1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Life Racing / News Thread

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Daunt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

I'd say the Porche was on the outside, the onus was on him to make sure both cars got through the turn... What does he want the caddy to do? Pull up a chair and wave him through? He cut in there when he shouldn't have knowing that any contact was going to make the caddy look bad (imo).

Fun to watch though :D

I thought at the end the salty Porsche driver he was going to go all psycho weaving through the field to get to the front. Half expected him to t-bone the champ o_O

2. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

Disagree. At that point I believe the Caddy was in the process of passing and it's ALWAYS the job of the overtaking car to pass safely. Still though I don't see it as incredibly agressive and it's not as if I'd NOT put blame on either of them. I think they're both at fault.

Sorta! Though he's not the champ!
    Related, this also happened recently I believe and the driver in question was suspended indefinitely.
    http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...ion-scca-runoffs-mid-ohio-ford-mustang-100116

3. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

4. Cpl. Punishment

Ah cool I thought that guy was the champ, I don't follow this series, although I might do now it looks good!

Regarding the incident, it seems to me that the Porsche was the one overtaking not the Caddy, he was slow out of the previous turn and the Porsche was going for the overtake. The Caddy still had the inside line and the Porsche hadn't completed the pass before the turn... if you watch it again. And that other video... omfg! Maybe he thought he was playing Destruction Derby on the PS1. That's just crazy

5. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

As Noel said its real tough to tell from that angle alone, in any case. It almost looks like he completes the overtake but then the caddy gets right alongside him in the braking zone, which I said before I didn't understand why the Porsche didn't close the door. As I said I'm not sure you can blame either one of them over the other and ultimately I'm not sure how that was a 2.1 second penalty for the caddy.

PWC is ok. It doesn't compare to Blancpain though. I don't understand why the US GT3-spec series (IMSA's GTD class and PWC) are so troubled with BoP issues.

That guy waiting to crash that leader was a real dick though. Glad he was suspended indefintely. That shit is ridiculous. And the ridiculous part is something like that happened in NASCAR last year I think it was, and all he got I think was a two race suspension. Not sure if you've seen it / heard of it:

You see the huge differences in road / oval racing here on so many levels. This sort of thing is practically encouraged; NASCAR feeds off that stupid drama shit. And you look at the crowd of hicks - they love it. MOAR CRASHIN CARRRRS. On the road crash video, the entire crowd was up in arms like "WHAT IS HE DOING!?"

Noodleguitar likes this.
  6. Cpl. Punishment

Yeah I think it was more of a 2.2 second penalty myself. Maybe 2.3. But definitely not 2.1! ;)

Nascar is great, it's pretty much how a lot of Brits imagine all of America to be (obviously I know it isn't but a lot of people haven't spoke to an American in their entire lives).

YEEHAAAAAWWW!

I love Nascar though, although I only watch the highlights. I get dizzy otherwise.

7. Cpl. Punishment

btw could Jeff Gordon be any nicer. Great guy.

Anyone remember this?

8. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

He is such a classy, intelligent, well-spoken guy. Not your typical oval driver :p Always was my favorite.

Cpl. Punishment likes this.
  9. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

10. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

WOW. reports are coming through that Audi is axing their LMP1 program. What a shame... but I can't imagine how much it is costing them... LMP1 has been on a downward spiral.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/downloadAttach/2452626.page
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport/audi-le-mans-ausstieg-aus-lmp1-6372707.html

Looks like they're readying to enter F1. I'm not a fan of the move... because F1... the LMP1 machines are so different and amazing...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...-2018-will-quit-wec-endurance-racing-in-2017/

11. Daunt

Daunt MLG Pro

12. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

South Boston just got repaved recently.

iRacing pls scan

13. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

14. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Dayum, that thing looks pretty awesome.

15. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

In the days following I will be uploading some 2017 Daytona 24 videos. You know, for that hype.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  16. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

The pussy lifted in the kink!

Jes_971 likes this.
  17. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Apparently one of the Corvettes was on fire, literally, during practice

Cool Acura in-car

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  18. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Cadillac prototype walk around complete with freezing nipples.

Porsche 911 walk around

19. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Mazda walk around

20. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Qualifying Daytona 24

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017