1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Band of Others Other Racing Stuff (Share your personal adventures!)

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Jes_971, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I feel like we kind of need a spot for our members here to post their personal happenings in other areas of iRacing outside of league. Whether it be an official race, other leagues, or just a one-off hosted race. The latter (one-off hosted) and former latter (other leagues) may be one in the same but I needed three to make the sentence flow how I wanted it to. This will be an on-going thread that will kind of be a "shout box" but for iRacing ventures/results.

Let me know if this is a stupid idea or share your adventures/results as a response saying "It's ok, your not an idiot.... this time."

Duke, John Navara and Noodleguitar like this.
  2. Deb

Deb Moderator

Great idea :)

3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Raced the first round of the Majors Series this past weekend. It was the 2.4 hours of Daytona in the Kamel GT cars. I ran the Audi and somehow managed to qualify into the pro split. Started 8th or 9th and slowly worked my way up from there. Ended the race in 5th after getting passed at the finish line by an Audi that used the draft to get me. All in all it was a great race with much respect and room given by the competition in both classes. I was pleasantly surprised to see my position in the season standings following the race. We'll see how long it lasts though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Deb

Deb Moderator

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Very cool!!!!!!!!!

5. John Navara

John Navara Core

2017-12-03 16_01_23-iRacing.com Simulator.jpg My first win in the iRacing Production Cup series at Daytona. I won the next race too.

John

Deb, Brainling, Jes_971 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Deb Do you have any more winter VLN races coming up? If so, don't forget to post about them here!!

@John Navara That's badass man! What a way to win your first!!!

7. Deb

Deb Moderator

Okay, will do, I think we have 2 left and then the regular VLN Series will begin again.

8. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Its not my adventure but the hat made its journey safely. Thanks again, @Deb !!!!!

9. Deb

Deb Moderator

Awesome!!!!!! Glad you got it, looks great:)