1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

iRacing pre-Season 2 BoP

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Noodleguitar, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Mar 19, 2014
    Some interesting updates. 15 kilograms for the Audi is a lot. Normally they buff/nerf in increments of 5 kg which is already noticeable.

It looks like they made the BMW a bit too good in the previous update. Now you give up a lot of safety while running low wing but you get less speed back. It seems they want to keep the car good at high-downforce cornering.

What I'm understanding from the Ferrari change is that the aerodynamics now push the car down more in the rear, making it more stable and possibly more understeering. Doesn't mean you cannot counter this with increased rake.

Whether the McLaren change made it the underdog again I don't know, I didn't look at it between the two BoPs.

The speed of the Mercedes has not been increased, except it gained a little cornering speed it seems. But with the changes to the other cars it could be evenly matched now.

And the Ford... they probably forgot about it, and I don't blame them.
    SavreticD, Duke and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  2. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

May 31, 2017
    The worst thing about Merc is its faster without bump stops but the car doesn't feel good for me like that.Maybe I'm just not used to it, not sure :(
  3. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Dec 18, 2011
    rofl, couldn't agree more.

I like the change to the Merc so I hope the weight gain and slight nerf in the Audi/BMW doesn't make it OP again.

The thing that was killing me the most was how much I had to baby the throttle through the corner delaying my input on exit. I just could not get the car to settle through any corner and either suffered understeer, oversteer or both.

For me the last update is the worst the Mercedes has felt since launch.
    Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  4. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Feb 19, 2015
    Well based on Twitch streams, the BOP didn't knock the Audi into oblivion, by any means. It is going to be hard to tell exactly how the BOP change really effected things until next week at Bathurst, when the cars can really stretch their legs.

Oultan Park still continues to be dominated by BMW's and Audi's, currently. The Mercedes appears to be up there, thanks to the BOP, though. Seeing more and more towards the top of practice sessions on Twitch. I think the weak duckling race will be between the Ferrari and the McLaren. I haven't seen any McLaren's at Oultan Park, but I think it is just because of the track, and the Ferrari seems to really struggle with low corner speeds and over-steer on exit.

However, the people that I have watched drive the Ferrari aren't usually regulars in it. I'm more interested to see how @afroducks gets on in League tonight, since he's kind of been the benchmark for Ferrari this whole season!
    Noodleguitar likes this.