Band of Others Other Racing Stuff (Share your personal adventures!)

Brainling

Hardcore
Filed my first protest Sunday. Did an IMSA race at Watkin's and was in the lead pack of cars, challenging for the lead, when I had a GT3 car that must have thought he was racing me for position. Through the block on me multiple times. I forced myself cleanly by...but when I came up on him again after pit stops he did it again. Straight up side to side driving to block me. Finally after about 3/4's of a lap I uhh "out broke myself" and touched his inside quarter just enough to get the rear to wiggle and drove past him.

I still finished fourth, so you know, lead pack problems...but it was on for the win and at the very least a podium before this guy cost me 10s. Between this and LMP1 guy from a few weeks back I attract blockers it seems.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
We did it!!!!!!!!!!! Hans, Bedo and I ran the 6 Hour VLN today. We gridded on pole:) We were able to hold the lead the entire race and finished first about 2 minutes ahead of the 2nd position car :D Very cool, I think a first win for all of us in the VLN Series. @ShadniX, @Bedo, thanks for a great race, that was a lot of fun!!!!!
Congrats on an awesome job! It's not easy leading start to finish, so way to dominate and close it out!

Jes_971

Hardcore
Update:

Bedo and Deb dominate VLN 9/15/18
Quoted from driver Deb Bennett:

Bedo and I raced VLN today. We gridded 11th, maybe second or third split since there were plenty of Mazdas and Porsches but no Kias. The beginning of the race was pretty clean and Bedo, as always, was able to make up a lot of ground and quickly moved us to 4th. Coming off of the back straight in the third lap, the 4 top position GT3s were all battling in between a field of Mazdas. Incredible racing!!!! Bedo was able to get out ahead of two of them and eventually caught the first position car after some great, clean racing. One of the most exciting VLNs. So Bedo took the lead and by the end of his 2nd stint had us way aead. I drove the next two stints, came out of the pit about 50 seconds ahead of the #2 car. Not having Bedo's pace and dealing with the traffic, I lost some ground, ran off the track and grazed the wall once, but at the end was fast enough to hold them off!!!! We finished first!!!!! Second position car was about 10 seconds behind. :D:D:D:D

Jeeve79

Casual
Got into SimRacingSystem on AC few weeks ago. Its like Iracing official races with rankings but sad to say not as diverse.
And most races are only 20 minutes which is too short imo.
So, I saw Lotus 72D championship and decided to join SRP (Sim Racing Paddock) league. Problem is, to much people are joining with no practise or just not enough skill and half the field cant drive 2 laps clean, some cant drive 20 meters clean :(
So first race with no ranking i won the second split race and then did 13 random races to get ranking for the next week to be in top split. Off coarse i got taken out of 4th position in turn 1 by a guy that forgot where the brake pedal was and took out 4 other cars and I had to drive back to the front.
And that is where some fools in SRPs chat was wondering if i was a cheater. lol Very annoying because they are idiots but also flattering in a way. Specially because of Williams reactions when i was closing him down and overtook him. Kinda sad though how some people in chat are so trapped in their own bubble of ignorance and stupidity. I guess they never tried hard enough to GET GUUD at something and think everybody who is, must be a cheater.

Little example here:

Jes_971

Hardcore
Completed the first race of the Majors series today. Held at Daytona road with the IMSA lineup over 2.4 hours of racing. There were 3 splits (Pro, Sportsman 1 & 2) and I ended up on pole for the Sportsman 2 split in the Daytona Prototype. Second place DP jumped the start but didn't get back in line before the green lights so was dropped to the back with a black flag. I engaged attack mode, pulling out to a 6 second lead, and held 1st position until first round of pit stops. Second place pitted one lap later than I did and therefore lead the only lap not lead by me. I had a 30 second lead by the halfway point. A couple laps before my second pit stop I made contact with a DP in the second horseshoe. He was completely to the left and going slow on entry so I thought he was letting me by. I came in at race pace and then he juked to the right and we made contact. I didn't spin and the steering felt normal but figured I had some aero damage. Second pit stop and no repair timer popped up. I have no idea how this was possible but I wasn't arguing. Left the pits and still had a 5.5 second lead on second place who still had to pit. Stayed clean the rest of the race and ended up winning by a minute and six seconds. Felt so good as it has been a while since I've won a race. Then to win it by 1:06:00 was kind of mind blowing. I couldn't have done it without all the Daytona 24 prep with you guys leading up to it and the good setup on the car.

TL;DR: Lead my first Majors series league race from green flag to checkers. Winning by 1:06:00 (one minute, six seconds)

Jeeve79

Casual
Had a great fun battle yesterday with William from Sim Racing Paddock. Full attack 20 minutes sprint, been in his mirrors all the time up to this point.
Watch a lap for the buildup and then the 2-wide action for the win. I am sad to say, u dont get to see that a lot in the Assetto click and go SRS races. Racing the chicane was nuts.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads