1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Conan exiles planning thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by ElektroVodka, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Ya I had to stop as leather and rock was getting very difficult to come by.

I had mined everything near home and then returned to turtle head to farm there a bit. Then the server crashed and when it came back online put me in the jaws of a crocodile killing me instantly.

Then my game crashed and I thought I'd lost everything. Luckily enough I found my body when reloading in and saved my stuff, weird.

I'll be on around the same time today as I'd like to finish the second floor if possible as well as place all the columns on the first.

Are you going to be ok if I extend the West face flush with where it is currently? If so I'll need to move your fishing gear but it will help immensely as I'd like 4 living quarters on the second floor if possible.

2. Dave301

Dave301 Casual

Hi guys. I saw your stream yesterday and instantly wanted to jump in. I already created a character on your server but my game crashed as I reached the first river.. Are new players welcome on your Conan server? If yes, I'd love to jump in tonight and get some levling going.

3. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

More than welcome bud! Give us a shout when u need some help :)

4. little P

little P Super Mod

More the merrier :) Welcome to B2O!

5. Duke

So I found a route North after about 2 hours of trying, everywhere from just North West of our New Main Base at Exclamation Point to all points I could access North East. From what I can tell the North Eastern approach is the safest but that doesn't equate to easy by any means.

There are tons of things that agro easily and they're all really close to one another so it's easy to draw agro from multiple sources.

We're going to have to be very closely packed together and on our game.

I didn't get to far in though as I just don't know how safe it is as a single right now? I think we're going to need to arrow up this week and head up there with 2 or 3 of us as a scouting party.

The good news is that you seem to level really quickly :)

6. ElektroVodka

Kewl! I just hit a wall with leveling in the current area, goes very slow eventho the mobs need quite the damage do to them.

How long did the new player stay for?

7. Duke

Then how about you and I be the scouting party and head North together? This isn't about exploring the North right away, it's more about finding a path that we can take a group along safely.

This is how we found our way to where we are now, a lot of trial and error. It's the culmination of numerous attempts to get to Exclamation Point along multiple paths. The path we use now is the path of least resistance and a few pesky spiders aside is very doable as a solo.

I doubt we'll find a safe solo route North but we can try.

As for the new Player he's actually in our base right now.

Seems like a pretty decent guy and willing to help out so it's nice to have him aboard.

Davey also bought the game last night so we'll have a pretty nice crew when we get everyone situated. In the meantime we may have to share rooms for a bit until I can find time to add another floor above.

8. ElektroVodka

I figured there was going to be an expansion lol :)

i read Davey saying he was looking at it, never had the chance to reply tho :/

Anyway, i've got to lvl 30, can now make steel tools and can craft the Hyrkonian bow. 1 shotting the birds and 2 shotting the npc's next to the shrine.

Btw, just behind the seats of the shrine is a glowing stone that teaches you a couple of emotes.
    On top of the scaffolding should be a leather notepad teaching you a recipe.

Figured that with the new "conan's" we might need lvl3 and up thralls to reduce resource cost.
    Afaik all the crafting benches can have a thrall in them, so far we have 1 smelter and 1 blacksmith.
    First priority if it comes to thralls should be a carpenter, so arrows become a lot cheaper :)

9. Duke

The third floor is a long ways out as I still have to add all the pillars and finish off the perimeter. This is going to require a ton of stone so if you guys find yourselves with nothing to do then please continue farming it.

All inner bedroom walls will also be made a bit smaller unfortunately due to the fact the roof supports leave no room on the the inner walkway. I'm still not entirely sure on this point though as I may end up simply moving the door layouts to compensate but we'll see.

I also need to create the palisades (or whatever they're called) to line the outer perimeter once all the decking and supports are in place.

If we can get a Carpenter Thrall then that would be ideal as I think I only have a few more Stick Shangri La trips left in me.

My focus right now is finishing off this main base asap and then finding the ideal path Northward. I may actually explore the Northwest but I tried it last night and it's far more brutal than I remember. I'm definitely going to need help if a trip Northwest is to be successful.

