1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

iRacing Petit Le Mans 30 Sept- Oct 1st *Team Thread*

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Only a couple of team events left for 2017!

Firstly, thanks go out to @Ryan Walker for starting the original thread in good time and apologies on behalf of all the mods for not getting on with this part sooner :$

We move on to Road Atlanta In Hall County, Georgia for the 10 hour Petit Le Mans event.

Petit_le_mans_2011_logo.jpg

3 Different classes on this 2.54 mile (4.1 Km) roller coaster track which should make things pretty exciting!

_Road_Atlanta-2009-09-26t.jpg
    The weather and time of day for this race should be Default weather and Afternoon.

There are 2 Races:

First and most likely the Racespot broadcast one is at 13:00 GMT on Saturday 30th September.
    Second race should be at 01:00 GMT on Sunday 1st October.

The car choices are as follows, if your name is not down and you wish to drive please add your name to the thread ASAP as we have less than a week to go to organise people into teams, I will assume for now that everyone is doing the 13:00 GMT race , so please let me know if you want to do the later one instead/also.

3 cars in the GT3 class:

Audi R8 LMS:
    audi.jpg
    Drivers :

Ferrari 488 GT3:
    F488GT3.jpg
    Drivers:
    @Ryan Walker 2nd choice, 21:00 GMT onwards
    @Deb 1st choice 3-4 hours available whole event.
    @Bedo 1st choice available first 2 stints.
    @reid 1st choice available 1st 6 hours.

Mercedes AMG GT3:
    Merc GT3.jpg
    Drivers:
    2 Cars for GTE:

Ferrari 488 GTE:
    f488GTE.jpg
    Drivers:
    @Deb 2nd choice 3-4 hours available whole event.
    @Bedo 2nd choice available first 2 stints.
    @reid 2nd choice available 1st 6 hours.

Ford GT 2017:
    Ford .jpg
    @Ryan Walker 1st choice, 21:00 GMT onwards
    @Brainling 1st choice available whole event.
    @Jes_971 1st choice available whole event.

Drivers:
    Finally one prototype car:

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype:
    C7jpg.jpg
    Drivers: @Nejtun available entire event for as many stints as required.

NO car choice yet but wanting to race:
    @SavreticD (Back-up Driver if needed)
    @Skid_Marc_

Thanks also to Deb for providing any possible Ferrari drivers with setups for the events ( all setups will be at the bottom of this first post).

For now everyone will have a TBA tag next to their name until they confirm the car choices and availability.

This is a 10 hour race so please also show what times you are available so the person making the schedule doesn't have to rush around at the last minute. Please put your times in GMT to avoid confusion for the person making the schedule.

*******Please note******** The warm-up may be one hour instead of 30 minutes in which case all stints will start 30 minutes later !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Ryan Walker, ElektroVodka and Duke like this.
  2. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Ryan Walker there are 8 Ryan Walkers on iRacing, please let me know which one you are so we can invite you to a team

3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Available for the events entirety and as many stints as needed. Sat. or Sun. doesn't matter to me.

@Brainling VRS set sounds good

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Nejtun likes this.
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

Also available for the entire event, Saturday or Sunday. Plan is to race the event in the Ford with @Jes_971 as he wanted to do a two person team.

Nejtun likes this.
  5. Deb

Deb Moderator

Wyatt sent me a revised setup for the 488 GT3 last night following the BOP. I will test it tonight.

Attached Files:

John Navara and Nejtun like this.
  6. Deb

Deb Moderator

I think this setup is better with wing 4 versus wing 5, but otherwise seems good.

7. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

What will Marc do,did he decide?

8. Deb

Deb Moderator

Here is a new set for the 488 GT3 from Wyatt. This is a BSS set so has BSS fuel if any of you are racing BSS in the 488.

Attached Files:

9. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Duke I cannot access " more options " to attach any more files to my original post , please swap out the GT3 set that deb posted above for the R2 GT3 set in my post if you can :)
    Thanks !

10. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Only 3 days left before the race mates! :)
    Going to have to make the end of Wednesday 27th September (UK) the Cut off point for organising teams.

So far it is going to be

Ferrari GT3:
    @Deb
    @reid
    @Bedo
    @Ryan Walker

Ford GT 2017:
    @Jes_971
    @Brainling

Corvette DP:
    @Nejtun

Unassigned:
    @Skid_Marc_
    @SavreticD
    @John Navara

Please can one person from each team provide the CSV file from fuel buddy for a full fuel run for the car you are using,

Make the settings in fuel buddy in litres , with highest fuel consumption and race duration of 600 minutes with no limit on tank capacity, Thanks! :)

11. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

********************** QUALIFY**********************
    The Qualifying sessions go off at 5 past the hour every hour and last for 45 minutes, please make sure someone who is registering the team gets a qualifying time in as there is NO 'IN SESSION QUALIFYING'.

12. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

To make life easier, please provide the following info for your team :)

average lap time for your team,
    time to change tyres*
    time to fill full fuel *

* if these are done at the same time for your car please say the total pitstop length! :)

13. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

14. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Dunno yet, Marc was unwell recently I will ask him when he is back around

SavreticD likes this.
  15. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Im in for the DP, sure! I had originally planned to NOT race it, but that was Pre-GTE and Ferrari GT3 hype.

Jes_971 and Nejtun like this.
  16. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

I cannot Edit my previous posts so the current list looks like this:

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE 2
    Ferrari GT3:
    @Deb
    @reid
    @Bedo
    @Ryan Walker

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE
    Ford GT 2017:
    @Jes_971
    @Brainling

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE 3
    Corvette DP:
    @Nejtun
    @Skid_Marc_

Unassigned:
    @SavreticD
    @John Navara

I have sent Noel most of the information we need, who has kindly agreed to do the stint lists (thanks @Noodleguitar so if team Ford and Team Ferrari would get the CSV from fuel buddy and their average laptimes to me ASAP it would be appreciated. I already have the pitstop time and fuel and tyre change times for both of those cars so just those two bits of information thanks!

If anybody is without a team confirmation or not included at all and would like to be then please let me know by the end of the 27th September ( During practice pals at the very latest please :) )

I have put the teams you should use for each car based on the fact that you are already members of those teams ;) I can also add Ryan when I find out who he is :D

@Ryan Walker still need to know which Ryan walker you are on iRacing please mate so we can throw you a team invite!

17. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Ryan Walker and Nejtun like this.
  18. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Cheers Marc, got him and invited! I believe that is the almost everyone that expressed an interest in driving. Just @John Navara who was in the original thread that i haven't heard from yet.

19. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

@Skid_Marc_ we'll have to run your Black on Blue Ford GTE paint because I still am not anywhere near ready on the regular Red on Black Endurance theme at this time. My apologies all but I've been living at work and will be until sometime December it looks like.

@Nejtun, thanks for keeping on top of this, very well organized!

20. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Duke no problem at all, If I could just ask you to do the names on the Ferrari and C7 after practice pals ( not directly after lol, just before Saturday please ) as that is the cut-off time I gave for people to speak up if their teams are not correct!

I am also having editing(time-out maybe?) issues, obviously not a topic for this thread but as I have your attention I thought I would bring it up ;)