1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[League] B2O Blancpain Sprint Series - Season 1 Week 2 - December 22, 2017

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Dec 19, 2017.

?

Week 2 Track Selection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2017.
  1. [iRacing BSS Official] Sebring International Raceway - International Course

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Sebring International Raceway - Modified Course

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Sebring International Raceway - Club Course

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

You are right Noel,I dont brake hard,most of the fast guys doesnt press 100% ever,maybe if you are going 280kmh with higher wing and then only on initial brake input.In iracing it seems 80% is 100%,at least I found that.More than that ABS kick in and that is not really good.Now im using 11 or 10 ABS and car is stopping better,on Monza with low wing I used 8 ABS just because car couldnt stop,low wing,no downforce so ABS was working to much

So I need to learn myself to brake initially harder,just a little bit harder,80% in iRacing, then it will be ok but I found I brake less and less harder when I'm driving a long time,more than 2h,maybe HE Pros are to hard and no power in my legs after 2h :)

Driving stile is hard to change but not impossible.
    For example Volker,when we meet he was really slow,slower than now but he watched replays,telemetry,VRS videos,he evaluates every crash,he ask for help etc and now he has so good driving technique,better than me.He is slower just because he still didnt learn racecraft and things like that,time is needed,just time. When you check his telemetry its spot on,trail braking,perfect on telemetry and Im sure with that technique he will go faster and faster

So my problem is that and over slowing car in corners.I mastered slow in fast out,so much faster than fast in slow out,now I need to learn fast in fast out,that is hardest to learn,missing time from VRS for mi is here,on entry and mid corner speed,when I learn that,if ever I learn that I will be on VTS laptimes but like I said,that is hardest to learn

From what I saw slower drivers are doing opposite,they enter fast and slow out but if they try slow in fast out it would be so much better and faster.I noticed that when Im behind slower driver,in most cases they overshoot corner,its easy to pass them like that BUT if they enter slow or slowly I need to brake early and if they exit fast It would be much harder for me to pass.
    This is just advice from me,I would be so happy if somebody faster would help me to go faster but its hard to find that on level where I am,in the middle of slow and fast guys

2. Deb

Deb Moderator

Thanks guys, I agree, in a real car, generally initial very hard braking into the corner. Perhaps for iRacing it is different so messes with what you are taught on the real track. I am working on trying to read telemetry better. The Nord is hard since there are so many corners, what you do in each corner becomes automatic, like you don't think about it and when you try to change one corner, it throws off the rhythm. So when changing, I try to work on only a couple of changes in particular slower corners and get that before I move to the next.

I totally agree on slow in fast out is better and later develop fast in fast out. Otherwise, you overdrive the car. I don't think I am dragging the brake as much as I am bleeding the throttle, but I will keep reviewing the telemetry. I want to look at Daytona as well, since that is such a short track, it might be easier to fix issues, or at least there will be less to fix :)

3. ShadniX

ShadniX Core

Oooops - thanks for mentioning that. I'll check my pedals. Now, it would be great if that would translate to a 1-2% faster lap times once I got this fixed, but I doubt it is gonna work that way.

Noodleguitar and SavreticD like this.
  4. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Np Hans,well I think you will go faster,how much I dont know but it cant be slower I think :)