B2O Paint Schemes for iRacing

Noodleguitar

Re: Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes

Sounds cool, I'll have one of those please :)

I'm not quite sure how the team paints work. The release notes say you're supposed to name them team_[teamID].tga but how do you get that paint onto trading paints for others to see? I believe TP only has 1 slot for each car paint to use as the active one.

Name: Noël Lüneburg
Nickname: Noodleguitar
Flag: dutch_flag.png
Ideally it would have a Gibson guitar on top of it, if possible: gibson_robot_rotated_alpha.png or gibson_robot_tilted_alpha.png, not sure which looks best.
Character: OoT_windmill_guy.pngWindmill guy from Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The guitars should not have any background, if they do it's because of uploading and I can send you them without background.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Team paints I think we have to wait until Trading Paints introduces the feature. We can set it up for ourselves, as iRacing enabled the team paints, but trading paints does not have the feature just yet. I read on their twitter they estimate this week, so I will keep a lookout.
I'll mess with the team paint to be based off this one but to include something for all of us. In the meantime this is for our practice sessions / individual races.
I'll post your individual B2O paint here shortly.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

Daunt can you do me a favor and post my paint first so I can get a look at it ingame? I love what you've done but I just want to take a look at it before accepting it as a Team wide paint scheme.

I've been thinking about this for a while now because we'll need to add in Practice Pals very shortly to all skins and how to get involved.

I'll update the Practice Pals stuff in your post in the Staff Forum as it's a program so as to give you a bit more clarity behind this decision.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

Ok here's a base version, with your own info-
Well I don't want to lie to you but I really don't like this paint at all, I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

Great job man :friends:

Daunt

MLG Pro

Glad you love it. Hopefully we can get the GT3 car paints settled and then move to some glorious paints for the cadillac and other series.

OK Noel, since I got the green light from the boss, here's yours. I made a slight change to your guitar... so it goes better with the car and not stick out like a sore thumb... but it still is a good ol' Les Paul.

View attachment NoelMclaren.tga.zip

Seems like we'll also have a practice pals logo added somewhere at sometime in the near future but for now this is good... we will look like a professional team!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

If possible Kyle, I'd like you to consider a spot on these vehicles for our Club Name/Country. Currently I have a Canadian Flag on the rear bumper of my cars and I'd love to incorporate it somewhere as well.

...preferably on the rear bumper somewhere so drivers behind you can see it clearly.

There are two reasons for having it, one just to show our Country but also so Drivers behind can see and perhaps adjust their driving accordingly (due to netcode).

As an example, I'll drive really close to you Kyle but tend to give Noel a bit more room, don't even get me started on what I have to do for Australians.

Daunt

MLG Pro

As an example, I'll drive really close to you Kyle but tend to give Noel a bit more room, don't even get me started on what I have to do for Australians.
Run them off the road because they're on the wrong side of the road?

I think that is a pretty good idea, it's too bad that isn't a universal thing. I will play with a good spot for it without messing too much with the existing logo and whatnot on the back already so I don't have to downsize it too much.

If you don't mind I think before making the update of adding a rear flag, I'd prefer to wait for our decision on a practice pals logo / whatever we figure out for that and add them together as a finalized paint. For now we should be ok to use this.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

Yup no worries about waiting, I just wanted to give you a heads up that we should consider adding it.

I also agree that it should be mandatory on all skins because it is really good information to have there, just like the license class color is.

Noodleguitar

OK Noel, since I got the green light from the boss, here's yours. I made a slight change to your guitar... so it goes better with the car and not stick out like a sore thumb... but it still is a good ol' Les Paul.
Damn you, now it's not a robot guitar anymore! Nah, I don't mind. I didn't know the colour scheme and I can imagine that a bright green guitar would not be nice (I probably also have to repaint my wheels).

And damn again, the paint looks awesome indeed! I'm not a huge fan or red but it looks astonishing. If we show up to races with a bunch of cars all with these paint schemes we will be feared.

So, how do you qualify for a team race? It shows me no sessions on the GT3 team sessions page.

Daunt

MLG Pro

So, how do you qualify for a team race? It shows me no sessions on the GT3 team sessions page.
I think the team leader has to register the team for a session. Then when they are registered it SHOULD show up for team members in their team sessions section. (Go to team in the menu, next to leagues and cars.)

Not positive but I think that is how it works.

Noodleguitar

I think the team leader has to register the team for a session.
If that's the case it wouldn't make sense, because I CAN see race sessions and practice sessions listed.

It could be a bug with sessions loading, there was a message on the site a few days ago about sessions sometimes not loading.

Daunt

MLG Pro

If that's the case it wouldn't make sense, because I CAN see race sessions and practice sessions listed.

It could be a bug with sessions loading, there was a message on the site a few days ago about sessions sometimes not loading.
In the team series? I think that is because everyone has a default team which is just themselves. So what you see you'd be registered your default team, but of course since your team will only have 1 racer, you'd be DQ'd post-race.

Again I am not 100% sure...

Noodleguitar

Yes, I can only register my self-team. But it still doesn't make sense that I can register for practice and races but not qualifying sessions. All it says is "No sessions".

Ken, could you see if you have team qualifying sessions listed in the GT3-team series?

Another thing I could think of is that since gridding as a team uses the member's individual qualifying times, so maybe they pick the qualifying times from the GT3 solo series. However, you need B license for GT3 and D license for GT3-team, so again that doesn't make sense.

Noodleguitar

I figured out how to qualify by looking at race results.

The team races are every 4 hours and they have qualifying (looks like about 15 minutes) within the session, in addition to warm up. I have no idea if all drivers of one team can qualify at the same time.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Noodleguitar said:
I have no idea if all drivers of one team can qualify at the same time.
I'm almost positive you can have anyone qualify. I guess through that 15 minute session you can one person do all of it or switch out if you want. There's no restrictions to qualifying participation.

How about a team race at Silverstone International tonight at 01:00 GMT?
Sorry I wasn't able to... this weekend has been very crappy for me. ALMOST done moving and this weekend will be a lot less busy. I will be looking to buy and run Twin Ring a lot this coming week.
I pretty much just ran two races this week just to ensure I got my participation. I wish I could've raced Silverstone at least once more. Great track and setup.

Daunt

MLG Pro

Sneak peek at the current project:

sample1.jpg
sample2.jpg

Not done yet, some obvious errors. Like the damn numbers in a terrible spot on the sides of the car, for one. This is the Track version... the plan is for all B2O GT3 cars to sport the same paint sceme. The C-Spec version will be markedly different in design and color, as with other series' schemes. Can't wait to get this thing finished and out t here with the McLaren.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics