Money spent on iRacing

You need to spend much more time in Practice Pals with us you putz! I guarantee you'll improve on virtually every single aspect of Racecraft by being there week in and week out.

I remember prior to Practice Pals always hovering around the bottom 10% of track times in busy Practice Sessions, now I'm almost always in the Top 10 or just outside of it.

Every single lap I turn with you guys is not just a learning experience, it's immeasurably entertaining.

Commit yourself ID, it's the only way! :D
I know I need to try and dedicate mondays to PP. Also I find I fatigue pretty quick playing iracing. Not sure if it's my seat or what but much more than an hour and I am done trying.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
The best way to wake up is to get up every 30 minutes or so. Get some water or something else and then get back to it.

If I really want to wake up I'll sometimes rattle off some push ups.

Time for some necromancy!!!!!

I remember talking about this during the Bathurst 12hr so I thought I'd resurrect this thread and update my own stats.

Without factoring in subscription fees and account re-loads, I tallied up my content only purchases. I'm sitting at $812.05 for content only. I'll update later with the recharges and subscription fees factored in.

Content - $812.05

Deb

I have no idea and would hate to tally it up, but when I compare it to other sims like RaceRoom or Asseto Corsa, there is no comparison for multiplayer racing. As much as we complain, iRacing just works :) Hey, and if wasn't iRacing, it would be something else, probably more insidious.

Thanks for bringing this back up as I too remember talking about it during bathurst. I’m currently sitting at $1055.17 usd. Or $1321 Canadian . A friend asked me the other day what would happen if iracing just went belly up one day. Scary thought for me as I don’t play any other games making my wheel and pedals and rig pretty much useless too.

It is expensive no question about it. However, I try to rationalize it in cost of use and how many hours I've enjoyed the sim vs what I've paid.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Current Breakdown of iRacing.com Expenses:

Cart Orders: $1,095.19 (Cars/Tracks)
Subscriptions: $158.23
Acct Recharge: $434.00 (Hosted Sessions / Subs / Cart Orders)
Total = $1687.42

Total is $987.03 since 2014, so like $250 a year. Ouch. And I don't even have time to race anymore.

Though comparing hours, I have 720 hours logged on Steam (I had probably a few hundred before iRacing got Steam support) so just using that it's a little over $1 per hour.

928 total according to my order history. That counts a couple of 100 for 75 credit buys as well.

Thanks for bringing this back up as I too remember talking about it during bathurst. I’m currently sitting at $1055.17 usd. Or $1321 Canadian . A friend asked me the other day what would happen if iracing just went belly up one day. Scary thought for me as I don’t play any other games making my wheel and pedals and rig pretty much useless too.
I wouldn't worry about this too much. iRacing is profitable and and stable. It's still very unique in the space and offers something that no one to date has replicated: Online drop-in racing that isn't a complete and utter shit show (as much as we complain about it at times).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipeshmetier
Top Bottom