1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Fragtard Guild Seems to be Dead

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Leftnut, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Leftnut

Leftnut Core

As the title would suggest the Fragtard GW2 guild seems to be dead. Not much activity recently. I see maybe Boom and TM from time to time. It's not that big of a deal we can still do stuff together just log in. The Guild will always be there as we can keep active alts in the Guild. If some of you old timers get bored log in there have been quite a few updates.

2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I took a week off at Christmas so I can certainly try to logon.

3. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

It is. If I'm not on at the usual time it means I've probably fallen asleep on the couch again. I'd actually be up for running around with another guild if I found a decent one.

4. Engnr

Engnr Moderator

We haven't logged in in a bit. Jez just had carpal tunnel surgery a week ago, afraid her mouse hand is out of action for a few weeks. Still have not found a solution to her neck pain, I know it's me, but the nerve block is done and it should give her some relief. Still have to find the reason....

5. Engnr

Engnr Moderator

Is it me or does GW2 fall short compared to GW1? It's been bugging me for a bit now.

6. Duke

I actually really enjoyed Guild Wars 2 for about the first 50 hours or so because the story was there, there was certainly variety and all counted toward dailys.

Then I started having to deal with the Risen all the time and it sucked the fun right out of the game for me. It just got too repetitive for little to no gain IMHO so I quickly stopped playing.

7. Leftnut

Leftnut Core

I like many of GW1 features, but GW2 is superior in most areas. Anet took a different design approach and are doing 1GB updates every two weeks which is unheard of in this industry. Some of the updates have been so-so but most have been pretty good.

There is plenty to do in this game there are 24 different dungeon paths and with the last update there are now 15 fractal dungeons. The WvW has been updated and is very competitive these days and actually pretty fun. The crafting system also has been updated and there are completely new armor and weapon sets. They also added a LFG tool so you can now do group content.

Most of us hate the Risen and for the most part after the story is completed you don't ever have to deal with them again unless to want to do the temple fights.

8. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

Jesus dookie, I play almost every night and haven't seen any risen in months. Just filthy, low skilled Tarnished Coast and SoS zerglings.

9. Leftnut

Leftnut Core

Yea, that cockroach server Tarnished Coast. Duke scared of the Risen.

10. Teufel Eldritch

Teufel Eldritch Core

I admit I'm not playing GW2 nearly as much as I thought I would. It's a good game but I think my tastes have changed is all. I now prefer tech & science over fantasy & magic.

11. Leftnut

Leftnut Core

Going to put GW2 to bed for awhile. The Living Story thing isn't working for me and I'm not feeling the grindy crafting for the ascended stuff.

Playing Neverwinter now having fun with it and I really like the combat system of the classes. If you bored give it a try its free and you can play and download it through steam. If you dump a few bucks into the game they have some starter packs that makes things a bit easier, but the game it completely free with no restrictions to game content.

12. Leftnut

Leftnut Core

Hello,

Starting playing again most of the changes and updates made the game much better. Engnr can you log in one day and pass guild lead to me. They completely changed the Guild system and we cant do anything with the guild without a leader.

13. Duke

You may want to PM Jez as I haven't seen Engr around in some time.

If you PM her she'll get an e-mail notification alerting her.

14. tmtm

tmtm Moderator

I could hit him up on Facebook for you. Don't tempt me to come back to this game...