1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Life Racing / News Thread

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Daunt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

These big race weekends are always so exciting. It always starts as

[​IMG]

Then Sunday evening comes along and I'm like

[​IMG]

Deb likes this.
  2. Brainling

Brainling Core

Monaco is the crown jewel for me, so I'll be up at 5 AM my time to watch that hehe. The other races tend to be filler for whatever happens during the rest of the day (generally involving beer and grilled meats).

3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

This is actually the first year I've started watching F1. Enjoying it so far. Mmmm grilled meats!

Brainling likes this.
  4. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Sorry for the double post but here is todays free practice for the Nurb24.

I'm guessing that this is going to be the YT channel that will be streaming the race live this weekend. Don't hold me to it though. :)

Deb likes this.
  5. Brainling

Brainling Core

If you meant to embed a YT video/stream, it didn't work :(

6. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I tried embedding the video but its the link from the livestream so maybe that has something to do with why it won't embed? I'm still figuring this computer stuff out. You know, vacuum tubes, magnetic drums, and all that other stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/vodafonedeutschland/videos

7. Brainling

Brainling Core

Hey, don't let me stop the learning train...but the transistor was invented in 1947 and commercialized by the mid 1950's. Vacuum tubes may be slightly out of date knowledge.

Jes_971 likes this.
  8. Deb

Deb Moderator

I hope to watch some but with company over the long weekend it gets hard. Have to sneak off o_O

Made good progress on the rig last night, got further than I expected. Probably half way there :)

rig.jpg

And, no, there is no butler to help. Husband offered but told him I wanted to see if I could do the whole thing myself. Although will need him to help mount the monitor :)

Noodleguitar and Jes_971 like this.
  9. Deb

Deb Moderator

If someone could embed a live stream, that would be AWESOME!!!!! Then I could sneak off with the laptop :D

10. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I would totally help you with that, Deb but I couldn't get the last one to embed properly. The top 30 qualifying starts in 23 minutes on the same channel as above. Who is the manufacturer of your rig, Deb?

11. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

To my knowledge you cannot embed a livestream (any livestream) without a lot of coding.

In order to do that a website must allow for .html coding which none of my sites do given the possibly security issues they pose.

12. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

HA!! I knew it wasn't just something I was doing wrong. I'm way smarter than that.

Duke likes this.
  13. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

14. Deb

Deb Moderator

Simetik is the manufacturer, small group out of Portugal, but extremely reasonable prices for a very sturdy and adjustable rig and great customer service. My one at home is the same and I have been more than happy with it. You can order a single or triple monitor add on. Is fairly easy to build, hey, if I can do it, anyone can :) Have the day off today, so am making further progress. The rig is built, name and car number and all :D Now just have to add the hardware and get it all running!

rig3.jpg

Jes_971 likes this.
  15. Duke

Somebody threw up on your rug.

Noodleguitar likes this.
  16. Brainling

Brainling Core

Nothing says Texas like the giant star on the fireplace grating.

17. Deb

Deb Moderator

Well, you know, it is a lake house :p

Done!!!!:D

rig5.jpg

rig4.jpg

Duke, Brainling and Noodleguitar like this.
  18. Duke

I wonder what that seat would look like after I sat in it in my thong?

19. Deb

Deb Moderator

20. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

What an insane end of the Nurb24. I love how we can race for 24 hours and still have it come down to the last several minutes.

Brainling and Noodleguitar like this.