1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Chia Taking on Europe

Discussion in 'Gaming General & Off Topic' started by Deb, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Deb

Deb Moderator

IMG_2485.JPG IMG_2479.JPG So far, great trip. Visited the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart Saturday. Couldn't sleep on the plane so had my own 24HR challenge. Toured Affalterbach yesterday. Awesome to see where the GT3s and other AMGs are built. Drove the GP at Nurburgring this morning in the GT R! Unfortunately, it was raining all morning so slippery and slow :mad: Drove to Liege this afternoon and will be at SPA tomorrow!!!!

2. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

That's awesome Deb!! Hope you have a blast!

3. Deb

Deb Moderator

Now, the GT3 on SPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Riding not driving, but so incredible!!!!!!! Driver is Berndt Schneider :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  4. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

Wow that looks incredible! Have a great time :D

5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

OMG the Driver is Bernd Schneider, that's frickin' awesome!

Now I really regret not getting into your suitcase.

ElektroVodka and Noodleguitar like this.
  6. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

That weather is our regular welcome for anyone coming across the yuuuuge pond lol.
    Which is also the reason i live in the part that has the most hours of sun throughout the year. (really helps when you spend most of that time working in dim engine rooms)

You must be having a great time tho, I'd give a certain body part to be sitting next to that man.

Do keep us posted!

7. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

Left, right, or middle?

8. Deb

Deb Moderator

Berndt was awesome, as were all the instructors! Such an incredible experience :D SPA was amazing, Drove in the parade from the track into town. So fun, crowds cheering! 222 kmph down the Autobagn yesterday in their GTS. And it looks like I need to resign from my current job for a new position at SPA as the . . . (To be continued)

Attached Files:

Duke likes this.
  9. Deb

Deb Moderator

Okay, got the wifi working! And my new position, should I decide to accept it . . . Well still having problems uploading pictures, will try later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Duke likes this.
  10. Jeeve79

Jeeve79 TS3 SA

Veel plezier,
    amuse toi,
    machen sie viel spaß,
    have fun.

ElektroVodka likes this.
  11. ElektroVodka

That's about all the languages one could find at Spa lol

12. ElektroVodka

Deb! Just heard they introduced the new NSX GT-3 at Spa... you managed to spot it?

13. Deb

Deb Moderator

No, didn't see it. Was trying to gather intel in my new position. . .

IMG_2605.JPG

But I must have missed it :(

14. Deb

Deb Moderator

Just wanted to let you know that I showed your post to Berndt and he was highly amused, well, as much as a German can be ;) But it is funny, he had been kind of stand offish and after I showed him the post, he came and ate lunch with us and started telling all kinds of stories. So, that was very cool!!!!

IMG_2652.JPG

15. Duke

Deb that is one amazing shit eating grin. You look like you had so much fun and the pictures are fantastic.

Now, I wonder what I can do with your head, hmmmn, time to fire up Photoshop :p

16. Deb

Deb Moderator

Well, standing between Roland Rehfeld and Berndt Schneider should put a big smile on any racing fan's face. To have them as your instructors, even better :D It was an amazing experience!!!! And Roland is the most fun ever, so cool, kept me laughing with all his stories about ADA students. He also told me I could put the car in Race Mode when we were driving through Germany and Belgium (something you are not permitted to do at most ADA events even on the track since it turns off traction control). And best of all he told me he would recommend me for Masters, which is driving the GT3 car. So Roland is my BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBFF :cool:

Please be merciful with the photoshopping, I posted these pictures trusting your discretion;)

Jes_971 likes this.
  17. Duke

I'm all about mercy :)

18. ElektroVodka

I guess he didn't take the offer lol.

Your adventure keeps getting better and better, if for whatever reason you have to skip a day, i'd gladly keep your seat warm (which is nothing like Duke he'd prolly sniff the filling out of the driver seat)

19. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Im sooo jealous Deb :) :)

20. Deb

Deb Moderator

Well, I'm back and have to say it was just amazing. Making plans to go again next year and possibly drive the whole Nordscheife. They have an Advanced course there for two days, so I am going to try to make that but have to wait all the way until July :(

Noodleguitar likes this.