1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 Livestreaming

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Duke, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

As some of you may know, I spent the day yesterday attempting to get my PS4 to livestream through my PC and am getting close to making it work. I'm doing this so I can livestream Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us to those of you who've no means to play it.

Unfortunately the whole PS4 Remote Play yields horrible quality so I'm forced to stream through my Elgato Game Capture HD. In streaming Destiny last night I think everything looked good except for some hiss coming through my mic that has yet to be fixed.

...hopefully I can have that sorted out by the weekend.

My question to you folk is would you like to see me Livestream Horizon Zero Dawn and if so, what time/day would you like to see it streamed?

I played some of the opening bit of Horizon Zero Dawn late last night and so far it's nothing short of awesome!

Your feedback appreciated.

IronDiggy likes this.
  2. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

I'm probably a 1/3 of the way through the game right now and for a console game it has some amazing visuals, level design and it gives you a bit of the feels. The gameplay feels like a pretty standard open world action game and there is nothing groundbreaking there but the story in the game is some of the best I have seen in a while. I'm mostly afraid to continue because I am getting into the real asshole enemies.

I wouldn't mind watching Duke trip through some Horizon ZD game play. However it is sort of an opinion of mine that story driven games don't stream extremely well due to the fact that most viewers will likely watch at different points of the stream missing important parts of story and progression. I would say stream with the intent to also LP the game and post it on the B2O YT channel so people can catch up between streams.

Duke likes this.
  3. Duke

Livestreaming Horizons Zero Dawn main story line and side missions is my goal however I fully intend to chop it into bite sized bits and post it to YouTube.

I've not yet attempted local recording while streaming but given my PS4 is doing the brunt of the work I'd expect local recording should be pretty smooth and easy to do.

4. Brainling

Brainling Core

Horizon is pretty amazing. I've beaten it, so I'd watch you stream it, since nothing would be spoilers for me.

5. Duke

If possible I may actually start streaming this Saturday after Conan Exiles.

...either that or Sunday morning, still not sure?