1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O League Fridays - Week 13 Ideas

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Kenadian, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

As you all know, Week 13 is typically a week where there is no B2O League event.

To date a few have voiced ideas to potentially run an "Unofficial" Week 13 event with League Drivers.

With that in mind do you have any ideas of what you'd like to run, where and why?

Please share your ideas.

As always popular opinion will dictate what we do.

Thanks.

2. Kinger

Kinger Core

Street stocks at Jefferson Reverse?

ShadniX and Kenadian like this.
  3. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

4. Brainling

Brainling Core

McLaren MP4-30 or Dallara DW12 at Lime Rock.

5. Deb

Deb Moderator

Demo Derby . . . hammered :p

Sam Roselaar, Kinger and Kenadian like this.
  6. Jerad

Jerad Hardcore

Dirt Ovals!

7. Kenadian

There are certainly some good ideas here but the best bet is likely something we can do with free content that we all have as iRacing Members.

What I'd like to see is if we could actually race a track in reverse like we do at the end of our Main Race.

Does anyone know if I setup a session for 5 minutes official something and left the rest blank if the session would allow for 55 minutes of shenanigans?

Something like Lime Rock reverse in Caddy's would be pretty fun.

8. Kinger

Kinger Core

Speaking to Deb's excellent demo derby idea, a league I used to run in did this after every race much like we do the reverse lap at the end of ours. It was quite fun and usually we went until time expired in the session or all the cars could no longer move.

9. Brainling

Brainling Core

Okay, the free comment is fair.

How about Circa 2011 Indy Cars at Lime Rock. Over-fast open wheelers at Lime Rock would lead to a demo derby I'm sure.

Deb and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  10. Deb

Deb Moderator

Unfortunately, I'll miss the race night on week 13 because I have to go to a wedding in Knoxville :( But one night we were messing around and there was this a hosted session on a small dirt oval and driving around people would try to take you out and you had to figure how to avoid them. It was a blast!!!!!!! Not sure how they set up the race. Drivers would come out of the low areas around the track and try to take you out. Once you got in a higher position, the lower position drivers would come after you. Somehow, I got 5th and Bedo got 3rd, it was absolutely hilarious, so fun :D:D:D

11. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

all these ideas seem fun, can i join even though i'm not in league?

12. Kenadian

Technically it won't be a League event so you won't need to be a League Member to participate.

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  13. afroducks

afroducks Casual

gte figure 8

Deb likes this.
  14. Deb

Deb Moderator

Great suggestion!!!! After I recovered from Team Fortress, I went out and did some PS and Races on the Irwindale Figure 8 in the GTE cars. What a blast!!!!!!! Laughing the whole time. You have to watch everywhere. There were some drivers there just to crash out other drivers, but it was really fun,

15. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

Our event is friday night right? I cant race wednesday.

(Friday evening for US)

16. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

So what we decided?I mean nobody says we cant do 2 races with 2 cars,freedom is awesome :) .)

17. John Navara

John Navara Core

There is a fun series scheduled for week #13 tomorrow after the 488 GTE car and a new track is released. Look at the main iRacing page for details.

John