iRacing Endurance Races 2015

Daunt

MLG Pro
Correct. With TPS 5 you'll get more response at 20% throttle than at TPS 1-4, but not as much response with TPS 6-10.

I think it will really help you with getting back on the throttle without wheelspin by buying you an extra second or so to get to that better full throttle point.

Peeble

Core
In practice I was running the wing exactly as Duke shared it, I was spinning quite a bit but after some practice I started to get longer stints going. I have almost no practice at Monza in GT3 so I'm sure throughout the week we'll get better. If you want a higher wing to be safe, I have no problem with that (it's why I'm wanting to drive the BMW even though it's not the quickest, it's the most planted I feel)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
...or you can drive the V8SC for a Season or two, my God. I think the V8 has taught me more about throttle and brake input more than every car in iRacing combined.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
In practice I was running the wing exactly as Duke shared it, I was spinning quite a bit but after some practice I started to get longer stints going. I have almost no practice at Monza in GT3 so I'm sure throughout the week we'll get better. If you want a higher wing to be safe, I have no problem with that (it's why I'm wanting to drive the BMW even though it's not the quickest, it's the most planted I feel)
It's a modified Spa set.

I've changed some of the low speed rebound to help out of the S but other than that it's almost the same set.

E

ElektroVodka

I'm running Duke's setup from last season at monza with the wing at -3 and TCS at 4.
The only issue it has is that it's a bit light touched on the S but other than that it seems to work fine.

Keep an eye out for your setup when you join BES tho as it resets it to baseline everytime you join

Daunt

MLG Pro
...or you can drive the V8SC for a Season or two, my God. I think the V8 has taught me more about throttle and brake input more than every car in iRacing combined.
Better suggestion! IF you also want to waste 2 seasons and also smash your head, wheel and everything else to pieces. It's why Quick was in a cast and couldn't wank it for weeks.

Jerad

TS3 SA
Hah I actually ran a season of V8 before the Holden came out. I'd rather not go back to that.

I'll give the throttle shaping a go and see if that helps me as it's easy to change (I think you can do it from in the car?) and maybe add a bit of wing for survivability's sake.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Correct. You can adjust it just like engine mapping in the in-car adjustments black box.

I believe it is TPS. Just don't get it confused with engine mapping (which is for fuel saving)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Once you guys accept the Team invites you'll be known as BMW #2.

I also need to know what number you want to run.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Not necessarily, it's Team 2 and like us it should be able to adorn it's own number.

By your logic both of our car numbers would be 1 rather than 95 and 119.

Peeble

Core
Hey Id, I really really hate to do this but I have to bail on tomorrow. Something came up and I can't make it at all... I feel terrible for the short notice, I'm realyl sorry.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Yup, 12x on lap 0. I was actually punted on the Pace Lap which was awesome.

ID jumped in so we managed to go from gridding 33rd and finished 14th.

Thanks for subbing in ID.

Noodleguitar

Marc was able to jump in the McLaren with me so that both teams were able to get points this week. Thanks Marc!

We finished first in the 6th split so our race went pretty well. My first stint and then Marc's stint went quite smooth, we were able to hang on to the lead for the majority of the time I think.

When I pitted out for my last stint I made contact with another McLaren though. We were both coming out of the pits and as I tried to merge safely back into traffic I noticed too late that the McLaren in front of me slowed down way too much for the first corner so I slammed into his side. After that my left front was damaged and lost about 1.5-2.0 seconds per lap. Fortunately the guys chasing us also made mistakes so we finished first with a lead of 12 seconds on the next guy -- who then got disqualified for driving solo.

I spoke a little with someone from the top split and he mentioned a possible bug that exists. It's a little unclear but some teams potentially had a big advantage in qualifying because of a weather bug. This might be how I got a 1:47.1 in qualifying which was faster than most of the top split, and I'm fully sure that those guys can drive faster than me. They're speculating that one the Ruf teams experienced (or manufactured) this bug also during the race. They were able to run consistent 1:47's, which was quite a lot faster than anyone else. I hope iRacing looks into it before next race.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Wow great job to both teams! How exciting! Would live to hear more details. I'm exhausted from moving. So much more to do...

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics