InfecTD - massively multiplayer online tower defense game

T.T.H.

Casual
Disclaimer: this is an advertisement... for myself!

On my full-time job I did lead a 3 men team over the last 7 months to develop and release the prototype of an online game. The result is a massively multiplayer online tower defense game called InfecTD:

https://infectd.cipsoft.com

The game is free to play and runs directly in the browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE9 and IE10 - most stable seems to be Chrome). I'd be happy if you would have a look at it because it is the result of hard work on a tight schedule and the first non-internal project I was the lead of. In addition it's a game and hopefully good fun.

Please remember that it is not a complete and polished game but only a prototype to try certain game play elements. In case a lot people do play the prototype within the next three months there is a chance that our company will turn it into a full commercial game.

Finally I want to say that this project at work plus the ongoing "baby becomes kid" project at home had been the reasons why I'm pretty much out of the gaming world...

But now you better have some fun with building towers!

Bye,
T.T.H.

Jezebel

Core
Ooh that looks cool! I'll make some time this week to have a proper play around with it :icon_lol:

AMUNO

Casual
Hi T.T.H. played the last several days InfecTD and had a nice time. What i miss a little bit is the sound (okay, in know its beta) I think there is a great chance for the game, special if you can set up an good an fair mulitplayer-fight. TDG-wars in bigger style are not existing till now. (this is the little review for the game in german -> click I really like the fight between the 3 players, but if you can imagine Fights between Hordes of Players with a tactical Background... woohhhhhaaa this would be great. Just be the first, do it again like the little time before UO ;)

JohnnyK

Hardcore
Nice job - unfortunately I kinda hate tower defense ;-)

On a different note, I agree that sound is missing and the controls seem somewhat unintuitive as only clicking on the icon seems to produce the desired result and not clicking on the text (took me a few tries to figure out why my factories were not being built after I clicked "confirm")

T.T.H.

Casual
Things like "missing sound" and "unintuitive controls" I do not hear for the first time...

Unfortunately we never got enough people in the PvP modes to make those modes fun.

The big conclusion will be done in two months but the small amount of remaining active users is a foreshadow of "nope, didn't work, next try".

The good news for me is that the next two tries will start soon and once again I'll be leading one of them. With sooooo many experiences made we can do a lot things different and better.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads