1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Shooters - First & Third Person' started by Wapwap, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Wapwap

Wapwap Staff Member Admin

BF-cover-1200x609.jpg

Thread to discuss Battlefield 1! What we know so far:
    - WW I setting
    - release date October 18th 2016
    <will add more info later>

battlefield_1_screenshot.jpg

battlefield_1_screenshot_2.jpg
    battlefield_1_screenshot_3.jpg
    battlefield_1_screenshot_4.jpg
    battlefield_1_screenshot_5.jpeg
    battlefield_1_screenshot_6.jpg

IronDiggy likes this.
  2. Wapwap

EA has just released a new gameplay trailer of Battlefield 1.

3. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

The multiplayer live stream has been up for over an hour:

4. Wapwap

Cpl. Punishment and ElektroVodka like this.
  5. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

I hope there is a way to attach explosives to a horse and ride it into a tank.

Also I want to saber some bitches!

6. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Wow, LevelCap posted close to 90 minutes of ingame footage and it's pretty impressive. Stating the game is beautiful is a major understatement.

The sounds are absolutely sick too.

7. Rockycore

Rockycore Core

I will definitely be getting this game....for xbox one.

8. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Sorry to hear that... haha.. did they mention anything about cross playform play?

Jeeve, Davey and I were discussing it a bit last night. Somewhat disappointed but still looks like it will be fun. Biggest letdown is no random-gen maps. That and how fast-paced the combat is. Not that I didn't expect it. But still.

9. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

[​IMG]

10. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

Rocky, you've been hanging around here for like 15 years at this point. HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING???

11. Jeeve79

Jeeve79 TS3 SA

Another hyped up game that will turn out as shit. Looks good, but so did Battlefront and that was the worst game i ever played, like forever ever.
    I was hoping they learned their lesson with that flop but nooooo.
    As long as its going to be like COD and play like a stupid Star Wars Battlefront, i am out. EA makes 1.5 / 2 billion a year, most of it through DLC, and they cant make a better game then this? And pay their devs proper wages? That is probably the reason their games suck, no spirit. They are the worst company in US for years now and still people pay money for this crap, i dont understand anything any more. I rather spend a few euros on original indy devs then supporting these idiotic triple A games with their 100's of dollars in game DLC that should be in the base game. You all go ahead and pay up, but dont come complaining as no one is playing it any more after a few weeks cause its crappy gameplay, full of cheaters and hackers and people that studied the few maps that are way too small. Run die respawn, run die respawn, same shit as Battlefront, zero tactics or skill, so boring it hurts.

Daunt, IronDiggy and Fromthenavy like this.
  12. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

13. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Battlefield quick, not Battlefront.

ElektroVodka likes this.
  14. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

I want to be optimistic, but we all know @Jeeve79 is gonna be totally right.

Fromthenavy and ElektroVodka like this.
  15. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

Almost 6 or 7 months ago I played Battlefield 4 on PC for the first time after years of console. A week later I got ARMA III and haven't touched Battlefield since. I'm really trying to decide to get it or not but I think Jeeve is way too right about it. Looks decent and I'm impressed with the sounds but I HATE supporting EA. Still undecided... then again I just picked up the early release for Apex.....

Sorry Battlefield .

16. Doc

Doc Core

Unless there is more SP content, its a no go for me. I don't mind MP every now and then. But the replay value of the last few BF iterations have been limited b/c people eventually stop playing the game and or maps and modes become limited as a result of loss of interest by the playerbase. I've spent a lot of $$$ on BF3 and 4 buying not only the game, but the premium content as well and those games are basically shelved at this point. Yes, my fault for spending so much, but not anymore. I passed over Battlefront and I'll do the same with BF1.

17. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

BF4 is going surprisingly strong here guys since the tickrate issues have been (mostly) ironed out. That and the fact that both Hardline and Battlefront were turds.

After watching a ton of footage I'm going to remain optimistic on this one because it does look really good so far. The only real concern I have is that skill weapons seem to be a thing of the past as there seems to be no noticeable recoil on anything.

Fuck the COD kiddies, give us recoil dammit!

The suppression mechanic is also in full swing and I know the community will be up in arms about it unless they dial it back, way back.

I'm also not a big fan of the no fall damage I've seen in Jackfrags video. He jumped from a second story building and took no damage. Not only that, he was able to shoot way too quickly for someone recovering from that type of fall.

BF4 does it a bit better but it's even a bit silly given a button push from a 10 foot drop deploys a parachute lol.

Aside from that though maybe I'm a bit more of a BF fanboi than most around here because when they get the recipe right it is an amazing MP FPS experience. For me anyway, it's the most satisfying twitch gaming experience I've had of any FPS to date (twitch referring to reflexes not streaming).

Now that Dice seems to have completely mastered Terra deformation and destructibility means the map changes drastically over the course of a round.

I've only seen the one map so far but it's impressive IMHO. It's very well designed and gives you a bit of everything.

18. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

19. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

20. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

Heh! And just wait, after France they will bleed everyone a little more for Russia.