Conan Exiles

Hello,

This game looks very promising. Think Ark or Rust but in the Conan World. Anyone interested in playing? Would be willing to pay for a private server if public servers are not your fancy.

Check link below for game details.

https://www.conanexiles.com/

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Oooh I'll have to look deeper into this one and get back to you. Conan is my personal favorite and I've watched the Arny version of Conan about a gazillion times now.

My favorite artist of all time is Frank Frazetta and he painted a lot of this type of stuff.

http://www.frankfrazetta.net/index.html

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Oh ya, Death Dealer.

I actually replicated the Mammoth Painting in Grade 12 Art Class:

Frank Frazetta was a legend. He was one of the precious few of his time who did not rely on using models to pose for his images unlike Rowena and Boris.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I've watched a few of the videos and read some of the Dev blog and think this may be pretty good. I do like the implementation of a religion system whereby if you worship one of the 4 Gods you get some bonuses.

Actually that's only partially true as only 3 of the 4 God's gain you any advantage.

The one I'd love to worship is Crom who sadly gains you no advantage at all. I think this is a mistake the Dev should reconsider because it may not work according to Conan lore.

This assumes of course they're using the movie for inspiration which it appears they may be at least partially.

Arnold clearly stated in Conan that he seldom prays to Crom because he feels Crom doesn't listen. Having said that, he refers to Crom when he is trapped by wolves in an underground crypt and finds the Atlantean Sword.

Later Conan avenges his entire existence (for lack of a better word) by beheading Thulsa Doom in front of Doom/Set worshipers then raises his temple to the ground.

Thulsa Doom (James Earl Jones) was a Set worshiper who murdered Conan's people, imprisoned him to a life on the wheel of pain, and killed his lover.

It's implied that Crom granted Conan one wish, vengeance. Three men fought against many in the Battle of the Mounds and won. In this pivotal battle, Conan's girlfriend (now a spirit/ghost) actually saves Conan's life. This may or may not have been the work of Crom.

Plus Crom is the God responsible for men finding the riddle of steel "abandoned by giants and left on the battlefield". This goes back to the Atlantean sword Conan found in the crypt half way into the movie as the skeleton who owned the sword was clearly a giant.

It was the giants who stole from Crom the riddle of steel, angering Crom. The ground shook with Croms anger and in their haste the giants threw their bodies into the waters.

This lore allowed men to find the riddle of steel and all is directly attributed to Crom.

It seems to me that worshiping Crom should have some advantage such as swordsmanship or possibly crafting steel but I digress.

It does indeed look promising though so it will be interesting to see what it costs. As of now I don't think there's any details on what the open beta price will be but hopefully it's not too steep.

Also, private servers are easy to setup which may be a good thing for us.

francisbaud

Casual
There are so many popular survival games already available, I wonder what kind of reception Conan Exile will get. If they do it right players may flock in mass to that game. Though I wasn't impressed with the art style and overall atmosphere as seen in the videos.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
There are so many popular survival games already available, I wonder what kind of reception Conan Exile will get. If they do it right players may flock in mass to that game. Though I wasn't impressed with the art style and overall atmosphere as seen in the videos.
You are right that there are many survival games out there right now but Conan is pretty unique. It is a beautifully violent world and the one thing I liked was the Devs said the violence is cranked up to 11.

You will be able to maim, decapitate and bath your foes bodies in their own blood. You literally have to rip their hearts out and place them on your God's alter to gain powers.

Some bits looked a bit silly like the physics needs some fine tuning but overall it looked promising so far.

Plus the mix of both natural and unnatural beasts and unique Conan'esque fantasy could make for an intoxicating blend of action in discovery.

It seems to me there is a lot of potential at least a lot more than Rust offers.

Nejtun

I am watching a couple of streams of this before I take the plunge. you going to stream this perhaps Ken?

Nejtun

I can stream it Thursday if you guys want.
Sounds cool , not at the cost of anything else you had planned though , I am watching a stream right now and it looks tempting. still would like to know a bit more about it though as with all survival games I am not sure how pissed i would be to log on and find all my stuff smashed/stolen/burned down .
you actually played it yet or not had the chance since you got it?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Not had a chance to play it yet as I only purchased and downloaded it late last night.

I will admit though that I'm with you on having your shit smashed when you come back to the world but if done correctly it's not too bad really.

The one thing about good Team Survival Games is there is a lot of resource sharing so you're on your feet in short order after an event like this. This is where DayZ Mod really shined and hopefully we see the same sort of Cooperative Teamplay here.

Nejtun

I think there are also PVE and PVP only servers, and I think you can make your own Servers with passwords either hosted locally or rented, and I believe you can also zone off a server so that has " No PvP " zones and other goodies

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
If this ends up being a game the Community is interested in I think it likely we'd look at having our own Server for it.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics