1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

CENTRALIZED Band of Others iRacing Programs and Information

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Kenadian, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Ugh, damn these "Internal Server Issues"...

This is what it looks like when you open the server in two tabs, btw. I couldn't include it in the post above.. :(

Kenadian likes this.
  2. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

We might also want to look into the whisper function of TS. It allows you to map a button which will only transmit to a specific channel when pressed.

Team mates/Streamers could use it to inform somebody in the quiet channel, and the driver in the quiet channel can ask questions to the team directly, without being distracted by their conversations.

TS does give you an annoying pop-up when somebody whispers to your location but that can be turned off.

Kenadian likes this.
  3. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

This is really interesting stuff guys.

I'm not a personal fan of the whisper function simply because of the stupid prompt you get when receive one. I'd much rather hear comms instead of have to Alt + Tab to read something.

Is it possible to have 2 channels open and hotkey one so as to hear it only when said hotkey is depressed?

That would be awesome!

4. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

The whisper function is not only text, you can use it for speech. I don't know if it's possible to mute a selected channel.

Kenadian likes this.
  5. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Make sure to click "Show Advanced Actions at the bottom of the "HotKey Setup Dialog" box.

[​IMG]
    Yes, you can set up a key to switch between tabs.

[​IMG]
    You will also want to bind a key/button to Activate Microphone when you switch your tab. (As I said, your microphone can only be active in ONE tab at a time.) Otherwise, you'll have to hit this button at the top every time you want to switch to talking in a new tab.
    [​IMG]

I also recommend mapping the "Toggle Microphone Mute" to a key/button. Use that if you want to talk to chat (or family, if you're like that) without interrupting TS, or when eating, etc...

[​IMG]
    I would also recommend mapping a "Toggle Speaker Mute" key/button, so that if things are getting too busy in TS, you can get peace and quiet at the push of a button!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Kenadian likes this.
  6. Kenadian

I'm going to have to get @Deb to explain this to me. When it comes to settings in Teamspeak she has no equal :rolleyes:

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  7. Deb

Deb Moderator

I would recommend that you look under "Settings" and then press "Mute", that should solve the problem :p

Please put me down for 4 - 6 hours in the Aston. I am not sure about times, perhaps I can fill in where needed. Again, would prefer single stints but will do doubles if you need me to.

I would put Bedo in for 3 - 4 hours in the Aston, but he probably won't know for sure what times. He usually can drive early in the morning or late at night, so you might put him there and we can play it by ear as his new situation unfolds.

Reid Westphal, another Fusion driver that drove with us at Daytona, wanted to drive two hours in the Aston. He said morning or afternoon. He can single or double.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  8. Kenadian

Do I do that when I'm hovering over your name?

9. Deb

Deb Moderator

Sure, if you want, but for some reason I have a feeling you won't ;)

10. Kenadian

Will Band of Others run League X?

After numerous queries in this regard I feel it's best to create an official response.

This response is not aimed at any one person, more to put to rest questions that inevitably arise when iRacing releases new Cars/Series, etc.

The "TLDR version" of this answer is No, Band of Others will not host any other League in iRacing for the foreseeable future.

The "Your going to have to read on to understand version" of this answer is Maybe which comes attached to very long strings.

The Band of Others Blancpain Sprint Series League for iRacing (B2O-BSS) is the product of nearly 2 years of the same core group returning week in and week out to prove or disprove the viability of the current system.

This equates to 48 annual Fridays generously donated by a small number of passionate B2O Members.

Given the tremendous time and effort invested in this League another will only exist if the current remains.

To be clear, the B2O Blancpain Sprint Series League will NEVER fold in interests of a replacement.

The only way a new League will be embraced is if the following minimum criteria is met:
    • Enough long-term Membership is present willing to manage the series; this requires between 5 - 10 people weekly. I sadly cannot be involved due to time constraints.
    • Enough drivers are consistently willing to grid. My guess is this is a minimum of 10 - 15 Drivers present weekly.
    • It faithfully represents Band of Others in a manner consistent with our "fun first" social gaming structure.
    • It is SINGLE CLASS ONLY! We'd require 300 iRacing Members here to make multi-class and B2O-BSS viable this assuming 10% of Membership is regularly active (usually the number is far lower).
    • It is held on a night that does not interfere with B2O-BSS or #PracticePals (Mon, Wed, Friday).
    • League is run by long-term active B2O Membership (minimum 1 year Membership and 100+ posts). *
    If the above minimum criteria can be met then I'm willing to Register the League and cover all session costs.

* Community Membership is base criteria used to gauge commitment via historical data.