[League] B2O GTE Sprint Series - Week 7 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix - January 25th, 2019

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
LEAGUE Race: January 25th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST / 12:30am GMT
PracticePals: Monday January 21st and Wednesday January 23rd - 8:00pm EST (January 8th and 10th - 1:00am GMT)
Cars: GTE
(Ferrari 458 GTE, Ford GT - 2017, Porsche 911 RSR)
Week 4 Track: Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix
League Page: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/LeagueView.do?league=1584

Stepping back into Week 6 to pick up Brands Hatch, which means we won't be able to use official servers. Instead, I'll put up a 4-hour practice session tonight starting @ 7:30 PM EST (12:30a GMT). Hope to see you all in Teamspeak later!

Ferrari 488 GTE
George Bates
Lee Belcher​
Linux Dominique Drole
Debra Bennett​
John Fleuret
Arjuna Kankipati2
Nöel Lüneburg
Hans Mohr
Kathy Smith
Ford GT - 2017
Marc Gammack
Davey Riendeau​
Elliot Roberts​
Porsche RSR GTE
Michael Belyea​
Nejtun Cameron​
Mike King4​
Matthey A. Holmes​
Ken Lindberg
Denis Savretic

2019 Season 1 IMSA Schedule;
Week 2: Road Atlanta - Full Course
Week 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
Week 6: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course
Week 7: Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix
Week 8: Twin Ring Motegi - Grand Prix​
Week 9: Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix​
Week 10: Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Grand Prix​
Week 11: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Endurance​
Week 12: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - BES/WEC​

2019 Season 1 iRLMS Schedule;
Week 1: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
Week 3: Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix
Week 5: Twin Ring Motegi - Grand Prix
Week 6: Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix - [Special Event]
Week 7: Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Grand Prix
Week 8: Road America - Full Course​
Week 9: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course​
Week 10: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Grand Prix Pits​
Week 11: Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans - 24 Heures du Mans​
Week 12: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix​

League consists of 2 sessions as follows:
  1. Open Qualify Session: Full Fuel - 7:30 PM EDT (60 minutes). Drivers must record a clean lap within 103% of the fastest recorded lap time. Those who cannot do so are placed at the tail end of the field for the Qualify Race.
  2. Race ("Opt In" Inverse Grid determined by Qualify Race): Full Fuel - 20:40 EDT (60 minutes = 10 minute Warm Up + 50 minute Race). Grid is set by results from Qualify Race. One Pit Stop is required for tires only between the 25-30 minute mark (25-20 minutes remaining).
Pit Window: 5 minutes in duration. Drivers must pit for tires within this window or incur a penalty. Pit Stop is only required in the Main Race.

Fast Repair: One fast repair is available. If taken outside of Pit Window Driver must perform a drive through penalty within Pit Window.

Scoring:

GOLD Championship
What makes Band of Others League unique is our ongoing commitment to provide scoring options that allow Drivers of all pace to score well.

All bonuses (and penalties) are geared toward rewarding people for clean driving and participation.

Scoring is % based on number of laps completed. All Drivers must complete 80% of the Leaders laps to achieve maximum points.

Main Race Scoring: Race winner is scored 50 points + 1 bonus point, all positions following are scored -1 point from the previous position.

Bonuses:
  • + 1 point for Race winner.
  • + 3 points for Race finish.
  • + 5 points for Race finish with 0 incident points.
Penalties:
  • - 3 points for every 10 incidents.
  • Car contact resulting in loss of control (drive through penalty).
NOTE: All drive through penalties MUST be served within 3 laps of offence.

Drop Weeks:
  • 1 drop week will be included after 6 rounds are completed.
  • 2 drop weeks will be included if 10 or more rounds are completed.

PLATINUM Championship
A more straight-forward non-handicapped championship. This championship follows the FIA 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 points format.

Bonuses:
  • +1 Started on Pole
  • +1 Led One or More Laps
  • +1 Led Most Laps

BRONZE Championship
W.I.P.

Open Setups:

If you have a good setup please post it here.

If you are unwilling or unable to share your setup with other League Drivers then you are not permitted to use it during League events.

Car Selection:

All Drivers have until Week 4 to test different cars and still be scored in League.

Starting Week 5 you must commit to one car for the remainder of the Season else you will not score points.

After Week 5, you are allowed to change your car at any time in the season, but you will forfeit any points scored in a race not completed in your Week 5 car.

Track Selection:
The B2O Sprint Series league tries to follow the iRacing Official schedule to make preparing for each week as easy and accessible as possible. GTE cars are utilized in two different series, which allows us a little leeway in track selection each week!

After each race, participants will be a polled to select the track for the following week. (ie. Our track selection for 2019 Season 1 Week 1 is between [IMSA] Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Grand Prix and [iRLMS] Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix

See you on the track!

Don't forget about Practice Pals every Monday and Wednesday 8:00p EST (Tuesday and Thursday 1:00a GMT)!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Was a great race between myself and @Nejtun.

Sorry I turned you Nejt but what was cool about it was how gentlemanly it turned out to be. I sat there and waited for you and then you waited in the Pits for me so we could finish off what we'd started.

Honestly would have loved to have not made that error but still a very good race nonetheless.

Big_J_29

Casual
Sorry for being MIA Friday fellas, wife had plans she insisted I be a part of, LOL. What track got the vote for this week?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I don't think we got that far as only 5 cars grid.

I don't want to put words in @Skid_Marc_'s mouth so don't quote me but I think we're contemplating running official races instead of League on Fridays.

Our numbers are just too low to support a League which is why we discontinued the Blancpain Series previously.

In my opinion, if we cannot field a dozen or so Drivers weekly then there's no point in putting time and finances into a League.

We all get into these things with the best of intentions and the numbers reflect this at the beginning of a Season. By the midway point however we're lucky to get 6 - 8 Drivers weekly.

I think we'd all benefit from either running in the Ferrari GT3 Fixed Series on Fridays and/or the Cadillac Fixed.

Once our numbers come up we can revisit our own League but until then my vote is to put it on ice for now.

Big_J_29

Casual
I don't think we got that far as only 5 cars grid.

I don't want to put words in @Skid_Marc_'s mouth so don't quote me but I think we're contemplating running official races instead of League on Fridays.

Our numbers are just too low to support a League which is why we discontinued the Blancpain Series previously.

In my opinion, if we cannot field a dozen or so Drivers weekly then there's no point in putting time and finances into a League.

We all get into these things with the best of intentions and the numbers reflect this at the beginning of a Season. By the midway point however we're lucky to get 6 - 8 Drivers weekly.

I think we'd all benefit from either running in the Ferrari GT3 Fixed Series on Fridays and/or the Cadillac Fixed.

Once our numbers come up we can revisit our own League but until then my vote is to put it on ice for now.

I completely agree, as I am one who has had issues that you and I discussed with showing up I feel as guilty for the low turnout numbers as anyone else, with that being said I would completely support doing the Ferrari fixed on Friday nights so we could have a full field and better enjoy the time invested. At my current licence level Fixed would be my best bet for league participation until I get a higher licence which running Ferrari fixed on Fridays would help.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
No need to feel guilty at all.

We all have lives and that should always take priority over gaming.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads