1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

B2O Paint Schemes for iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Duke, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Slider

Slider Hardcore

2. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Re: Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes

It is preferable to do full name in iRacing, then we can include your nick below that. You can add me on iRacing though - Kyle Breen-Bondie

I am not sure if you know our avatar thing. Everyone chooses a video game character that best represents who they are. If you want though I can throw that avatar on the car somewhere small elsewhere. Not sure if you've seen the B2O knock off of the cover art in our flavor... take a look here: http://www.twitch.tv/fragtardnet/profile For example this is mine:

raynor.png

I picked Jim Raynor because well... I'm a badass. JK. Mainly because he fights for what he believes in regardless of the consequences. And because he shoots aliens. Look out Noel.

3. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I like the colours already :D

4. little P

little P Super Mod

Yeah, here's mine (Frank West from Dead Rising 2: Off the Record) :)

Frank_West_DR.jpg

I'm not very good at making it a transparent .png sorry :eek:

5. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Ah! Ok! You are in the original line up that Duke made. I forgot. I'll post your scheme shortly.

6. little P

little P Super Mod

Thanks for taking the time to do what us mere mortals cannot :D

7. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Alright guys!! First batch of paints are up (check the OP). You will find the base GT3 paints (no personalizations) as well as customized paint schemes for everyone that gave the correct info.

As it says, do NOT customize or edit the base schemes! Post here with the required info (Full name, nickname, country, car, and avatar)

Feel free to leave any questions!

8. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Alrighty, updated, can't wait to try it out :)

9. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Re: B2O Paint Schemes

I hope you also don't mind, Duke, I took the liberty of renaming the thread from Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes.

10. Duke

Do what you gotta do buds, I'm good with it :)

You gonna be in session soon?

11. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

The second I get home from work. So not for another 2 hours. :( If you stream though I'm all over it.

12. Slider

Slider Hardcore

13. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

14. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Alright guys. Second sample of the Holden.

holden2.jpg

15. Duke

Wow that looks absolutely awesome Kyle, great work!

Just out of curiosity, what would it look like with the base color black?

Incidentally, could you please update the BMW Z4 with the iRacing decal layer because the car #s are still black with no iRacing decal overlay for some odd reason?

I can post some screens if you need to see it.

16. little P

little P Super Mod

That looks really nice! I actually prefer that to the red scheme, it definitely stands out more :)

17. Duke

Hey Kyle, can I get the Practice Pals and whatever other logos you have finalized in layered.psd's or something?

I'm also messing around a bit in Photoshop this week and need these images.

Thanks.

18. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Looks awesome. Maybe you could also try it with dark grey/dark blue stripes instead of orange, see how that looks.

19. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I forgot all about that stupid issue with the BMW. I'll update it, just a matter of turning on that layer. Colors are still tentative. Might flop them all around, try primarily an orange, leave the halftones blue and make the stripes black.

Yeah I am loving the way it is turning out. Thing is, the V8SCs are absolutely awesome to paint. They have a TON of real estate. There's almost no air inlets that disrupt major space, no weird bubbles, its just awesome. Not like the Macca that has 3/4 of its side covered in strange air inlets and aero. So a paint like this wouldn't work the same at all for a lot of other cars. Maybe in the future I could apply the same type of scheme though with halftones and whatnot, we'll see.

20. little P

little P Super Mod

I think having a central theme between cars is essential in brand recognition.

Someone suggested in another thread (can't remember where) that having a base theme with different secondary colours is a good way of identifying each of us but still keeping the main theme recognisable. I agree, the Pirtek Hondas in BTCC do this for example and it looks great :)