1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

SCS hints at oversized load DLC

Discussion in 'Simulation Gaming' started by Shilka, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

In a merry christmas and happy new year message SCS has hinted at upcoming oversized load DLC. I for one am very much looking forward to this, especially because I see a whole lot of steering axles in the video! :D

Marc and Noodleguitar like this.
  2. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I have an oversized load for you :)

3. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Awesome! But why is the pickup in the middle of a farmers field?

4. Duke

little P was driving.

Need I say more?

5. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

More teasing, including the news that this upcoming DLC might come with some chassis upgrades for the trucks as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

OK, I'm really happy now, as they won't be forgetting about ATS when it comes to oversized loads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's even more exiting, these trailer configuration look like they have multiple pivot points... I'll try to get information if that is really true, if so, modding scene will be providing us with all crazy sort of trailers, road trains, you name it. Exiting times :D

7. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]

In case anyone was wondering, here is that trailer in real life for comparison. Looks like they did a good job with it, overall.

Can't wait for SCS to not change the delivery points so that the already miserable delivery points can be even more intolerable.

8. Duke

This is great news.

I just hope we don't have to shoe-horn them into some of the silly spaces we do currently.

What I want most of all though right now is the Oregon Coast and Washington State.

9. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Funny enough I'm an absolute fan of even sillier places to park trailers at. I want a "you've got to be kidding" parking difficulty added XD

10. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Well, multiple pivot points confirmed:

[​IMG]

This is pretty cool, as it has been a long lasting wish from the modding community.
    Once this is implemented, we'll most likely see an influx of new (types) of trailer mods, such as more oversized, doubles, road trains, dog trailers and the likes. A lot more possibilities then before for sure. (Current engine version only allows for one pivot point). Yay!

11. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

While the oversized load DLC will be paid DLC, SCS has announced that they will introduce doubles for free in the next major updates for both ETS2 as well as ATS (planned for 'early summer'):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking good SCS!

(Looking forward to Duke streaming his reverse parking skills with these :D )

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/05/doubles.html

Noodleguitar likes this.
  12. Duke

lol I can barely handle a single trailer, doubles will literally kill me.

13. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

The heavy cargo pack for ETS2 is here!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/531131/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2__Heavy_Cargo_Pack/

And very decently priced for under €5,- as well.
    It contains 8 new heavy haul cargoes:
    • Asphalt Miller
    • Industrial Cable Reel
    • Concrete Beams
    • Crawl Dozer
    • Locomotive
    • Metal Centering
    • Mobile Crane
    • Transformer
    The new DLC contains a pair of new high-tech trailers: Single Extendable Flatbed and Semi Lowloader with Drop Deck. These trailers come with steerable axles for safer navigation around tight bends.

[​IMG]

The introduction of the DLC comes with a free basegame upgrade, introducing 8x4's for some of the trucks, as well as a more advanced truck analisys screen:

[​IMG]

However, you don't get restricted in which trucks to use for the heavy hauls, you can use any truck you like.

I for one will be getting this ASAP, and wil report back to you shortly :)

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  14. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Just tried it, and wow. Works like a charm, looks great, and for just a few bucks absolutely great value for money...

Here's a screeny I just took ingame:
    [​IMG]

Noodleguitar and Duke like this.
  15. Duke

Looks like I'll be jumping back into ETS shortly.

Thanks for the updates Shilka.

16. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Aaaaaaaaand the ATS heavy cargo pack DLC is out too:

New cargoes to haul:
    • Crawler Tractor
    • Bulldozer
    • Lift Truck Chassis
    • Lift Truck
    • Cable Reel
    • Milling Machine
    • All Terrain Crane
    • Scraper
    • Transformer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These multi pivot trailers look like awesome fun!
    It looks like we'll get some new stuff like engines, flags and signs as well.

I'm off to test them! Have fun :D

Duke and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  17. Duke

I'm going to pick this up and drive it next week but if they make me shoehorn one of these baddies next to that fucking train in that horseshoe parking lot I'm gonna lose my shit. :mad:

18. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

19. Duke

Squirrel reminds me of George so much lol.

20. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

As far as I've see so far, there's only forward parking spots for these, also on difficult parking level. Of course, if you miss the forward parking, you will have to reverse, but you'll have yourself to thank for it.

So far, I'm liking these new trailers a ton, they have no steering axles so you'll have to go wide, and they are much more difficult to handle then their euro truck counterparts. They look great too.

With multiple pivot points now available, I'm very curious what the modding community is coming up with. I bet some modders will have models ready and waiting with just the pivot points needing adding, so it shouldn't take long untill the first multi pivot mods will roll in...

Skid_Marc_ and Duke like this.