1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

iRacing Le Mans Series Solo and Endurance

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Slider, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Slider

Slider Hardcore

This week, solo is running at Sebring. I plan on doing at least one Ford race, as I'm still pretty fresh from 12h race.

Next week (I think), Endurance series is on Le Mans, 6 hour race. Anyone interested in that? I have a Ferrari GTE setup we used in NEO and was pretty good, only 2 seconds off alien aliens. I might have an HPD set too.

2. Ryan Walker

Ryan Walker Casual

I could be interested in doing a race in the solo series this weekend since I'm off work for two weeks and may do it in the Ferrari GTE. Just let know what time and I'll try to join you if it fits in with me time zone wise.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

I'm interested in the endurance on le mans with the ferrari. i can't really confirm yet But i'll let you know asap.
    If you have a set time we can practice together i'll hop in.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'd be interested in doing the Endurance race at Le Mans as well during one of the weekend sessions. 488 GTE would work fine for me.

5. Deb

Deb Moderator

I'd be interested as well, particularly in April there are no long endurance races or VLN. I'll be doing VLN this Saturday, but after that, I am clear.

6. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

maybe we can even get 2 teams together.

7. Slider

Slider Hardcore

Here's the Ferrari GTE setup we ran in NEO this weekend. BB starts really high. We went 2-3% back and gained like 2 seconds per lap lol. Once moved back, car felt much more balanced, great turn in and even tire wear. high 51, low 52s were done 12 hours in on a default weather session.

Attached Files:

8. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I'm up for anything really for the endurance races, but probably GTE/HPD in solo. Does anyone know if iRating is counted in enduros now?

9. ShadniX

ShadniX Core

Yes, it is.

10. Ryan Walker

Ryan Walker Casual

I could be up for doing the endurance race at Le Mans in the Ferrari 488 GTE but doubt I would get much time to practice.

The race during the evening UK time would probably suit me better.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  11. Deb

Deb Moderator

Well, if there are 6 that are interested, that is at least 2 teams. I'd be better off in the Ferrari GTE as I have no real experience in the HPD.

12. Brainling

Brainling Core

I've driven the HPD and I could co-pilot it if someone was super interested in driving it, but I'd rather drive the 488. I know the 488 like the back of my hand so I don't need a ton of prep time with it.

e: Also since iRating is calculated in these races now, we should keep iRatings close together. If the gap is too large between two drivers than the higher iRating driver is basically giving away iR.

13. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

it's just 6 hours right? wouldn't teams of 2 be better? i'd rather have a team of 2.

14. Slider

Slider Hardcore

Bleh....iRating counts...I might still do it, but in GTE Ferrari then.

15. Deb

Deb Moderator

I can do a team of 2 if we switch off and I don't have to drive 3 hours straight.

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  16. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

I will run alone.I know I will lose IR but I don't care to much

17. Deb

Deb Moderator

That setup works, was in a session with 102F track temperature and seems to be fine even with the zero wing.

18. Brainling

Brainling Core

Set seemed fine, except that I dropped it to low friction pads which felt a lot better to me.

19. Deb

Deb Moderator

Do you guys want to do any practicing? Generally around for PP so could do then instead of Suzuka but can practice in evening Tuesday/Thursday as well.

20. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'll be practicing most of this week, plus I'm going to run the solo race a couple of times for some race experience.

Have we decided how we want to split teams up yet? I think we've all decided on the 488 GTE, unless there is an HPD lurker I'm unaware of.