1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[League] iRacing Season 2 Race 10 - B2O Blancpain Sprint Series - May 19, 2017

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Zac_Sonic, May 19, 2017.

1. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

Whoops, sorry guys! Super late on this one...

We're heading off to the Nürburgring tonight, so I guess there is nothing else to really say except...

...Good Luck!

Championship Standings

League Format:

Open Qualify Session: Full Fuel
    - 7:30 PM EST (60 minutes). Drivers must record a clean lap within 103% of the fastest recorded lap time. Those who cannot do so are placed at the tail end of the field for the Qualify Race.

Qualify Race: Full Fuel
    - 8:30 PM EST (30 minutes - 10 minute Warm Up + 20 minute Sprint Race). "Opt In" Inverse Grid based off results from Open Qualifier. Drivers outside of the 103% rule are automatically placed at the tail end of the field.

Main Race: Full Fuel - 9:10 PM EST (60 minutes - 10 minute Warm Up + 50 minute Race). Grid is set by results from Qualify Race. One Pit Stop is required for tires only at the 25 minute mark.

Pit Window is only 5 minutes in duration.

Open Setups:

If you have a good setup please post it here.

If you are unwilling or unable to share your setup with other League Drivers then you are not permitted to use it during League events.

Some things to keep in mind for the new season:
    • Car Selection: You have from Week 1 to Week 4 to run different cars, and see which car you plan to run for the season! Starting Week 5; you must commit to one car, and you will only score points in THAT car for the rest of the season. After Week 5, you are allowed to change your car at any time in the season, but you will forfeit any points scored in a race not completed in your Week 5 car.
    • Track Selection: B2O Blancpain Sprint Series attempts to follow the official iRacing Blancpain Sprint Series for its seasonal schedule. However, we may hold a poll offering to change the layout/track pending the following conditions:
      • We want to encourage close and competitive racing, so we may offer a shorter version of a race track to keep the cars closer together. ie, if the official series is at "Suzuka - Grand Prix" Layout, we may offer the choice to run the "Suzuka - East" or "Suzuka - West" layouts to keep the cars closer together.
      • Some tracks bomb with a large portion of the community, so we may fall back on a community favorite if no one wants to run the track that the Official iRacing BSS is running
      • IMPORTANT: The Official iRacing BSS track of that week will ALWAYS be the Default track for the B2O Blancpain Sprint Series, it will ALWAYS be included as Choice #1 in the poll.

Duke and Noodleguitar like this.
  2. Dominik

Dominik Casual

Sorry for missing out the last 2 races but I'm definitly in today :D

Zac_Sonic and Noodleguitar like this.
  3. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

@Dominik, please accept the League invitation. I accidentally booted you when I was cleaning up the roster a week or so ago.

Did you not receive my confirmation e-mail and iRacing Private Message?

4. Deb

Deb Moderator

Guys, question. I ran another race on the Nord this afternoon. Really EPIC race for me! The session split so was 3rd on grid and started there since starting in the pits wouldn't make sense. Prior to pitting I was 2nd. Came out of the pits in 4th and first and second positions were then way ahead of me. They make you take fuel but I also thought you had to take tires. Do you not have to replace tires and will that save significant time??? I seemed to have really lost time in the pits, a one minute pit. Others must not have pitted for that long.

Good news is I caught the #3 car, a BMW, on the back straight in the last lap after chasing him close for 3 laps, so I finished 3rd :) Better news, my IR is now 1617 :D But I probably should have finished 2nd if it weren't for the pit.

5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

No you never take tires. We only do this in League as the real world Blancpain Sprint Series is not a fuel stop race, it's a Pit Stop for Driver and tire change only.

I guess iRacing can't force tire changes so they opted to start you fuel limited to force a Pit Stop.

6. Brainling

Brainling Core

Don't worry Deb, I very seriously considered taking tires in my Nord's BSS race this morning. The last couple of laps were like racing on ice. I finished 6th though, and passed for it on the final lap on the back straight. Stuck like glue to 6th bumper all the way through the back half of Nords and then did the sling shot past him on the straight to take the spot on the last lap. My hands were shaking a little from the adrenaline rush.

Highest finishing McLaren in my split :D

7. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Taking four tires takes ~27 seconds, so you could do it if you have a ~20 second lead.

8. Deb

Deb Moderator

That's awesome!!!!! I know, I walked out of the rig shaking as well, totally an adrenaline rush :) At one point, I thought should I play it conservative and not drive balls to the wall because 4th place was clinched absent a wreck, I was about 5 seconds behind him. I knew he had aero damage so I decided to push, this time it worked out :D

9. Deb

Deb Moderator

And then I went to dinner and saw this interesting sign across the street o_O

funny sign.jpg