1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Postponing League for the Endurance Season

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Kenadian, Aug 3, 2018.

?

Do we suspend League during the Endurance Season?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

Hello all,

Lately we've had some of the lowest populated grids in our B2O Blancpain Sprint Series League for iRacing since inception. This particular Season I believe has already seen us skip a Friday due to the 24 hours of Spa and run 2 Qualify Races because there wasn't enough people to populate the Main Race.

Several comments addressing reasoning have been raised such as Practicing for Endurance, VLN, and Summer Holidays, all good reasons.

From a personal standpoint I'm neutral on whether we continue but in saying that if I'm footing the bill for a minimum of 3 Sessions I want to see cars on track. Also I'm sure it's boring as hell to tune in on Twitch and see nothing, viewers have the rest of the week to see that on my Channel lol.

I'll add a Poll to this but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you.

2. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Makes sense to suspend it for now. I can't see any reason why the coming weeks would suddenly be more populated, unless it's a very popular track.

We have to keep in mind that it might be difficult to start this back up again later since it won't be a regular thing anymore for people.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Big_J_29

Big_J_29 Casual

I see how it is, I give you boys a taste of the fury at Brands Hatch in the Macca (of course I am referring to the blazing start and the turn 1 close visual inspection of said outside retaining walls) and everyone gets scared and bails on the season. HAHAHAHA

In all seriousness, I think postponing until after summer would be a wise decision, just not worth it to have 6 cars on track especially when I am counted as one of the six. Anyone that likes this group and enjoys their time spent with said group will be back to the league and hopefully with strong participation. I know over the last week I have driven more than I have in any other week since I started iRacing in December and it was with the intent to get up to a more competitive pace with you lot so that being said I am going nowhere and look forward to the start of the next league season. If by chance we start again and have low turn out then we can address other options at that time but I feel people will be back.

4. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Im sorry,I had some races in last few weeks, different cars so I couldn't race in B2O

5. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

No need to apologize at all @SavreticD.

Expecting the League to be populated week in and week out with a healthy grid was a great idea but maybe not yet feasible for a Community of our size. Even though we have a fair amount of iRacers here many of us have different interests and should not feel obligated 48 Fridays out of the year.

I know it's tough for me to do so I can imagine it being challenging for others.

I think it's best we table the League until we have a bit larger audience here and perhaps look at either reviving it or even creating another that we can populate more.

6. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I don't participate in this league, so can't say much, but postponing it to focus on the endurance season makes sense. It'll avoid diluting the participation and show the viewers something different: team racing/endurance vs solo sprint, etc.