1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Conan Exiles B2O server discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by little P, Jun 1, 2018.

1. little P

little P Super Mod

Don't forget the lamentations!

2. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

I've got wapwap working on it now, it should be up soon

3. Wapwap

Wapwap Staff Member Admin

The latest server patch has been installed.

Kenadian and Shilka like this.
  4. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Thanks Wap :)

5. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

So last night I hopped on for an hour and performance seemed better when spawning in (house rendered much quicker). I didn't get far because I was out of food so spent the time hunting and gathering.

Then the server did it's auto restart as I was killing a gazelle so I waited until it was back up and reconnected.

Upon reconnecting the clever I was using when the server went down was replaced by a duplicate of my Pike.

6. Deb

Deb Moderator

Hmmm, I played for about an hour last night too after I did some Spa practice and it seemed pretty good. Ran over to the Dregs just for the heck of it, was being polite until arrows started flying at me, then I was forced to take the whole camp out :D Got some good loot!

@Kenadian, when I got back I tried to organize our big storage boxes a little better, it was out of control :)

Maybe we need a camp near the jungle too, so we could do more exploring over there. Builders?

Kenadian and Noodleguitar like this.
  7. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

I actually put down another Chest between the bench and beach exit door last night. I also organized a bit out of some of the other chests but agree we need to clean it up a lot in there. We should also discuss whether or not to expand the house just a bit as we are kinda cramped for space especially downstairs.

I'd also love to take you to the Jungle area as there's this area called Shipwreck Bay that's pretty awesome. At that time if you want we can try to find a place to build camp.

From this point on though I think I'm going to stick with smaller huts just used primarily for spawn and storage, not so much for dwelling.

Shilka likes this.
  8. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

We've got some new neighbors to the East this time, at the first island with the lake where the river starts to become a delta. I had a great fun role play session with both of them in chat, and gifted them some furniture for good measure.

I was thinking of building on the east side of the next island. It's the island with 'pitfall pass' on it, it has a nice bay on the east side, and it is relatively safe with only some crocs nearby, plus there are iron deposits on the eastern coastline of that very island. Though I might opt for building even further east, where the large birds walk about. I explored there a bit, but on the north side there are big cats with glowing eyes, and in the south east I came across a rhino that seemed to have jungle vegetation growing on its back.. and was especially aggressive.

[​IMG]

I actually might be working on some safe haven there today, I'm good for a new building project :D

little P, Deb and Kenadian like this.
  9. Deb

Deb Moderator

@Kenadian, yeah, going to the jungle would be cool :) I am fine with whatever size folks want to build and happy to the help however, I just thought it would be nice to have something to stay it so we don't have to make it back to base all the time and if we get killed without a bedroll, it wouldn't be so far to run back to get our body.

@Shilka, awesome, if you want to build there, can't wait to see what you come with :)

Shilka likes this.
  10. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Well, the building is already there :D

What's left is putting doors in, more light, put all workbenches in, make a storage, and there is a separate sleeping building where I'll put down a heap of bedrolls. Once that is done there will be a large high bridge to the island to the East as my next project :)

little P likes this.
  11. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Ok, there seems to be a problem where the server seems to be offline in the server browser, gametracker and steam, but it is running, as you can direct connect to IP just fine. Restarting the server helps for a bit, but after an hour or so the server becomes invisible again.

So if you're trying to connect to the server but can't see it in the browser, try a direct connect to 104.156.250.54:24080

12. Dave301

Dave301 Casual

13. Deb

Deb Moderator

Yeah, thanks @Shilka, I had to use the direct connect and fortunately no password needed.

Amazing job on the jungle camp, it is huge!!!!!!!!! I like the lighted torches a long the way. No under you were unconscious when I found you, so much work :)

Shilka likes this.
  14. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Thanks Deb. I put the torches down there first thing, so I could work through the nights as well. I was too tired yesterday to get the workbenches done, I'll most likely work on that today. I went through close to 800 iron just to keep my axe and pickaxe repaired :p

I would have been done much sooner if it hadn't been for the 12 block high foundation on the cliff side, but I just had to do it... sometimes I have a picture in my mind of what to do, and it has to be done that way then :p

I already scouted this location a couple days ago, there are interesting features in all directions, including the shipwrecks that Duke discovered, and of course there is iron in the direct vicinity, directly under the base, and along the east side of the island where we are on in both northern and southern direction, and direct across the water to the east. There are deer at the outpost, crocs down below, and big walking birds uphill and to the east across the water. There are different species further out, but I'll leave that to discover for yourself :)

little P likes this.
  15. Deb

Deb Moderator

I think the crocs are getting more aggressive. I got attacked by one on your bridge at base, the one that is close to the Black Hand Camp. Then I got attacked by one in the river camp it was actually outside the huts on the foundation, very odd. Good thing they are not hard to kill.

16. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Yeah, some of the earlier patches made the animals a bit unresponsive, the way they are now are more like they are supposed to be again.

I made some slight changes to the jungle base, and I finally finished the bridge!

I also found a way to keep the fish traps from breaking it seems. If you don't open the trap inventory, but use quick take all instead (press F while looking at the trap from up close) it seems they keep working all right. I've emptied mine half a dozen times now and they are still all working :)

Noodleguitar and ElektroVodka like this.
  17. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

It was reported on reddit that building them on or too close to foundations is what's causing the bug.

18. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Well, mine are on foundations right now and working for 3 days straight now :D

If anyone plans going from the main base to the jungle outpost, please at least take the materials needed for repairing your own armor, weapons and tools, as there are near to no stockpiles in the jungle outpost yet. There is plenty of food stocked in the outside cooking area, and there is a start of an iron stockpile.

What is in dire need is -brimstone-, so if you could take some along and put it in the firebowl cauldron we can also get some steel making up and running. Other then that all workbenches etc are there for making stuff, and in the barracks are a row of crates with bedrolls inside, so you can make a temporary respawn point there. If you gather any excess materials during your adventures in the jungle, feel free to put them in the upper floor storage :)

19. Dave301

Dave301 Casual

Server seems to be down?

20. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

It is up, use direct connect to 104.156.250.54:24080

The server has trouble showing up in the serverbrowser and gametracker etc. Most likely caused by a windows update installed by the server rental, they are working on rolling all the server windows installs back as far as I understood. It's causing the problems, and also increase the chance on server side restarts.