Extended Website Downtime

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
My apologies for the extended website downtime, unfortunately it seems it couldn't be avoided.

Around midnight Friday the Mysql server went down and recovered shortly thereafter. From that moment on cPanel has been e-mailing me database related error messages for Lifesupporters.com.

As of this message I have over 1000 e-mails from that site alone.

To the Hosts credit, they were on it from the beginning but were looking in the wrong place to correct the issue.

They felt the issues were at a site level whereas I was convinced they were Server Side.

After trying backups, rolling back the db and a host of other things they found the issue. As it turns out it was a Server side issue.

A variable within the InnoDB engine in Mysql was causing the issue and once changed brought the sites back up.

In all my years I've never run into anything remotely similar and Google didn't help with the issue either so my guess is it's extremely rare.

Anyway, I've asked for a backup plan should something happen like this again. Two days downtime for a Server that costs $140/month is totally unacceptable.

Thanks for your patience here folks, my apologies for the extended downtime!

Sincerely,

Ken

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17