi and Porsche compete. The Audi can out brake and out turn the Porsche, but the Porsche has a 10mph advantage on the back straight. I'm sure fast Audi drivers will drive away, but some of the slow Audi drivers are going to end up stuck in the middle of a Porsche pack.

12. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I'm still wavering on whether or not I can do this because my track knowledge of the last section is nil.

I'm actually thinking about hosting a session tonight and running it instead of GT3 @ Okayama (been there, done that).

13. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

This was somewhat the same last year, the Ruf was faster than GT3s on the straights (even the Kia is I think). I didn't have a lot of problems with Audis being in the way just because they have so much more downforce through the twisty bits.

14. Duke

Is anyone interested in running an Open Practice here tonight if I host a 4 hour session?

If possible I'd like to drive the Porsche and be available as a backup Driver if anyone needs one.

15. Brainling

Brainling Core

Yes. I was probably going to practice the Porsche at Nord's tonight anyway.

16. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

i'd love to practice the porsche tonight.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3529006.page
    yeah the porsche is pretty much favoured but not by an extreme amount compared to the audi. too bad only the top splits will have kia/mazda's.

from my VLN experience i find that the biggest problem is letting GT3's pass without losing too much time yourself. ( because their pace is fairly the same) i still usually let them by easy because of GT3 tends to be over aggresive :p
    gt3 being slower than porsche is (at least in top split) not much of a problem.

@Noodleguitar we could try a 2-man 24 hour if you'd want :p
    i drive top split vln so i'm definitly a way better porsche driver than compared to my gt3 skills.

@Duke and by "last section" you mean the entire nordschleife right? :)
    3 weeks is a lot of time to practice so we'd love to drive it with you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  17. Duke

I guess :oops:

I'm comfortable around the first 75% or so but the last bit I still don't have committed to memory which is my problem.

I've never driven this track in any game prior to iRacing and my exposure in iRacing has been limited. It'll take some time for me to remember the entire track and much more to figure out the lines I should take.

18. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

yeah the track is definitly difficult to learn. but the minute i learned the track myself i fell in love with it. i'd recommend to master this track before any other. i've had more fun and learnt more on this track than any other.

i might be praising this track a little too much but it's really how i feel about it :)

it's a good thing that a big part of the last 25% is the straight. easy to learn :p

19. Brainling

Brainling Core

Have to learn the GP course as part of this as well though, as it's Nords Combined for the 24h.

20. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

so is vln except without the little 500m sweeping u turn.
    so that's the only part i don't know