1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Life Racing / News Thread

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Daunt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I wanted to make & sticky a thread on here so those that watch races live can share when and where - I have forgotten multiple times a race was being ran that I wanted to catch (like yesterday's Blancpain race) so maybe this will help

If you're planning to catch a race - or are watching a race - use this thread to post it!

2. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I'll start by reminding everyone this upcoming weekend is Long Beach for both IMSA (all classes EXCEPT GTD) as well as Pirelli World Challenge.

I'm not sure of the time / day for each race so I'll be checking as it gets closer.

3. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

For anyone interested https://toomuchracing.com/calendar/ has google calendars they keep updaded for a whole shwack of series. Sign up for the ones you're interested in and you have it all available.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  4. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

That's actually a pretty awesome calendar! Thanks ID

5. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

6. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  7. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

BTCC has some awesome racing. Which btw if you don't get BTCC because North America. Motortrendondemand puts up BTCC races as well as DTM, Blancpain, V8's and others.

8. Cpl. Punishment

Speaking of tin tops... did anyone else watch this live? I googled it and found it on you tube. I remember thinking at the time it was some of the cleanest, closest racing I'd ever seen (watch the replay after the finish too).

[video=youtube;hAFRS5r2g8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAFRS5r2g8E[/video]

9. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

I didn't see it live because it would have been the middle of the night for me but I definitely watched it the next day. It was an amazing drive that's for sure.

10. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I've seen this numerous times. Incredible driving that really highlights the racecraft that is V8SCs. You don't see racing like this in any other series.

11. Cpl. Punishment

Stumbled across this and it really reminded me of the Mazda Cup in iRacing :D

[video=youtube;0m-ABoHHwq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-ABoHHwq4[/video]

The pause key is useful on the 2nd watch :lol:

12. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

Someone needs to do the whole race like that.

13. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Lots of good racing going on this weekend.

Saturday - IMSA at Long Beach 7pm-9pm FS2
    Nascar at Bristol
    Supercross at St. Louis

Sunday - Formula 1 at Shanghai
    WEC at Silverstone 7-9am FS1
    9am-1pm FS2
    World Challenge at Long Beach 2-4pm CBSSN
    Indy Car at Long Beach 4:30-6:30pm CBSSN

14. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Yep Jes. Thanks for the summary! Can't wait to see them all!

15. Cpl. Punishment

http://www.btcc.net/calendar/donington/

BTCC are at Donington this weekend, Donny is always a good track for some insanely close racing on the limit.

Some highlights from the 2015 races :)

[video=youtube;5ZQlICWEvt8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQlICWEvt8[/video]

16. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I wish it was easier for me to watch the BTCC. It looks like a series that I'd watch religiously. Touring cars that put a spotlight on driver talent, not to mention a really unique format that would make for very exciting racing with multiple heats (I believe, I'm not sure familiar with it).

iRacing (if anyone from iRacing is reading this thread) should add the ability to add multiple heat races to a hosted session, rather than only 1 race.

17. Cpl. Punishment

Is this link available to you Daunt?

http://www.itv.com/hub/british-touring-car-championship-highlights/1a7783a0071

You are correct, you get to know the drivers with the coverage which is great. There are works teams and privateer teams mixing it up. Sometimes a privateer has a hero moment and wins or gets a podium finish. And yes there are 3 heats with a reverse grid for the last race of up to 10 positions determined by a random ball pick after the second race.

1st race positions decided by qualifying.

2nd race positions decided by 1st race results.

3rd race position decided by random ball pick. Whichever number comes up (between 1-10) those positions are reversed. The first and second races are almost always good and the third race is always entertaining as normally some of the cars are worse for wear and some feuds have built up which need to be sorted out :icon_twisted:

I've been to many BTCC races and let me tell you these cars sound incredible live and you can hear it with the tv coverage too :)

18. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

It asks for a sign on so I'm not sure it will work for me.

I can see how a multiple-race format would be incredible for many reasons. We'll see how much free time I can dedicate to watching the various races this weekend.

Disappointing that IMSA is not racing the GTDs at long beach on saturday, and I've had mixed feelings about the PWC this year. Some of the cars and teams took a step back.

19. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

I'm watching the in car of the Ford gt right now streamed live. I'm not sure why I don't get the broadcast until 11. Pretty cool to hear the comms for the team as well, between the driver and chief

20. Cpl. Punishment

Check out this drive from Sabine. Could watch this all day long. Incredible skill to deal with the changing conditions, surfaces, and traffic(!).

[video=youtube;qnJOC_dDXzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJOC_dDXzM[/video]