I also tried just going pretty much straight North from where we are and got wrecked by Scorpions. I held up inside a building of some sort and unfortunately the Granddaddy Scorpion continued to poison me through the walls somehow?

Then he came in, snipped me in two and left.

Running back there to get my stuff was brutal but I made it back although just barely.

10. ElektroVodka

There's tons of materials now i got steel tools lol.
    Anyway, it kinda makes stick shangri la obsolete now, the steel axe gets 3/4 branches each hit.

If you do make the run, go kill and skin some spiders for the silk, if you have 13 silk i can craft the hyrkonian bow

11. Duke

I just like making the run because it's somehow fun for me. I also sometimes try to vary the route a bit to give myself more of a challenge while seeing more of what the map has to offer.

As for Silk I probably have 13 on me but can get more in no time at all.

ElektroVodka likes this.
  12. ElektroVodka

Up until now spiders haven't been really useful, just imagine how many silk we tossed away :p
    Starting to think we have to make a dedicated cupboard for each crafting resource instead of throwing everything away.

13. Duke

I never throw away Gossamer, never have.

ElektroVodka likes this.
  14. ElektroVodka

Hmm, stuff keeps going missing it seems, last night before i left there was 2 stacks of 100/65ish steel, and some steelfire,
    This morning i come back, same furnace is still on, yet there's only coal and iron ingots in it.

Placed a wheel of pain (4 thralls at once) placed 4 thralls in it, and turned it on with 17hrs of fuel.
    It was off when i joined and the gruel indicates it's only been running for 2 hours.

Also, the shrine that's placed across from us has influence alright, it took most of our resources as it's blocking the ironstone and coal spawns beneath the rock it is on.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  15. ElektroVodka

Well, it just happened again, seems it's a server restart that caused it.
    Stuff i'd crafted in the minutes before it have returned as resources in my inventory,

16. Duke

My guess is the Server being on a timed restart schedule takes a snapshot of the database minutes before the restart and reverts to it when back online?

This certainly would seem like a logical thing to do to me.

17. ElektroVodka

It's running on unreal engine 4, which should allow for a last second snapshot just before the restart.
    I know that Ark does this fluently, just the second the server goes down, everything gets saved.
    When you rejoin you don't even spawn in meters back from your logout position, it's just spot on.

However, this is a non issue tbh, it certainly has to do with the restart

18. Duke

This Saturday I intend to be on early for a long day of Conan Exiles.

I'll try to be on around 12 PM Eastern and intend to travel the Northern boundary all points East to West. During this time I'll be setting foot in the tundra North of the desert we currently find ourselves in and wouldn't mind a little company to help ease the nerves.

...yes I was pretty stressed on my own last time lol, it's dangerous so far from what I've seen.

We'll definitely need an inventory of at least the following:
    • Hyrkanian Bow
    • 300 - 500 Iron Arrows each
    • Iron Bar for repairs
    • Leather for repairs
    • 1 or 2 small campfires each
    • 4 or 5 bedrolls each
    If we need to we can lay a very small foundation for a few Hunting Huts as discussed along with a wooden box for storage along the way.

This will be really exciting but I'd wager we'll need to be organized given how densely packed the baddies are. From what I've seen so far it's very easy to draw agro from multiple big enemies as well as the striped Hyenas which come seemingly out of nowhere.

It's gonna be tough but fun!

19. Duke

I get that but Ark is now a full release and Conan Exiles is still very much a Beta.

I'm sure they'll improve it in the future but for now it's better to just not do much important prior to the restart.

Also, I need to figure out how to get MOTD working, any ideas?

20. ElektroVodka

I'll try to be on this weekend, however saturday morning i have to work on my car and it's my GF's birthday so might not be in early.

Well Ark has had it almost since release iirc, however Conan has a smaller backing than ARK has on the community level so it will indeed take a while for such things to be noticed and implemented.

Oh BTW, with those amounts of arrows we need i am going to remove the shrine and place it on the cliff in front of the entrance, there's no Iron/Coal nodes there it can block which should help gathering.

And a little birdy told me that a dude from Magna Frisia is installing conan again (He did something with spiral staircases)