1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Life Racing / News Thread

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Daunt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Brainling

Brainling Core

Speaking of Jeff Gordon, he's driving in the 24 this year. I didn't catch for what team, but I did see he's driving. Looked like he's driving a DP.

2. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Brainling and Noodleguitar like this.
  3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Bathurst going live in 20 min. or so for practice, qualifying and support class racing. Be there or not, idgaf. :)

Brainling likes this.
  4. Brainling

Brainling Core

The race starts in about 25 minutes, according to the international stream countdown.

5. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

shane van gisbergen drove like an asshat and then ended his own race. you'd think he was a gt3 driver in iracing.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  6. Brainling

Brainling Core

I thought running in to the Porsche was worse than looping himself. Looping himself he was just pushing hard, the leader was right there, I can forgive that. Ramming the Porsche from behind was frowny.

That said, Maro Engel is a dick. You don't throw your team mate under the bus on TV like that. Those are things you say in a private debrief, not on TV. That's just a shit teammate thing to do. If you're so angry you can't hold your tongue, just stay in the hauler.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  7. IronDiggy

IronDiggy Hardcore

I tuned in just as he spun Craig Lowndes coming off safety car as well. So my opinion of his race didn't start so great :p

Is Maro the one that thew a tantrum when Shane put it into the wall?

8. Brainling

Brainling Core

Yes, and then went on TV and through SVG under the bus. Just crappy teammate behavior.

9. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Maro Engel is a hypocritical whiny child.

Noodleguitar and Brainling like this.
  10. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Since my stint in the Porsche at Nordschleife I've been interested in figuring out how to get around the green hell better. In perusing videos on YouTube I came across the following.

Onboard classics in the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 LD at Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Very intense racing!

Noodleguitar likes this.
  11. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Wow, that crash at 21:35 was nasty. Looks like the Mini didn't expect the Porsche to go around the outside there, which isn't a good idea anyway. Nice avoidance from the Mercedes.

12. Duke

Ya the Porsche got demolished in that exchange.

13. Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment Super Mod

Duke, Jes_971, Brainling and 3 others like this.
  14. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

15. Deb

Deb Moderator

[​IMG]

Got to watch a little of it and then had to tend to Easter baskets and egg hunt :)

Happy Easter all!!!!

Cpl. Punishment likes this.
  16. Duke

Too bad you couldn't find an Easter Bunny in a thong :)

17. Deb

Deb Moderator

I see you have fully recovered :)

18. Deb

Deb Moderator

I got an invitation from Park Place McLaren for a McLaren driving event where you get to drive the 2017 570S for an hour. Well, of course, I couldn't let that opportunity pass so went this afternoon. What a car!!!!!!! So fun, handles incredible, carbon ceramic brakes are so EPIC, honestly better than the Porsche 911S, of course, close to $100K more. So if you're in the market for a $250K car o_O, this would be a great choice, of course, who is in the market for a $250K car. But it sure was fun pretending to be :D And they did wash the GTS while I was driving the McLaren, must have been a dream :)

mclaren1.jpg mclaren3.jpg mclaraen(2).jpg

19. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Anyone watching any of the Nurb24 this weekend?

20. Brainling

Brainling Core

Memorial Day weekend is racing weekend for me. I'll watch as much of everything as possible. Nurb24, Monoco, Indy 500 and even the Coke 600 that night. If I'm not driving race cars this weekend I'll be watching them :)

Jes_971 likes this.