1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[League] iRacing Season 2 Race 9 - B2O Blancpain Sprint Series - May 12, 2017

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Zac_Sonic, May 12, 2017.

?

Week 9 Track Selection

1. Twin Ring Motegi [Official BSS]

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Lime Rock Park

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Laguna Seca

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. Summit Point

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

One final trip around the globe takes us back to Japan! Two hours up the "Jōban-dō" from Tokyo, we find ourselves at Twin Ring Motegi! This motor-sport complex features both a 2.45 km (1.52 mile) oval, and a 4.8 km (2.98 mile) road course which overlap each other. The circuit was originally built by Honda in 1997 to bring American oval racing to Japan, including CART (and later Indycar 'til 2010) and NASCAR (which only hosted one exhibition race in 1999). Today, the relatively flat road course sees the most use each year playing host to the Formula Nippon, Super GT and MotoGP series.

Tonight's race will be at night, and with Motegi's notoriously smooth asphalt, please watch out for the slick racing conditions!

Catch you guys on track!

Championship Standings

League Format:

Open Qualify Session: Full Fuel
    - 7:30 PM EST (60 minutes). Drivers must record a clean lap within 103% of the fastest recorded lap time. Those who cannot do so are placed at the tail end of the field for the Qualify Race.

Qualify Race: Full Fuel
    - 8:30 PM EST (30 minutes - 10 minute Warm Up + 20 minute Sprint Race). "Opt In" Inverse Grid based off results from Open Qualifier. Drivers outside of the 103% rule are automatically placed at the tail end of the field.

Main Race: Full Fuel - 9:10 PM EST (60 minutes - 10 minute Warm Up + 50 minute Race). Grid is set by results from Qualify Race. One Pit Stop is required for tires only at the 25 minute mark.

Pit Window is only 5 minutes in duration.

Open Setups:

If you have a good setup please post it here.

If you are unwilling or unable to share your setup with other League Drivers then you are not permitted to use it during League events.

Some things to keep in mind for the new season:
    • Car Selection: You have from Week 1 to Week 4 to run different cars, and see which car you plan to run for the season! Starting Week 5; you must commit to one car, and you will only score points in THAT car for the rest of the season. After Week 5, you are allowed to change your car at any time in the season, but you will forfeit any points scored in a race not completed in your Week 5 car.
    • Track Selection: B2O Blancpain Sprint Series attempts to follow the official iRacing Blancpain Sprint Series for its seasonal schedule. However, we may hold a poll offering to change the layout/track pending the following conditions:
      • We want to encourage close and competitive racing, so we may offer a shorter version of a race track to keep the cars closer together. ie, if the official series is at "Suzuka - Grand Prix" Layout, we may offer the choice to run the "Suzuka - East" or "Suzuka - West" layouts to keep the cars closer together.
      • Some tracks bomb with a large portion of the community, so we may fall back on a community favorite if no one wants to run the track that the Official iRacing BSS is running
      • IMPORTANT: The Official iRacing BSS track of that week will ALWAYS be the Default track for the B2O Blancpain Sprint Series, it will ALWAYS be included as Choice #1 in the poll.

Nejtun and Duke like this.
  2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Do we want to add a few tracks to vote on this week @Zac_Sonic?

The only reason I ask is nobodies really put any time into here as it's not high on the favorites list and I know @Kinger doesn't even own the track.

3. Zac_Sonic

Zac_Sonic Staff Member Admin

Bumped with poll!

Duke likes this.
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

Voted for Summit and Laguna. I enjoy the hell out of both and will drive either happily.

5. Deb

Deb Moderator

I don't think I'll be able to race tonight. I've been told I have to go to a graduation :( Will try to make it home in time for the last race but not sure that will happen, so I'm not going to vote.

6. Kinger

Kinger Casual

Hey hey, don't feel on account of me not owning a track you shouldn't race there :). Wherever we end up racing I'm gonna try it in VR so I apologize now for any messes that may occur. In fact, I'd like to request now to start at the back of the pack (if I'm not there anyway) in both races to lessen my chances of ruining anyone else's race.

7. Duke

Despite what everyone else says, I think you're important enough to make this small sacrifice Mike. :)

8. Kinger

Kinger Casual

Man Ken must REALLY hate Motegi at night :)

9. Duke

Not really, I just hate you less ;)

10. Deb

Deb Moderator

Okay, okay, all you guys can say I told you so :) Did two races on the Nord this week so far, started in the pits, got 8th Tuesday and 5th tonight! Single split both times! My iRating is now 1565, up from 1430 and SR is back to 4.99 :D:D:D

Kinger, Noodleguitar and Zac_Sonic like this.