1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Money spent on iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Kenadian, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

I was perusing my iRacing Account today and decided to click on the "Order History" Tab. Just out of curiosity I thought I'd punch the numbers into a calculator and came up with $568.37 spent on iRacing since late January 2014.

I'm pretty sure that's USD as well so with exchange it gets worse lol.

:icon_eek:

How much money have you spent in iRacing?

...not including peripherals of course.

2. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Damn it Duke. Why would you start such a depressing thread? I can't believe it, honestly. I'm at 384.84.

Amazingly, somehow I only have half a dozen road tracks left to purchase.

3. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

I know, right?

I was blown away that it was that high. :icon_confused:

4. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

88 buckies and i have a feeling that might rise :)

5. Wapwap

Wapwap Staff Member Admin

Only $79.33! But then again, I only raced for about 6 months (and mainly Mazda's).

6. Doc

Doc Core

Only roughly 3 weeks into iRacing and already some $300+. I think I have most, if not all of the road tracks already. I just buy in like 5 or 6 piece increments so if there is a car and or track that I want, I make sure to get other cars/tracks for the discount.

7. Slider

Slider Hardcore

US$451.29 ...hot damn..

8. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

One season down and, apparently, I have an iRacing based complex or disorder because I've dropped $657.59 :p

Only a couple road tracks left to go, and then it's all about them ovals to make the 100% club. :icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool:

9. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Gotta love the catchy "Buy more to Save more" promo's! They are the best... lol

btw, glad to see you got your acct fixed, Doc, welcome to the forums! :D

10. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

This just makes me further believe they need to have the Audi on iRacing... I mean between just us we've spend something like 2k

11. Fireblade

Fireblade Core

This thread is effectively birth control for Iracing.

12. Peeble

Peeble Core

$421.87, haven't even had my account a year. Ouch.

13. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Yeah there goes the rest of our converts...

14. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

$27.-

I must have bought around 25 other games using the $400 that I didn't spend on Iracing :D

15. Doc

Doc Core

Thanks Zac. I've had a blast with you guys on TS the last few nights and I'm looking forward to good times ahead. Thanks again Duke for getting me squared away on the site.

16. little P

little P Super Mod

Oh the Mazda's, fun times.

Remember this? :p

[video=youtube;C4BnAHQROMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4BnAHQROMw[/video]

17. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I think also related to this subject, how many official laps have you turned? Unfortunately no way to count league sessions.

And naturally by extension, what is the price you pay per lap?? I have a total of 1,089 laps. So at 384 bucks, I've paid to this day about 35 cents per lap!

On a side note, they really need to implement league standings, past league race results and other stats to your personal career page.

18. Wapwap

Wapwap Staff Member Admin

lol, ofcourse I remember that. You just made me watch that video again :p

19. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Oops, $ 579.78. But that will get me well into 2016 before I have to renew my subscription. I also have nearly all the road tracks and most cars so I still see it as an investment. Considering how many hours I've already put in and how many hours I'm still planning on driving I think the price is not that ridiculous.

At least my lap efficiency is better than Daunt's :p. I've paid 12 cents per lap until now, over 4833 official laps.

20. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Good news (and since we were talking about it yesterday)

I made some of my money back! 1 Year anniversary credits! Can't believe it's been a year already. Wow. And I'm barely any better than I was.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016